Core i 7 2600 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasko

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Hi. I have a i 7 2600 in p67x ud3 b3 motherboard. The cpu is 3.4 ghz stock. When my pc boots up it shows that its running at 3.5 ghz. I havent done any overclocking and in the bios is says x34. My turbo mode is enabled. Is this due to turbo boost or its a baby overclock that iam unaware of ? thank u

Solution

With 4 cores in use you should see a speed of 3.5GHz, 3 core would be 3.6GHz and 2 core would be 3.7GHz and with only one core in use you would see 3.8GHz as the max speed for a non-overclocked Intel® Core™ i7-2600. There can be some other things like temperature that may change those numbers but that should give you a good idea of what your processor is doing.
It is the turbo boost; the way that this feature works is that it will check the temperature of the processor and the number of cores in use and will raise the clock speed up based on them. You should always have some extra performance due to turbo boost (what you are seeing there). Here is a nice little tool that you can set up and see how much you are getting from the turbo boost http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19105

nasko

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
thank you very much for your reply. So to confirm its a good thing. I dont want to overclock. I dont think i can anyways because i have the regular 2600. Stock is 3.4 ghz and showing 3.5 ghz is normal ? thanks again

believe there is some limited overclocking on the non k versions

something like overclock the turbo by 4 bins and small bclk increase

nothing like the k version--but probably 4.2ghz is do-able with an eye on temperatures if stock cooler

max turbo is 3.8ghz

With 4 cores in use you should see a speed of 3.5GHz, 3 core would be 3.6GHz and 2 core would be 3.7GHz and with only one core in use you would see 3.8GHz as the max speed for a non-overclocked Intel® Core™ i7-2600. There can be some other things like temperature that may change those numbers but that should give you a good idea of what your processor is doing.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS