HD 6950 triple monitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The TDP for the card is about 200w. As the other poster mentioned unless you're overclocking the card it's going to pull around 200w at max load +/- a couple watts. Running 2 or more displays will usually prevent the card from going to the lowest 2d clock speed. So at idle it may run 5c warmer or so, basically it’s a minor difference though so I wouldn’t worry about it.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
if the card is at 100% load, i don't think you will be able to get it even hotter.

The only thing that will happen is loss of performance, with 3 screen the memory usage will be much higher and the performance drop will be much higher.

i don't think the gpu will be hotter than that, the idle temps will not change much because the gpu usage in idle is nothing significant, so if the gpu usage is 1% in idle, will be something like 2% with 3 monitors... is very low.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
If the card is running at 100% it's running at 100%? It would make no difference if you used 3 monitors or 5. The card can only draw as much power as it's built for.

The TDP will be the same regardless unless you are overclocking and increasing the voltage.

xfx support

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
The TDP for the card is about 200w. As the other poster mentioned unless you're overclocking the card it's going to pull around 200w at max load +/- a couple watts. Running 2 or more displays will usually prevent the card from going to the lowest 2d clock speed. So at idle it may run 5c warmer or so, basically it’s a minor difference though so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.