Nokia 8850

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
April 26, 2004 3:57:26 AM

Am finding that the LEDs have been replaced by the repairer [twice] and
still believe that my LCD is a little darker than usual at night to read..
Am thinking of taking it back to them again and getting them to replace the
LCD which was once replaced due to scratches on glass.

Can any1 confirm that its a nice crisp semi-white light to read : or do i
need glasses :(

More about : nokia 8850

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 10:56:00 PM

> Try taking it to someone to put in really really bright leds but
> remember battery life will take a hit.

A considerable hit.

I have a 5110 with ultrabright LEDs installed, used as a backup phone.
Standby time is astounding, it will last over a week... Press buttons and
turn the backlight on for any amount of time though, lucky to get a day out
of it.

-mark
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 10:56:01 PM

nukeleer wrote:
>>> Try taking it to someone to put in really really bright leds but
>>> remember battery life will take a hit.
>>
>> A considerable hit.
>>
>> I have a 5110 with ultrabright LEDs installed, used as a backup
>> phone. Standby time is astounding, it will last over a week... Press
>> buttons and turn the backlight on for any amount of time though,
>> lucky to get a day out of it.
>>
>> -mark

True - a 5110 standby can outperform a 3310 anytime. But one day standby?
wow... big problem.. I like the dim LEDs on my 5110 cos it doesnt glare in
cinemas (unlike the big bright colour screen of a 9210) while sms-ing ;)
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 12:26:04 AM

> True - a 5110 standby can outperform a 3310 anytime. But one day standby?
> wow... big problem.. I like the dim LEDs on my 5110 cos it doesnt glare in
> cinemas (unlike the big bright colour screen of a 9210) while sms-ing ;)

One day moderate usage. Two low usage, over a week from straight standby.

-mark
!