Nokia 8850

Am finding that the LEDs have been replaced by the repairer [twice] and
still believe that my LCD is a little darker than usual at night to read..
Am thinking of taking it back to them again and getting them to replace the
LCD which was once replaced due to scratches on glass.

Can any1 confirm that its a nice crisp semi-white light to read : or do i
need glasses :(
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia 8850

    > Try taking it to someone to put in really really bright leds but
    > remember battery life will take a hit.

    A considerable hit.

    I have a 5110 with ultrabright LEDs installed, used as a backup phone.
    Standby time is astounding, it will last over a week... Press buttons and
    turn the backlight on for any amount of time though, lucky to get a day out
    of it.

    -mark

    nukeleer wrote:
    >>> Try taking it to someone to put in really really bright leds but
    >>> remember battery life will take a hit.
    >>
    >> A considerable hit.
    >>
    >> I have a 5110 with ultrabright LEDs installed, used as a backup
    >> phone. Standby time is astounding, it will last over a week... Press
    >> buttons and turn the backlight on for any amount of time though,
    >> lucky to get a day out of it.
    >>
    >> -mark

    True - a 5110 standby can outperform a 3310 anytime. But one day standby?
    wow... big problem.. I like the dim LEDs on my 5110 cos it doesnt glare in
    cinemas (unlike the big bright colour screen of a 9210) while sms-ing ;)

    > True - a 5110 standby can outperform a 3310 anytime. But one day standby?
    > wow... big problem.. I like the dim LEDs on my 5110 cos it doesnt glare in
    > cinemas (unlike the big bright colour screen of a 9210) while sms-ing ;)

    One day moderate usage. Two low usage, over a week from straight standby.

    -mark

Nokia LCD