Video output, but no post beep?

chondo

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Hello,

I'm a first time builder doing a test build outside the case and was wondering why I'm not getting a post beep. The lights on the mobo turn on and the cpu and gpu fans turn on. There's also video output and I can access the BIOS.

For some reason though there's no post beep. I have a small speaker installed that came with the case. Should I be worried or can I start installing everything inside the case? I know little about cpus and don't know if there's anything I can check out to see if there's something wrong.

Mobo is an ASRock z68 ex3gen3

CPU i52500k

mushkin 8gb ram

sapphire 6870

rosewill hive 650w psu

Thanks for your help!

chondo

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
So I set everything up and I'm not getting any onboard sound. I've updated the drivers and tried disabling and enabling sound devices but I'm still not getting anything. I can get sound from headphones however, and I haven't tried speakers yet.

Everything else is working fine, and I don't really want to go through the trouble of sending back the mobo and waiting for a new one when I can just get a cheap pair of speakers. I'm running windows 8 preview in the meantime while the windows 7 OEM ships in the mail. Also worried about the OS being confined to this mobo when it could be faulty.

Is there anything else I can try? Could this be a sign of future problems with the mobo? Thanks again.