Deleting the history of opened files in Open-window

How can I clear the history of previously opened files that appears by
clicking the down-arrow next to the File Name -box? Where does Windows store
this information? I have Windows XP Home Edition.
Any information would be greatly appreciated!

If you are talking about MS word, there is under OPTIONS -GENERAL tab a
"recently used files" entry. Adjust this. Windows does not generate these
lists - the software you are using does.

Duncan

"KP" wrote:

> How can I clear the history of previously opened files that appears by
> clicking the down-arrow next to the File Name -box? Where does Windows store
> this information? I have Windows XP Home Edition.
> Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Further.....

Some software allows you to configure this through options e.g Word. Some
can not be configured and are stored in the ini file. Some are stored in the
registry. Unless there is a control option in the program, you can not
prevent this history list from filling and appearing.

However, see "How to edit Windows registry to clear the list of most
recently used files in Office 2003. Article ID : 826208" n the XP knowledge
base

Duncan