Complete dummy with alot of $$$

YGM

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Hi there

I recently acquired a large sum of money and TBH i have nothing to do with it. i have decided to build a gaming computer, the price range is around £15,000 that's around $24,185. i don't no nothing about computers and i'm just going all in.

Oh and thanks for your help

Unless you want to go with a crazy triple-monitor or 3D setup, you can't really spend more than $2500 or so, and spending more than $1800 would probably be unreasonable unless you do want to go for the crazy stuff. If you do, 3D might run $3000 and triple-monitor $4500. Don't throw your money away just for the sake of it, though. If you're not going to appreciate it, give it away or invest it.

andrewcarr

Distinguished
The most you can really spend is about $7k and that is with 4x CF and all the most expensive components including the the sandy bridge extreme processor (no two CPU boards) and liquid cooling (not phase change).

andrewcarr

Distinguished
I kinda believe this is a troll with how dumb it is to waste that much money, instead of buying a car, on a computer. But I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

YGM

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
thanks for your advice, i honestly didn't have a clue about prices of things i just assumed they would be rather expensive. And is that Triple monitor thing is what that dude swifty has? oh and 3D sounds good.

G

to hell with 3D, its over rated. a ruby studded mouse is soooo much better.

YGM

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
im being deadly serious...i just want a decent computer were i wont have to worry about upgrading it in 5 years lol i don't no i just want the best computer possible at this time.

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Unless you go to OriginPC and get their top of the line build there is no way that you are going to spend that much money on a gaming computer worth its value. The most that you will use would be 5k and even that is more than double the price that you could spend and still get something freaking awesome.

G

that would clash with your diamond/gold case and affect your performance.