Dvd Tray gets stuck sometimes?

Last response: in Video Games
May 21, 2005 5:15:25 AM

Samsung drive, just started happening. About 1/2 the time I go to eject the
tray, it'll get stuck, and I'll hear it sounding like its trying to eject
the tray, but its getting stuck. If I jiggle the front of it, it opens.
Same thing sometimes when trying to close it, it requires a nudge (nothing
forceful just a small tap) to get moving.

Any ideas whats wrong/how to fix it?

More about : dvd tray stuck

Anonymous
May 21, 2005 6:53:05 PM

"Michael Gunn" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
> Samsung drive, just started happening. About 1/2 the time I go to eject
> the tray, it'll get stuck, and I'll hear it sounding like its trying to
> eject the tray, but its getting stuck. If I jiggle the front of it, it
> opens. Same thing sometimes when trying to close it, it requires a nudge
> (nothing forceful just a small tap) to get moving.
>
> Any ideas whats wrong/how to fix it?

Happens to me also, I just tap on the outside & it'll usually open. Would
like to know a fix too.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 9:47:23 PM

JohnDoe wrote:
> "Michael Gunn" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
>
>>Samsung drive, just started happening. About 1/2 the time I go to eject
>>the tray, it'll get stuck, and I'll hear it sounding like its trying to
>>eject the tray, but its getting stuck. If I jiggle the front of it, it
>>opens. Same thing sometimes when trying to close it, it requires a nudge
>>(nothing forceful just a small tap) to get moving.
>>
>>Any ideas whats wrong/how to fix it?
>>

> Happens to me also, I just tap on the outside & it'll usually open. Would
> like to know a fix too.

The Llama describes how to realign a Thompson drive's tray:
http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/thompson_dvd_tray.ht...

Here's how you can tell what DVD you have:
http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_dvd_version_com...