Dvd Tray gets stuck sometimes?

Samsung drive, just started happening. About 1/2 the time I go to eject the
tray, it'll get stuck, and I'll hear it sounding like its trying to eject
the tray, but its getting stuck. If I jiggle the front of it, it opens.
Same thing sometimes when trying to close it, it requires a nudge (nothing
forceful just a small tap) to get moving.

Any ideas whats wrong/how to fix it?
2 answers Last reply
More about tray stuck sometimes

    "Michael Gunn" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
    > Samsung drive, just started happening. About 1/2 the time I go to eject
    > the tray, it'll get stuck, and I'll hear it sounding like its trying to
    > eject the tray, but its getting stuck. If I jiggle the front of it, it
    > opens. Same thing sometimes when trying to close it, it requires a nudge
    > (nothing forceful just a small tap) to get moving.
    >
    > Any ideas whats wrong/how to fix it?

    Happens to me also, I just tap on the outside & it'll usually open. Would
    like to know a fix too.

    JohnDoe wrote:
    > "Michael Gunn" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Samsung drive, just started happening. About 1/2 the time I go to eject
    >>the tray, it'll get stuck, and I'll hear it sounding like its trying to
    >>eject the tray, but its getting stuck. If I jiggle the front of it, it
    >>opens. Same thing sometimes when trying to close it, it requires a nudge
    >>(nothing forceful just a small tap) to get moving.
    >>
    >>Any ideas whats wrong/how to fix it?
    >>

    > Happens to me also, I just tap on the outside & it'll usually open. Would
    > like to know a fix too.

    The Llama describes how to realign a Thompson drive's tray:
    http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/thompson_dvd_tray.htm

    Here's how you can tell what DVD you have:
    http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_dvd_version_comparison.htm

Console Gaming Video Games