Solved

Has my CPU all of a sudden died"?

So long story short, I bought a new video card and it wasn't working as it should...video kept cutting out so thereafter I noticed that the card wasn't properly seated. I had wires all over the place inside the case so I decided to clean em up.

Now I took most of the innards apart while routing cable etc but I didn't touch the CPU nor the h50 that's sitting on top. Long story short when I went to turn on the pc, I noticed there was a red light on my motherboard.(ASus crosshairs iv formula)that the cpu part hat stayed a solid redd and the pc won't start. Well the fans and all that run just the problematic CPU

I tried twice more and nothing. I re planted the h50 without the thermal
Since it was still nice and wasnt hardnstnsll....And nothing , CPU light still on,

All I get is the red light...what does this mean..."?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sudden died
  1. Best answer
    This may sound really stupid

but did you remember to plug the CPU power cable back in?
  2. You know....That DOES sound stupid LOL......I was stuck for a good 3hrs, last night after I posted, I went to sleep,woke up thinking " did I connect the CPU power???" then I said " nah that couldn't be it "

Then I saw your message and I'm like " wtf is wrong that can't be it "

I say to myself, let me check I've done everything else....and sure enough, that was it LOL.........
  3. Best answer selected by somdow.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Graphics Cards