Your question
Solved

Has my CPU all of a sudden died"?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Graphics Cards
Last response: in CPUs
August 4, 2012 4:42:08 AM

So long story short, I bought a new video card and it wasn't working as it should...video kept cutting out so thereafter I noticed that the card wasn't properly seated. I had wires all over the place inside the case so I decided to clean em up.

Now I took most of the innards apart while routing cable etc but I didn't touch the CPU nor the h50 that's sitting on top. Long story short when I went to turn on the pc, I noticed there was a red light on my motherboard.(ASus crosshairs iv formula)that the cpu part hat stayed a solid redd and the pc won't start. Well the fans and all that run just the problematic CPU

I tried twice more and nothing. I re planted the h50 without the thermal
Since it was still nice and wasnt hardnstnsll....And nothing , CPU light still on,

All I get is the red light...what does this mean..."?

More about : cpu sudden died

Best solution

August 4, 2012 5:46:22 AM

This may sound really stupid

but did you remember to plug the CPU power cable back in?
August 4, 2012 1:48:37 PM

You know....That DOES sound stupid LOL......I was stuck for a good 3hrs, last night after I posted, I went to sleep,woke up thinking " did I connect the CPU power???" then I said " nah that couldn't be it "

Then I saw your message and I'm like " wtf is wrong that can't be it "

I say to myself, let me check I've done everything else....and sure enough, that was it LOL.........
m
l
August 4, 2012 1:48:47 PM

Best answer selected by somdow.
m
l
!