Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Max $1800 gaming rig

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 22, 2012 2:39:47 AM

hi guys i would like some help with a gaming pc build. I don't want the monitor, etc. to be included into the budget but recommendations are welcomed. And i would also like the cooling and all that aswell please. also i want a good wireless chip/adapter or whatever it's called.

Approximate Purchase Date: few days after release of ivy bridge.

Country: Australia. it doesnt matter if it is in USD i can spend extra if it costs more! :) 

Budget Range: MAX $1800 before rebates.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: GAMING, Gaming and gaming!

Parts Preferences: whatever is best for gaming.

Overclocking: if it will be better yes.

SLI or Crossfire: Yes.

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, only one monitor.

Memory: 16GB ram or 8GB whichever is better for gaming.

also a case that won't need anything to be CRUSHED to fit into so a rather spacious but good looking one.

oh and i don't care if the fans and all that are loud. cause i will be getting turtle beaches anyway so yeah. i was thinking one of these Razer Megalodon Headset 7.1 or Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset (prob get this one).

sorry for asking so many questions and being a noob. o0

Thanks in Advance. :D 

More about : max 1800 gaming rig

April 22, 2012 4:13:52 AM

What are the websites that sells computer parts in Australia so I can suggest parts?
m
0
l
April 22, 2012 4:15:45 AM

gary1 said:
What are the websites that sells computer parts in Australia so I can suggest parts?


I will probably use Amazon
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
April 22, 2012 4:41:57 AM

This build allows you to add another one of those cards later on for a dual card set up.


http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $105.00
CoolerMaster HAF 912 Advanced

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $129.00
Silverstone Strider Plus 750W ST75F-P 80 PLUS Silver 100% modular

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $139.00
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 Motherboard

http://www.guru3d.com/news/intel-ivy-bridge-gets-prelau... $212 USD
Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3750K 3.4hz

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $39.00
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $59.00
G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAO 8GB (2x4GB)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $19.00
Sony AD7280SGB DVDRW OEM

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $109.00
Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $159.00
Patriot Pyro SE 120GB SSD

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $359.00
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB GHZ

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $45.00
ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adapto

or...

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $45.00
Netgear WNA3100 Wireless N USB Adapter

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $95.00
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $149.00
ASUS VE228H 21.5in Widescreen LED Monitor

Total: $1,618.00 AUD inc. GST


***alternative motherboard if seeking higher over clock and more gpu bandwidth (better motherboard imo than the Gigabyte I posted up above)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $155.00
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $69.00
Corsair Vengeance 1300 Analog Gaming Headset

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $39.00
ASUS Xonar DG
Share
April 22, 2012 7:49:32 AM

ok so is this any good?


should i go with


ASRock Z68 EXTREME3 GEN3 LGA1155/ Intel Z68/ DDR3/ Quad CrossFireX & Quad SLI/SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard $155:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005GK6AQC/ref=s...


should i get the, Intel Core i5-2500K Processor $218.98:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-BX80623I52500K-Core-i5-2500...


or


Intel Core i7-2600K Processor $309.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-BX80623I72600K-Core-i7-2600...


or


Intel Core i7-2700K 3.5 GHz LGA 1155 Processor BX80623I72700K $319.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-i7-2700K-Processor-BX8...



Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B $96.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Channel-Memory-...



OCZ ZS Series 750W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom $89.99:


http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Series-80PLUS-Performance-com...



Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST2000DL003 $119.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Intern...



Crucial 256 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT256M4SSD2 $289.44:

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-2-5-Inch-Solid-State-CT25...



XFX HD 7970 Black Edition 3 GB 1000MHZ GDDR5 Dual Mini DisplayPort HDMI DVI PCI-E $499.99:

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Black-Edition-1000MHZ-Display...



NZXT Crafted Series ATX Full Tower Steel Chassis - Phantom White $129.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Crafted-Series-Tower-Steel-Chassi...


Total Cost: with 2500k = $1600.37

Total Cost: with 2600k = $1691.38

Total Cost: with 2700k = $1701.38

or if there is better than that stuff than go ahead and please tell me! Thanks -Mark
m
0
l
April 22, 2012 8:13:49 AM

mark12000 said:
ok so is this any good?


should i go with


ASRock Z68 EXTREME3 GEN3 LGA1155/ Intel Z68/ DDR3/ Quad CrossFireX & Quad SLI/SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard $155:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005GK6AQC/ref=s...


should i get the, Intel Core i5-2500K Processor $218.98:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-BX80623I52500K-Core-i5-2500...


or


Intel Core i7-2600K Processor $309.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-BX80623I72600K-Core-i7-2600...


or


Intel Core i7-2700K 3.5 GHz LGA 1155 Processor BX80623I72700K $319.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-i7-2700K-Processor-BX8...



Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B $96.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Channel-Memory-...



OCZ ZS Series 750W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom $89.99:


http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Series-80PLUS-Performance-com...



Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST2000DL003 $119.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Intern...



Crucial 256 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT256M4SSD2 $289.44:

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-2-5-Inch-Solid-State-CT25...



XFX HD 7970 Black Edition 3 GB 1000MHZ GDDR5 Dual Mini DisplayPort HDMI DVI PCI-E $499.99:

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Black-Edition-1000MHZ-Display...



NZXT Crafted Series ATX Full Tower Steel Chassis - Phantom White $129.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Crafted-Series-Tower-Steel-Chassi...


Total Cost: with 2500k = $1600.37

Total Cost: with 2600k = $1691.38

Total Cost: with 2700k = $1701.38

or if there is better than that stuff than go ahead and please tell me! Thanks -Mark


for gaming
2500k>all
16gb is overkill,8gb is more than enough.
gtx 680 is overall better than 7970.go for it.
for SLi and overclocking,i would suggest 800w+ psu and for single card,550~600w is more than enough.this is my suggestion-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
other things are good.
m
0
l
April 22, 2012 9:07:44 AM

Hi mate.

Couple of things... You might find Amazon won't ship those parts to Aus. Even if they did I wonder about how that effects warranty etc.

PCCaseGear is a great website. And I also get stuff from my local MSY. I have listed a few MSY prices in the below build, hopefully you have one near you. Usually I just download the pdf pricelist from their website and give them a call to check for stock. They really are about as cheap as it gets in Aus. If you can grab more of your parts from an MSY it will also reduce your shipping from PCCaseGear or other online stores.

http://msy.com.au/

With Ivy Bridge so close now, I'd wait now. It will also give the gtx 680 a chance to come back in stock.

Cases: A lot comes down to personal preference. The are good, solid cases that cool well and are easy to build in.

Fractal Arc Mid $129
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

CM 690 II Advanced $115
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

CPU: Good move to wait for these... due out end of month. They surely won't be more than $250 (I'm hoping :)  )

Ivy Bridge i5 3750K 3.4hz $220-$250??? (guess)

Mobo: This board has loads of features, a good all round board for a general gaming system. If you are doing anything more specific with your build just double check all the features listed suit you needs.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 $155
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

PSU: Thinking down the track of adding a 2nd gtx 680 you want enough power for that extra card. There is a lot of talk that a 750W will power SLI 680s on an IB platform, which I don't doubt, just to be on the safe side 850W is good. Going down to the 750W for the build as listed will be plenty of juice, if you aren't looking to add another GPU.

Corsair TX-850 V2 $169
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

GPU: You don't have to look far on this website for praise of this GPU

Gigabyte gtx 680 2GB $672 (from MSY)
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

RAM: 8 GB is plenty for gaming. Good brand and Low profile

Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB $65
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

CPU Cooler: For overclocking the CPU at $40 these do just as good a job (usually within 1-2 deg) as coolers that are twice the price. Relatively easy to instal.

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO $39
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Optical Drive: Cheap as they come, and black (looks better in your case than white or grey IMO)

Sony AD7280SGB DVDRW $19
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

HDD: Decent, a little hard to find good HDDs around these day unless you are willing to pay too much

Seagate 1TB $99
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

SSD: Realiable good brand SSD and have come down a bit in price. For an SSD I go 120GB minimum for OS and games

Intel 520 Series 120GB $185 (from MSY)
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

$1782 (Using more expensive options too)
m
0
l
April 22, 2012 9:28:04 AM

ok so is this any good?


should i go with this?


ASRock Z68 EXTREME3 GEN3 LGA1155/ Intel Z68/ DDR3/ Quad CrossFireX & Quad SLI/SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard $155:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005GK6AQC/ref=s...


should i get the, Intel Core i5-2500K Processor $218.98:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-BX80623I52500K-Core-i5-2500...



or

Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3750K 3.4hz $212 USD :

http://www.guru3d.com/news/intel-ivy-bridge-gets-prelau...



Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B $53.70:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Channel-Memory-...



OCZ ZS Series 750W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom $89.99:


http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Series-80PLUS-Performance-com...



Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST2000DL003 $119.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Intern...



Crucial 256 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT256M4SSD2 $289.44:

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-2-5-Inch-Solid-State-CT25...



XFX HD 7970 Black Edition 3 GB 1000MHZ GDDR5 Dual Mini DisplayPort HDMI DVI PCI-E $499.99:

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Black-Edition-1000MHZ-Display...


or

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2048MB GDDR5, DVI, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, 4-way SLI Ready Graphics Card Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2680-KR $728.00:

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-DisplayPort-Graphics...



NZXT Crafted Series ATX Full Tower Steel Chassis - Phantom White $129.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Crafted-Series-Tower-Steel-Chassi...


ASUS(PCE-N15) maximum performance Wireless-N Network Adapter ( 300Mbps Transmit / 300Mbps Receive) with PCI-E interface, Include Full Height and Low Profile bracket, WPS button Support $27.99:

http://www.amazon.com/PCE-N15-performance-Wireless-N-Tr...


Total Cost: with 2500k, 7970 = $1585.07

Total Cost: with 2500k, GTX 680 = $1813.08

Total Cost: with Ivy Bridge, 7970 = $1578.09

Total Cost: with Ivy Bridge, GTX 680 = $1806.10

or if there is better than that stuff than go ahead and please tell me! Thanks -Mark


also why is the ivy bridge so cheap?

then when i have more money later on i will buy another one of whichever graphics card is better.
m
0
l
April 22, 2012 9:31:46 AM

no body knows why IBs are cheap but i find it great!!
IB+680 build is best IMO.once again,if you want to run 680 SLi+overcocks then you need a 800w+ psu.and for single gpu,500w~600w is enough.
m
0
l
April 22, 2012 11:18:34 AM

ok my new budget is $2200 (increased because AUSSIE stuff cost more!)

Is this better?


ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard $155:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3750K 3.4hz ~$212 USD :

http://www.guru3d.com/news/intel-ivy-bridge-gets-prelau...



Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 $59.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 $139.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD $359.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB $699.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 Case White $179.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor $45.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 800W $179.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Total Cost = $2026 (BECAUSE AUSSIE DOLLAR)

or if there is better than that stuff than go ahead and please tell me! Thanks -Mark


later on i will buy a second GTX 680.


ALSO it DOES NOT matter if it goes a few hundred dollars over my budget!



EDIT: changed ASRock Z68 EXTREME3 GEN3 LGA1155/ Intel Z68/ DDR3/ Quad CrossFireX & Quad SLI/SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard $155:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005GK6AQC/ref=s...

to ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard $155:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Increased budget.


EDIT: Removed one of the hard drives (had 2 SSD)
m
0
l
April 22, 2012 12:07:12 PM

Unless you were able to get the z68 board for a bargain somewhere, I'd go with z77 like the Asrock Extreme 4.

Is that your full list? Do you want those 2 SSDs? Also need a PSU, DVD drive and a CPU Cooler would be good if you're going to overclock your processor.
m
0
l
April 22, 2012 12:13:59 PM

Formata said:
Unless you were able to get the z68 board for a bargain somewhere, I'd go with z77 like the Asrock Extreme 4.

Is that your full list? Do you want those 2 SSDs? Also need a PSU, DVD drive and a CPU Cooler would be good if you're going to overclock your processor.


2 SSD was a mistake.

picked a powersupply forgot to add it to the list. added now

and any recommendations for a good quality DVD drive (maybe a blu ray drive aswell. will i need one for anything?) and a good quality and effective CPU Cooler?
m
0
l
April 22, 2012 2:03:30 PM

ok my new budget is $2200 (increased because AUSSIE stuff cost more!)

Is this better?


ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard $155: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3750K 3.4hz ~$212 USD :

http://www.guru3d.com/news/intel-ivy-bridge-gets-prelau...



Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 $59.00: 

 http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 $139.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... 



Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD $359.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB $699.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 Case White $179.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor $45.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Silverstone Strider 850W Gold ST85F-G $179.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Total Cost = $2036 (BECAUSE AUSSIE DOLLAR)

or if there is better than that stuff than go ahead and please tell me!  Thanks -Mark


Stuff not included in the budget:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Full Version) $279:


http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/computers-laptops/comput...


Razer Tiamet 7.1 Headset $228:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-156498-Razer-Tiamat-71-He...


Looking for a monitor.


Keyboard coming.


Mouse coming. Will edit this tomorrow and put them in. going to sleep now.


later on i will buy a second GTX 680.


ALSO it DOES NOT matter if it goes a few hundred dollars over my budget!
m
0
l
April 22, 2012 2:35:06 PM

You can get an OEM version of windows7 when you order your system which will cost you a lot less:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Those 240GB SSDs are big bucks. Its your money... but 120GB is plenty for your OS a good number of games. You can pretty easily transfer current games between your HDD and SSD when you're not using them. And keep the bulk of other files on the HDD videos, music etc.

Everything else is looking good. Personally I would cough up the extra for the 'gold' version of that PSU. The 850W Strider + is well recommended and $30 less. Fully modular too.

Silverstone Strider Plus 850W ST85F-P
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
April 22, 2012 5:34:01 PM

I was under the assumption the OP needed a O/S, monitor, wireless card, and headset along with the basics.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
April 22, 2012 5:39:59 PM

Done what?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
April 22, 2012 6:18:31 PM

Quote:
If so, how come you have not yet done so?

Look at the 4th post on this thread when the OP's budget was still $1,800 AUD.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
April 22, 2012 6:22:33 PM

Stop arguing for the sake of it.
m
0
l
April 22, 2012 10:29:40 PM

Is this any better?


ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard $155: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3750K 3.4hz ~$212 USD :

http://www.guru3d.com/news/intel-ivy-bridge-gets-prelau...



Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 $59.00: 

 http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 $139.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... 



Crucial M4 SSD 256GB $349.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB $699.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 Case White $179.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor $45.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Silverstone Strider 850W Gold ST85F-G $179.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Total Cost = $2016 (BECAUSE AUSSIE DOLLAR)

or if there is better than that stuff than go ahead and please tell me!  Thanks -Mark


Stuff not included in the budget:


SAMSUNG 27" MONITOR $398:

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/samsung/27-inch-moni...


Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM (i didn't even know what this was before!) $95.00:


http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset $228:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-156498-Razer-Tiamat-71-He...


Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard Mirror Edition $89.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Razer Imperator 4G Battlefield 3 Edition $95.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


SteelSeries QcK Diablo III Barbarian Edition mousepad $24.00:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-156493-SteelSeries-QcK-Di...


should i get the 680 or 7970? the 7970 seems to fair better at most of the games.



Should i get the silverstone 850w Gold or Silver?

Silver: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Gold: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


IT DOES NOT matter if it goes a few hundred dollars over my budget!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
April 22, 2012 10:53:11 PM

Everything is great! Gl with your build.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
April 23, 2012 12:18:42 AM

Only two changes I see to be made. Add an after market cpu heat sink....either the CM EVO or CM 612, and lose that RAM with the cake cutter heat spreaders. Unless you plan on using that RAM for a hair comb, it's going to impede any after market cpu heat sink you use hence the reason I linked that low profile G.Skill RAM in that build I posted.
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 3:30:58 AM

Why_Me said:
Unless you plan on using that RAM for a hair comb,

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 3:58:37 AM

Why_Me said:
and lose that RAM with the cake cutter heat spreaders. Unless you plan on using that RAM for a hair comb,



:lol:  Comment of the day
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 6:36:37 AM

Why_Me said:
Only two changes I see to be made. Add an after market cpu heat sink....either the CM EVO or CM 612, and lose that RAM with the cake cutter heat spreaders. Unless you plan on using that RAM for a hair comb, it's going to impede any after market cpu heat sink you use hence the reason I linked that low profile G.Skill RAM in that build I posted.

is it as good as normal RAM though? + it doesn't support my motherboard

and do i need a sound card even though i'm getting headphones?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
April 23, 2012 6:59:04 AM

mark12000 said:
is it as good as normal RAM though? + it doesn't support my motherboard

and do i need a sound card even though i'm getting headphones?

Normal RAM? It's G.Skill RAM with low heat spreaders. Nothing abnormal about it. It's not on the motherboard support list for the fact it's new to the market and hasn't been added yet, but it will work fine.

No need for a sound card imo without hearing the onboard sound first. Chances are you won't want to get an sound card after listening to the onboard sound. It's pretty good these days.
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 7:47:18 AM

Budget Increased to $2500( i mean what the hell why not?)

Is this any better?


ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard $155: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3750K 3.4hz ~$212 USD :

http://www.guru3d.com/news/intel-ivy-bridge-gets-prelau...



G.Skill Ares F3-2133C9Q-16GAB 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 $169.00: (Can someone confirm that this is compatible with Z77?)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 $139.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... 



Crucial M4 SSD 256GB $349.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB $699.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 Case White $179.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor $45.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Silverstone Strider 850W Gold ST85F-G $179.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Total Cost = $2126 (BECAUSE AUSSIE DOLLAR)

or if there is better than that stuff than go ahead and please tell me!  Thanks -Mark


Stuff not included in the budget:


ASUS VE248H 24in Widescreen LED Monitor $199.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM (i didn't even know what this was before!) $95.00:


http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset $228:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-156498-Razer-Tiamat-71-He...


Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard Mirror Edition $89.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Razer Imperator 4G Battlefield 3 Edition $95.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


SteelSeries QcK Diablo III Barbarian Edition mousepad $24.00:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-156493-SteelSeries-QcK-Di...


Total cost ALTOGETHER = $2856



Should i get the silverstone 850w Gold or Silver?

Silver: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Gold: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



IT DOES NOT matter if it goes a few hundred dollars over my budget!
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 10:14:40 AM

any dvd drives or cpu coolers? (i want good quality)
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 10:21:55 AM

it's cheaper LOL!
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 10:23:41 AM

hellfire24 said:
it's cheaper LOL!

only $30 dollars more LOL!

and do you know any good cpu coolers or any good dvd drives?
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 10:32:12 AM

hyper 212 EVO is a great cooler for 4.5ghz overclock.asus,lite on,lg,samsung dvd drives are good.
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 10:43:11 AM

hellfire24 said:
hyper 212 EVO is a great cooler for 4.5ghz overclock.asus,lite on,lg,samsung dvd drives are good.

so that would be great for my cpu? even if overclocked?
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 10:54:51 AM

Budget $2500

Is this any better than what it was?


ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard $155: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3750K 3.4hz ~$212 USD :

http://www.guru3d.com/news/intel-ivy-bridge-gets-prelau...



G.Skill Ares F3-2133C9Q-16GAB 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 $169.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 $139.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... 



Crucial M4 SSD 256GB $349.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB $699.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 Case White $179.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor $45.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Silverstone Strider 850W Gold ST85F-G $179.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler $39.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


LG CH12LS28 12X BD-R Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive $55.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Total Cost = $2220 (BECAUSE AUSSIE DOLLAR)

or if there is better than that stuff than go ahead and please tell me!  Thanks -Mark


Stuff not included in the budget:


ASUS VE248H 24in Widescreen LED Monitor $199.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM (i didn't even know what this was before!) $95.00:


http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset $228:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-156498-Razer-Tiamat-71-He...


Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard Mirror Edition $89.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Razer Imperator 4G Battlefield 3 Edition $95.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


SteelSeries QcK Diablo III Barbarian Edition mousepad $24.00:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-156493-SteelSeries-QcK-Di...


Total cost ALTOGETHER = $2950


IT DOES NOT matter if it goes a few hundred dollars over my budget!


Will the G.Skill Ares be completely compatible with the Z77 EXTREME4?
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 12:07:47 PM

is this the best possible build i can make?

i got another question will this play all/most games on max settings?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
April 23, 2012 10:02:36 PM

It will play almost any game on max settings with AA and AF on max.
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 10:15:01 PM

azeem40 said:
It will play almost any game on max settings with AA and AF on max.

AWESOME! so this is a good build? (i think it is good!)
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
April 23, 2012 11:24:09 PM

Yes.
m
0
l
April 24, 2012 4:16:03 AM

mark12000 said:
Budget $2500

Is this any better than what it was?


ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard $155: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3750K 3.4hz ~$212 USD :

http://www.guru3d.com/news/intel-ivy-bridge-gets-prelau...



G.Skill Ares F3-2133C9Q-16GAB 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 $169.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 $139.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... 



Crucial M4 SSD 256GB $349.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB $699.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 Case White $179.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor $45.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Silverstone Strider 850W Gold ST85F-G $179.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler $39.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


LG CH12LS28 12X BD-R Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive $55.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Total Cost = $2220 (BECAUSE AUSSIE DOLLAR)

or if there is better than that stuff than go ahead and please tell me!  Thanks -Mark


Stuff not included in the budget:


ASUS VE248H 24in Widescreen LED Monitor $199.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM (i didn't even know what this was before!) $95.00:


http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset $228:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-156498-Razer-Tiamat-71-He...


Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard Mirror Edition $89.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Razer Imperator 4G Battlefield 3 Edition $95.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


SteelSeries QcK Diablo III Barbarian Edition mousepad $24.00:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-156493-SteelSeries-QcK-Di...


Total cost ALTOGETHER = $2950


IT DOES NOT matter if it goes a few hundred dollars over my budget!


Will the G.Skill Ares be completely compatible with the Z77 EXTREME4?


everything is good but why so expensive headset bro?????
m
0
l
April 24, 2012 9:07:22 AM

hellfire24 said:
everything is good but why so expensive headset bro?????

because a few of my friends bought the one made before it and said it was the best one they have had and both of them together have probably had 4-6 other high quality headsets and said this is the best!

and for this build im not sure which case i should get. should i get this one

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... OR

this one http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Which one is better for this build?
m
0
l
April 24, 2012 9:53:22 AM

Budget $2500


ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard $155: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3750K 3.4hz ~$212 USD :

http://www.guru3d.com/news/intel-ivy-bridge-gets-prelau...



G.Skill Ares F3-2133C9Q-16GAB 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 $169.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 $139.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... 



Crucial M4 SSD 256GB $349.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB $699.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 Case White $179.00: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor $45.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Silverstone Strider 850W Gold ST85F-G $179.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler $39.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


LG CH12LS28 12X BD-R Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive $55.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...



Total Cost = $2220 (BECAUSE AUSSIE DOLLAR)

or if there is better than that stuff than go ahead and please tell me!  Thanks -Mark


Stuff not included in the budget:


ASUS VE248H 24in Widescreen LED Monitor $199.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM (i didn't even know what this was before!) $95.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset $228:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-156498-Razer-Tiamat-71-He...


Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard Mirror Edition $89.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Razer Imperator 4G Battlefield 3 Edition $95.00:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


SteelSeries QcK Diablo III Barbarian Edition mousepad $24.00:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-156493-SteelSeries-QcK-Di...


Kaspersky Anti Virus 2012 1 User/1 Year OEM $15:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...


Total cost ALTOGETHER = $2965


Here is my wishlist on pccasegear.com http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_list... with everything except for the mouse pad and headset.(they don't have them.)


IT DOES NOT matter if it goes a few hundred dollars over my budget!
m
0
l
April 24, 2012 10:14:44 AM

for headset,my elder brother is currently using razor megalodon 7.1,it's the best headset i ever saw(i know there are some better ones with a big price tag).but trust me it provides great gaming experience.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
for case,you can go with a bit more expensive but "worth it" case,some thing like this-
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
here's a good review-
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/corsair_obsidia...
m
0
l
April 24, 2012 10:34:03 AM

damn how can i forget fortress?it's my favorite silverstone case!
m
0
l
April 24, 2012 10:36:53 AM

hellfire24 said:
damn how can i forget fortress?it's my favorite silverstone case!

so which of the two cases would be better for my build?
m
0
l
April 24, 2012 10:46:58 AM

Quote:
Silverstone kicks ass in quality and cooling, get's my vote.

thanks for the fast reply!
m
0
l
April 24, 2012 11:26:46 AM

Quote:
Silverstone kicks ass in quality and cooling, get's my vote.

so that build with the silverstone fortress will be even better?

and do you know any other cases with good airflow and plenty of space and that look good?
m
0
l
April 24, 2012 1:13:14 PM

yes,silverstone cases have great cooling.
@rekon,what fans on that h100?
m
0
l
April 24, 2012 1:22:50 PM

hellfire24 said:
yes,silverstone cases have great cooling.
@rekon,what fans on that h100?

is it worth the bit of extra cash and is there any that looks better but just as good cooling?(not to be mean or anything just my personal taste, i mean it looks good but well i was just wondering if there were any as good as that)
m
0
l
!