Please recommend a Bluetooth adapter

I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if such
a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite for
the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.

I am currently struggling with a Windigo Systems USB dongle. Although this
connects perfectly with the 6600 everytime, it does not seem to allow PC
suite to connect. I know there are no conflicts, and I know what Com port
the Bluetooth serial is on, yet trying to get PC Suite to connect once
Windigo's (Blue Manager 3.1) software has often results in blue screen of
death!

I get the same problem with Oxygen Phone Manager, so it must be the Windigo
software. It can't be the PC or operating system as I have tried two now,
with similar problems.

Even pairing and setting the authorisation doesn't help.

I have tried uninstalling PC Suite, running the reg cleaner and reinstalling
to no avail. I have looked at the TDK manual, and tried implementing it, but
again to no avail.

Please help!
6 answers Last reply
More about please recommend bluetooth adapter

    "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
    > I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if
    such
    > a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite for
    > the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.
    >
    > I am currently struggling with a Windigo Systems USB dongle. Although this
    > connects perfectly with the 6600 everytime, it does not seem to allow PC
    > suite to connect. I know there are no conflicts, and I know what Com port
    > the Bluetooth serial is on, yet trying to get PC Suite to connect once
    > Windigo's (Blue Manager 3.1) software has often results in blue screen of
    > death!
    >
    > I get the same problem with Oxygen Phone Manager, so it must be the
    Windigo
    > software. It can't be the PC or operating system as I have tried two now,
    > with similar problems.
    >
    > Even pairing and setting the authorisation doesn't help.
    >
    > I have tried uninstalling PC Suite, running the reg cleaner and
    reinstalling
    > to no avail. I have looked at the TDK manual, and tried implementing it,
    but
    > again to no avail.
    >
    > Please help!

    I'm using the belkin bluetooth usb adapter with a 6820 and it's working
    fine.

    Eva

    I'm using the TDK Bluetooth USB Adaptor and it's working perfectly with my
    6600, PC-Suite and Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian Phones !

    --
    Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    My firmware:

    "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> schreef in bericht
    > I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if
    such
    > a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite for
    > the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.

    ---

    Using an el-cheapo ($27au) ebay usb dongle at the moment .. WIDCOMM based
    variant .. using the hacked Belkin drivers, works perfectly ..

    Took a LOT of messing around with the supplied drivers to realise they were
    hopeless .. modified belkin drivers now have it working perfectly .. So for
    a little mucking around, I saved quite a bit of money .. (we sell the Belkin
    branded dongles at work for $99)

    "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
    > I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if
    such
    > a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite for
    > the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.
    >
    > I am currently struggling with a Windigo Systems USB dongle. Although this
    > connects perfectly with the 6600 everytime, it does not seem to allow PC
    > suite to connect. I know there are no conflicts, and I know what Com port
    > the Bluetooth serial is on, yet trying to get PC Suite to connect once
    > Windigo's (Blue Manager 3.1) software has often results in blue screen of
    > death!
    >
    > I get the same problem with Oxygen Phone Manager, so it must be the
    Windigo
    > software. It can't be the PC or operating system as I have tried two now,
    > with similar problems.
    >
    > Even pairing and setting the authorisation doesn't help.
    >
    > I have tried uninstalling PC Suite, running the reg cleaner and
    reinstalling
    > to no avail. I have looked at the TDK manual, and tried implementing it,
    but
    > again to no avail.
    >
    > Please help!

    This is a cheapEbay dongle, cost £12 inc postage. How do I 'hack' another
    manufacturers driver? Could you perhaps email your driver to see if it would
    work for me?

    "Lord-Data" <data@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
    > Using an el-cheapo ($27au) ebay usb dongle at the moment .. WIDCOMM based
    > variant .. using the hacked Belkin drivers, works perfectly ..
    >
    > Took a LOT of messing around with the supplied drivers to realise they
    were
    > hopeless .. modified belkin drivers now have it working perfectly .. So
    for
    > a little mucking around, I saved quite a bit of money .. (we sell the
    Belkin
    > branded dongles at work for $99)
    >
    > "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
    > > I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if
    > such
    > > a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite
    for
    > > the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.
    > >
    > > I am currently struggling with a Windigo Systems USB dongle. Although
    this
    > > connects perfectly with the 6600 everytime, it does not seem to allow PC
    > > suite to connect. I know there are no conflicts, and I know what Com
    port
    > > the Bluetooth serial is on, yet trying to get PC Suite to connect once
    > > Windigo's (Blue Manager 3.1) software has often results in blue screen
    of
    > > death!
    > >
    > > I get the same problem with Oxygen Phone Manager, so it must be the
    > Windigo
    > > software. It can't be the PC or operating system as I have tried two
    now,
    > > with similar problems.
    > >
    > > Even pairing and setting the authorisation doesn't help.
    > >
    > > I have tried uninstalling PC Suite, running the reg cleaner and
    > reinstalling
    > > to no avail. I have looked at the TDK manual, and tried implementing it,
    > but
    > > again to no avail.
    > >
    > > Please help!

    You have to (i believe) have a dongle that starts out using WIDCOMM drivers
    ... seems to suit a large percentage of usb bluetooth dongles ..

    Problem is tho, WIDCOMM have been updating drivers, but the el-cheapo ones
    dont lisence any driver updates .. Belkin however, does .. but the Belkin
    drivers wont install on a non-belkin dongle .. there is a patch/crack for
    them to bypass the detection ..

    Some google searching should track down the links for the patch .. the
    drivers themselves you get from www.belkin.com

    > This is a cheapEbay dongle, cost £12 inc postage. How do I 'hack' another
    > manufacturers driver? Could you perhaps email your driver to see if it
    would
    > work for me?
    >
    > "Lord-Data" <data@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Using an el-cheapo ($27au) ebay usb dongle at the moment .. WIDCOMM
    based
    > > variant .. using the hacked Belkin drivers, works perfectly ..
    > >
    > > Took a LOT of messing around with the supplied drivers to realise they
    > were
    > > hopeless .. modified belkin drivers now have it working perfectly .. So
    > for
    > > a little mucking around, I saved quite a bit of money .. (we sell the
    > Belkin
    > > branded dongles at work for $99)
    > >
    > > "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
    > > > I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if
    > > such
    > > > a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite
    > for
    > > > the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.
    > > >
    > > > I am currently struggling with a Windigo Systems USB dongle. Although
    > this
    > > > connects perfectly with the 6600 everytime, it does not seem to allow
    PC
    > > > suite to connect. I know there are no conflicts, and I know what Com
    > port
    > > > the Bluetooth serial is on, yet trying to get PC Suite to connect once
    > > > Windigo's (Blue Manager 3.1) software has often results in blue screen
    > of
    > > > death!
    > > >
    > > > I get the same problem with Oxygen Phone Manager, so it must be the
    > > Windigo
    > > > software. It can't be the PC or operating system as I have tried two
    > now,
    > > > with similar problems.
    > > >
    > > > Even pairing and setting the authorisation doesn't help.
    > > >
    > > > I have tried uninstalling PC Suite, running the reg cleaner and
    > > reinstalling
    > > > to no avail. I have looked at the TDK manual, and tried implementing
    it,
    > > but
    > > > again to no avail.
    > > >
    > > > Please help!

    If anyone's having issues with widcomm based BT adaptors, follow
    instructions here:

    http://www.jonscaife.com/bt/

    Sammy.

    In article <408c978f@nexus.comcen.com.au>, data@ihug.com.au says...
    > Using an el-cheapo ($27au) ebay usb dongle at the moment .. WIDCOMM based
    > variant .. using the hacked Belkin drivers, works perfectly ..
    >
    > Took a LOT of messing around with the supplied drivers to realise they were
    > hopeless .. modified belkin drivers now have it working perfectly .. So for
    > a little mucking around, I saved quite a bit of money .. (we sell the Belkin
    > branded dongles at work for $99)
    >
    > "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
    > > I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if
    > such
    > > a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite for
    > > the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.
    > >
    > > I am currently struggling with a Windigo Systems USB dongle. Although this
    > > connects perfectly with the 6600 everytime, it does not seem to allow PC
    > > suite to connect. I know there are no conflicts, and I know what Com port
    > > the Bluetooth serial is on, yet trying to get PC Suite to connect once
    > > Windigo's (Blue Manager 3.1) software has often results in blue screen of
    > > death!
    > >
    > > I get the same problem with Oxygen Phone Manager, so it must be the
    > Windigo
    > > software. It can't be the PC or operating system as I have tried two now,
    > > with similar problems.
    > >
    > > Even pairing and setting the authorisation doesn't help.
    > >
    > > I have tried uninstalling PC Suite, running the reg cleaner and
    > reinstalling
    > > to no avail. I have looked at the TDK manual, and tried implementing it,
    > but
    > > again to no avail.
    > >
    > > Please help!

Nokia Bluetooth