Please recommend a Bluetooth adapter

Last response: in Brands
April 26, 2004 4:13:43 AM

I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if such
a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite for
the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.

I am currently struggling with a Windigo Systems USB dongle. Although this
connects perfectly with the 6600 everytime, it does not seem to allow PC
suite to connect. I know there are no conflicts, and I know what Com port
the Bluetooth serial is on, yet trying to get PC Suite to connect once
Windigo's (Blue Manager 3.1) software has often results in blue screen of
death!

I get the same problem with Oxygen Phone Manager, so it must be the Windigo
software. It can't be the PC or operating system as I have tried two now,
with similar problems.

Even pairing and setting the authorisation doesn't help.

I have tried uninstalling PC Suite, running the reg cleaner and reinstalling
to no avail. I have looked at the TDK manual, and tried implementing it, but
again to no avail.

Please help!
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 12:30:43 PM

"Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if
such
> a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite for
> the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.
>
> I am currently struggling with a Windigo Systems USB dongle. Although this
> connects perfectly with the 6600 everytime, it does not seem to allow PC
> suite to connect. I know there are no conflicts, and I know what Com port
> the Bluetooth serial is on, yet trying to get PC Suite to connect once
> Windigo's (Blue Manager 3.1) software has often results in blue screen of
> death!
>
> I get the same problem with Oxygen Phone Manager, so it must be the
Windigo
> software. It can't be the PC or operating system as I have tried two now,
> with similar problems.
>
> Even pairing and setting the authorisation doesn't help.
>
> I have tried uninstalling PC Suite, running the reg cleaner and
reinstalling
> to no avail. I have looked at the TDK manual, and tried implementing it,
but
> again to no avail.
>
> Please help!

I'm using the belkin bluetooth usb adapter with a 6820 and it's working
fine.

Eva
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 3:16:49 PM

I'm using the TDK Bluetooth USB Adaptor and it's working perfectly with my
6600, PC-Suite and Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian Phones !

--
Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
My firmware:

"Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> schreef in bericht
> I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if
such
> a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite for
> the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.

---
April 26, 2004 6:38:09 PM

Using an el-cheapo ($27au) ebay usb dongle at the moment .. WIDCOMM based
variant .. using the hacked Belkin drivers, works perfectly ..

Took a LOT of messing around with the supplied drivers to realise they were
hopeless .. modified belkin drivers now have it working perfectly .. So for
a little mucking around, I saved quite a bit of money .. (we sell the Belkin
branded dongles at work for $99)

"Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if
such
> a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite for
> the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.
>
> I am currently struggling with a Windigo Systems USB dongle. Although this
> connects perfectly with the 6600 everytime, it does not seem to allow PC
> suite to connect. I know there are no conflicts, and I know what Com port
> the Bluetooth serial is on, yet trying to get PC Suite to connect once
> Windigo's (Blue Manager 3.1) software has often results in blue screen of
> death!
>
> I get the same problem with Oxygen Phone Manager, so it must be the
Windigo
> software. It can't be the PC or operating system as I have tried two now,
> with similar problems.
>
> Even pairing and setting the authorisation doesn't help.
>
> I have tried uninstalling PC Suite, running the reg cleaner and
reinstalling
> to no avail. I have looked at the TDK manual, and tried implementing it,
but
> again to no avail.
>
> Please help!

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 6:38:10 PM

This is a cheapEbay dongle, cost £12 inc postage. How do I 'hack' another
manufacturers driver? Could you perhaps email your driver to see if it would
work for me?

"Lord-Data" <data@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> Using an el-cheapo ($27au) ebay usb dongle at the moment .. WIDCOMM based
> variant .. using the hacked Belkin drivers, works perfectly ..
>
> Took a LOT of messing around with the supplied drivers to realise they
were
> hopeless .. modified belkin drivers now have it working perfectly .. So
for
> a little mucking around, I saved quite a bit of money .. (we sell the
Belkin
> branded dongles at work for $99)
>
> "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> > I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if
> such
> > a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite
for
> > the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.
> >
> > I am currently struggling with a Windigo Systems USB dongle. Although
this
> > connects perfectly with the 6600 everytime, it does not seem to allow PC
> > suite to connect. I know there are no conflicts, and I know what Com
port
> > the Bluetooth serial is on, yet trying to get PC Suite to connect once
> > Windigo's (Blue Manager 3.1) software has often results in blue screen
of
> > death!
> >
> > I get the same problem with Oxygen Phone Manager, so it must be the
> Windigo
> > software. It can't be the PC or operating system as I have tried two
now,
> > with similar problems.
> >
> > Even pairing and setting the authorisation doesn't help.
> >
> > I have tried uninstalling PC Suite, running the reg cleaner and
> reinstalling
> > to no avail. I have looked at the TDK manual, and tried implementing it,
> but
> > again to no avail.
> >
> > Please help!

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 12:19:09 AM

You have to (i believe) have a dongle that starts out using WIDCOMM drivers
... seems to suit a large percentage of usb bluetooth dongles ..

Problem is tho, WIDCOMM have been updating drivers, but the el-cheapo ones
dont lisence any driver updates .. Belkin however, does .. but the Belkin
drivers wont install on a non-belkin dongle .. there is a patch/crack for
them to bypass the detection ..

Some google searching should track down the links for the patch .. the
drivers themselves you get from www.belkin.com

> This is a cheapEbay dongle, cost £12 inc postage. How do I 'hack' another
> manufacturers driver? Could you perhaps email your driver to see if it
would
> work for me?
>
> "Lord-Data" <data@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> > Using an el-cheapo ($27au) ebay usb dongle at the moment .. WIDCOMM
based
> > variant .. using the hacked Belkin drivers, works perfectly ..
> >
> > Took a LOT of messing around with the supplied drivers to realise they
> were
> > hopeless .. modified belkin drivers now have it working perfectly .. So
> for
> > a little mucking around, I saved quite a bit of money .. (we sell the
> Belkin
> > branded dongles at work for $99)
> >
> > "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> > > I really need a good reliable Bluetooth adapter, either USB or PCI (if
> > such
> > > a thing exists), that is GUARANTEED to work faultlessly with PC Suite
> for
> > > the Nokia 6600 on both Win 98 & XP pro.
> > >
> > > I am currently struggling with a Windigo Systems USB dongle. Although
> this
> > > connects perfectly with the 6600 everytime, it does not seem to allow
PC
> > > suite to connect. I know there are no conflicts, and I know what Com
> port
> > > the Bluetooth serial is on, yet trying to get PC Suite to connect once
> > > Windigo's (Blue Manager 3.1) software has often results in blue screen
> of
> > > death!
> > >
> > > I get the same problem with Oxygen Phone Manager, so it must be the
> > Windigo
> > > software. It can't be the PC or operating system as I have tried two
> now,
> > > with similar problems.
> > >
> > > Even pairing and setting the authorisation doesn't help.
> > >
> > > I have tried uninstalling PC Suite, running the reg cleaner and
> > reinstalling
> > > to no avail. I have looked at the TDK manual, and tried implementing
it,
> > but
> > > again to no avail.
> > >
> > > Please help!

April 27, 2004 8:11:06 PM

If anyone's having issues with widcomm based BT adaptors, follow
instructions here:

http://www.jonscaife.com/bt/

Sammy.

In article <408c978f@nexus.comcen.com.au>, data@ihug.com.au says...