Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
My system
Motherboard: Tpower i55 motherboard
CPU: i5 750s 2.40GHz
GPU: Radeon HD 6790 crossfired
PSU: Antec 750w
RAM: Ripjaw 4gbx2 (8gb)

Everything works fine when im using my comp for anything other than games, but when gaming everything seems fine for 30secs-1min and then i crash to blue screen or hang up (mostly blue screen). im sure its something to do with my display driver, i had 12.1 and it crashed, i have 11.5 and it still crashes. idk what to do

Thanks to anyone who contributes

Check to make sure your windows 7 is service pack 1. Many games no longer support original windows 7. You will see kernal trap bsods if this is the case. To check this use the start button and right click computer. If the screen has no service pack 1 statement your not up to date.

You can check the minidumps using whocrashed. Your blue screens may be saying something like STOP 0x0000007F.
http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Sindicate416

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Whocrashed said:
On Mon 2/13/2012 11:56:10 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021312-39000-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x8D07B)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFFFF874D1008, 0xFFFFFFFF91629D68, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

The following software issues are examples that can cause a TDR event:
-Incompatible drivers of any sort (either GPU, sound, etc) ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...s/default.aspx )
-Messy registry (I doubt this and don't approve of registry cleaners)
-Known vista issues resounding around multiple displays, aero, dreamscape, and various display drivers. (none known for this OS)
-Known vista issues that sometimes cause corrupt information to be sent to the video card from system memory (will be addressed completely in SP2, has had various fixes applied since vista's release) (none known for this OS)
-Bad direct x files (uninstall, then reinstall DirectX)
-bad system files (System File Checker - was run above)
-Bad driver (some drivers will cause an event due to internal bugs, however these are not nearly as common as many think due to all of the previous things causing the same symptom) - (remove all 3rd party programs and check to be sure drivers aren't loading. Then install only the necessary 3rd party stuff, and ensure it's the latest version and that it's compatible with Windows 7)

I suggest you uninstall your video card drives, directx, and use driver sweeper. Then reinstall a fresh download of directx and amd drivers.

The following hardware issues are examples that can cause a TDR event:
- Failing overclock on CPU or GPU (stop overclocking)
- Bad sector in memory resulting in corrupt data being communicated between GPU and the system (either video or system memory) ( MemTest and a video memory stress test: |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download )
- Corrupt hard drive/windows install resulting in corruption to the system registry or the page file (Hard drive diagnostics (HD Diagnostic ), reset your pagefile

For the registory you could try advanced systems care deep scan.

The possibility with your BSOD info suggest bad video memory but does either card work? Try the other card to make sure each works by themselves. If both cards work but not together would suggest a power supply problem. If you have a power supply tester I suggest testing the PSU. Try using the PCI-e power connectors you used for the second card with just 1 card installed. If only the 1 card works or the problem returns using the other PCI-E power connector you will need to RMA the bad part.

TRENDING THREADS