E3 roundup - what did you think?

What games shown are you most hyped for? Let's split this into XBox, rest
of the current gen, handhelds, and next-gen. My lists:

XBox:

* King Kong - wasn't interested until I heard this was Michel Ancel's
(Rayman, Beyond Good and Evil) next game. (also for other consoles)

* Matrix: Path of Neo - It's a great trailer for a franchise I'm still a
fan of. (I know, once burned, twice shy. I'll definitely wait on reviews
before buying.) I went through the trailer frame by frame and there's a
lot of cool stuff in that superfast montage at the end. (also for other
consoles)

* Ninja Gaiden Black - As one of the many who don't have Live, I'm psyched
to finally get the Hurricane packs. It's the new enemies, particularly
that whip-swinging Alma-type and the Evil Ryu, that really make me want to
get it.

* Ultimate Spider-Man - I'm really curious to see if anyone /can/ make the
life of Peter Parker interesting as a game. I know that'll probably be
very, very little of the game, but still. (also for other consoles)

Other current-gen:

* Okami (PS2) - The watercolour shading is very nice; the Celestial Brush
system looks like it could be incredibly sweet.

* We Love Katamari (PS2)

* Chibi Robo (GC)

* Odama (GC) - It's probably not my sort of game, but I have to at least
see how a game can merge a medieval RTS with pinball.

Handheld:

* Viewtiful Joe (DS)

Next-gen:

* Killzone 2 (PS3), if they can really do it.

* Gears of War (X360), ditto.

* Heavenly Sword (PS3) - as the first Gamefaqs board thread said: God of
War meets Dynasty Warriors.

* Lost Odyssey (X360) - I guess it turns out that I really like seeing
beautiful environments in RPGs, and the one cityscape shot they had in the
trailer looked great.

--
"I yused to coudnt spel injunear, now I are one."
-attribution ?

    "Andrew Ryan Chang" <archang@sfu.ca> wrote in message
    > What games shown are you most hyped for? Let's split this into XBox, rest
    > of the current gen, handhelds, and next-gen. My lists:
    >
    > XBox:
    >
    > * King Kong - wasn't interested until I heard this was Michel Ancel's
    > (Rayman, Beyond Good and Evil) next game. (also for other consoles)
    >
    > * Matrix: Path of Neo - It's a great trailer for a franchise I'm still a
    > fan of. (I know, once burned, twice shy. I'll definitely wait on reviews
    > before buying.) I went through the trailer frame by frame and there's a
    > lot of cool stuff in that superfast montage at the end. (also for other
    > consoles)
    >
    > * Ninja Gaiden Black - As one of the many who don't have Live, I'm psyched
    > to finally get the Hurricane packs. It's the new enemies, particularly
    > that whip-swinging Alma-type and the Evil Ryu, that really make me want to
    > get it.
    >
    > * Ultimate Spider-Man - I'm really curious to see if anyone /can/ make the
    > life of Peter Parker interesting as a game. I know that'll probably be
    > very, very little of the game, but still. (also for other consoles)
    >

    > Other current-gen:
    >
    > * Okami (PS2) - The watercolour shading is very nice; the Celestial Brush
    > system looks like it could be incredibly sweet.
    >
    > * We Love Katamari (PS2)
    >
    > * Chibi Robo (GC)
    >
    > * Odama (GC) - It's probably not my sort of game, but I have to at least
    > see how a game can merge a medieval RTS with pinball.
    >

    > Handheld:
    >
    > * Viewtiful Joe (DS)
    >

    > Next-gen:
    >
    > * Killzone 2 (PS3), if they can really do it.
    >
    > * Gears of War (X360), ditto.
    >
    > * Heavenly Sword (PS3) - as the first Gamefaqs board thread said: God of
    > War meets Dynasty Warriors.
    >
    > * Lost Odyssey (X360) - I guess it turns out that I really like seeing
    > beautiful environments in RPGs, and the one cityscape shot they had in the
    > trailer looked great.

    Wow, no mention of Elder Scrolls IV? That is probably the only game due out
    in '05 that I am actually geeked for. The Katamari multiplayer will be cool
    but I could have spent my whole summer trying to finish Elder Scrolls if it
    were out in time.

    > --
    > "I yused to coudnt spel injunear, now I are one."
    > -attribution ?

    there's a pretty detailed list of the events at E3 over at
    teamxbox.com:

    http://events.teamxbox.com/xbox/5/Electronic-Entertainment-Expo-E3-2005/

    i think i may be getting too old for games, now. none of the stuff on
    the list was even remotely appealing to me. is it me or is the industry
    in a lull for originality these days? i agree that the idea of the new
    Elder Scrolls is enough to get me considering a 360 purchase, but other
    than that... it's gonna be a long summer for me. ho-hum! ;o)

    Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:
    >Wow, no mention of Elder Scrolls IV? That is probably the only game due out
    >in '05 that I am actually geeked for. The Katamari multiplayer will be cool
    >but I could have spent my whole summer trying to finish Elder Scrolls if it
    >were out in time.

    I've never been a big PC RPG fan. I guess I should try them out
    (like Morrowind) sometime, but I have no experience with their previous
    games to get me excited for Elder Scrolls 4.

    --

    I wrote:
    > I've never been a big PC RPG fan. I guess I should try them out
    >(like Morrowind) sometime, but I have no experience with their previous
    >games to get me excited for Elder Scrolls 4.

    But that said, Jade Empire and KOTOR (PCRPG style) were incredible
    and if Bioware had shown its next-gen stuff at E3, I probably would have
    included it in my list.

    --
    "I yused to coudnt spel injunear, now I are one."
    -attribution ?

    "Andrew Ryan Chang" <archang@sfu.ca> wrote in message

    My most anticipated game is NFS Most Wanted. A couple friends of mine that
    went to the E3 show said it was awesome.
    But I'll take any game on the XBox 360 because I am a tech WHORE!

Console Gaming Video Games