Graphics Card Installation Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevinic

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I really need help from anybody who knows about home built computers. Recently I just purchased a new PSU:

OCZ ZS Series 550W ATX12V V2.2 24PIN ATX SLI Ready 80PLUS Bronze Performance Power

This was to compensate for purchasing a new graphics card, an ASUS Radeon HD 6850.

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10530BD8785&vpn=EAH6850%20DC/2DIS/1GD5/V2&manufacture=ASUS

After installing both devices on my computer, I booted it up initially and everything was fine, the specs on my screen were changed but it was still running. Then I installed the new drivers as recommended and when I restarted the computer and logged in, I got the blue screen of death.

I'm not sure what I need to do to fix this. My computer specs are

Acer AM3920 E4142.

Intel i7 2600
Intel HD 2000 Graphics
Intel H67 Express Chipset
4 GB RAM
1 TB Hard Drive
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Did I need to disable my integrated graphics before installing my video card? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sevinic

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I've checked all the pins and everything seems to be plugged correctly. There are 2 6 pin slots which I have connected from the PSU to the graphics card. I dont know what else exactly there is missing it just messes up when I reboot the computer. But I can access safe mode. I know its definitely my graphics card because the computer works when I switch to integrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.