Closed Solved

Graphics Card Installation Help!

I really need help from anybody who knows about home built computers. Recently I just purchased a new PSU:

OCZ ZS Series 550W ATX12V V2.2 24PIN ATX SLI Ready 80PLUS Bronze Performance Power

This was to compensate for purchasing a new graphics card, an ASUS Radeon HD 6850.

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10530BD8785&vpn=EAH6850%20DC/2DIS/1GD5/V2&manufacture=ASUS

After installing both devices on my computer, I booted it up initially and everything was fine, the specs on my screen were changed but it was still running. Then I installed the new drivers as recommended and when I restarted the computer and logged in, I got the blue screen of death.

I'm not sure what I need to do to fix this. My computer specs are

Acer AM3920 E4142.

Intel i7 2600
Intel HD 2000 Graphics
Intel H67 Express Chipset
4 GB RAM
1 TB Hard Drive
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Did I need to disable my integrated graphics before installing my video card? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card installation help
  1. I'm worried I may have messed something up. This is my first time installing anything into a pre-built computer.
  2. make sure your updating your motherboard drivers, Direct X, make sure you have the correct power pins installed, make sure they are seated correctly.
  3. I've checked all the pins and everything seems to be plugged correctly. There are 2 6 pin slots which I have connected from the PSU to the graphics card. I dont know what else exactly there is missing it just messes up when I reboot the computer. But I can access safe mode. I know its definitely my graphics card because the computer works when I switch to integrated graphics.
  4. Best answer
    Try different GPU drivers?
  5. should i be installing it from the cd that was provided or from a website? does it make a difference?
  6. Wow seems to be working so far when I downloaded the drivers directly from amd than using the CD. Weird though. Thanks for the advice!
  7. Best answer selected by sevinic.
  8. Drivers on CD are old. Drivers from web will be the newest, and might contain fixes for known problems.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics