What is the cheapest gpu or gpu combo that will run crysis on max sets

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: (This month)

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: (Gaming with games like crysis and metro 2033, HTPC, web surfing)

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: (500W)

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: (i5 2500k with 8gb of ram)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (newegg.com)

PARTS PREFERENCES: (ANY)

OVERCLOCKING: Yes and SLI or CROSSFIRE in the future or now depending on type of card

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (1920x1080)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (Would like to run Crysis at full settings at 1080p with HDTV and not reach below 30fps) (I would also like the best bang for your buck card)
20 answers Last reply
More about what cheapest combo crysis sets
  1. Well you arent gonna get a budget card thatll max out Crysis, even now. Sorry. Whats your budget?
  2. vrumor said:
    Well you arent gonna get a budget card thatll max out Crysis, even now. Sorry. Whats your budget?

I am not looking for a budget card I am looking for the best card for the price.
  3. If you are looking at a single GPU I would suggest a GTX580 or 7950. I run Crysis with 4.1ghz I7-2600 and GTX580 and even with these specs running it at 1080p ultra (V-Sync on) it can still get a little bit laggy sometimes when there are lots of enemies firing on screen.
  4. natemare said:
    If you are looking at a single GPU I would suggest a GTX580 or 7950. I run Crysis with 4.1ghz I7-2600 and GTX580 and even with these specs running it at 1080p ultra (V-Sync on) it can still get a little bit laggy sometimes when there are lots of enemies firing on screen.

What is your fps though i really do not need more than 60fps because I using it to play on my hdtv
  5. 7950/580 is probably your best bet to max the game.
  6. What do you think about this HIS 6970 IceQ Turbo 2GB
    Core Clock 900 MHz
    Memory Clock 5600 MHz
    Memory Size 2048 MB
    Memory Type GDDR5
    Memory Interface 256 bit
    Interface PCI Express x16 (PCI Express 2.1)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161382
  7. thats decent but you'd probably need 2 to run max crysis.
  8. esrever said:
    thats decent but you'd probably need 2 to run max crysis.

Really thats crazy you see i will be new to computer gaming and it must cost a heck of a lot of money to stay on top. But what card you prefer the gtx 580 or 7950. I here the 7950 is the better card, but i do not know diddle squat. And also what specific card would you prefer.
  9. well you don't always have to max a game, some of the higher settings don't really improve the game graphics and are just there. The 7950 is the better card. The game seems to require more than the 7950 now that I look, seems like its a complete waste of money trying to max it as you'd need a 7970 and really OC it or crossfire 6970s.

10. Alright I am really confused because in the chart posted here it says that some older gpus are better than the newer ones why is that.
  11. the older ones that are better are dual gpus which are 2 gpus on 1 card.
  12. Honestly, the benchmark that esrever posted doesn't seem reliable.

If you want to max out crisis while getting good frame rate, get the 7970. It will just as you want, and the power of CFing it later down the road is remarkable.
  13. do yall play on one monitor or multiple
  14. Since I know the site that published the above benchmarks. I can now recommend. Thanks.
  15. BigMack70 said:
    GTX 580 is a pointless recommendation - it is a waste of money compared to the 7950 right now. The 7950 is newer, cheaper, faster, and can overclock somewhere between 20-50% depending on the card, putting the GTX 580 to shame.

As for maxing crysis, I believe a GTX 570 will do it at 1080p with 4xAA as long as you don't expect amazing framerates. I think it's probably the bare minimum to get something close to playable. I would recommend, however, a 7950 or 7970.

My rig averages about 52 fps during Crysis & Crysis Warhead - 1080p maxed settings with 4xAA.

do you have your xfx black edition overclocked any
  16. ok what about GIGABYTE GV-N560448-13I GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 448 i kno its not going to max settings but is it a good card
  17. its pretty good but I'd get the 6970 over it if you can afford it.
  18. esrever said:
    its pretty good but I'd get the 6970 over it if you can afford it.

ok what about GIGABYTE GV-N560448-13I GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 448 i kno its not going to max settings but is it a good card
  19. BigMack70 said:
    Yes, clocks in my sig. It's close to a 25% OC. I'm pretty sure that my performance in Crysis is limited by my CPU and the fact that Crysis is one of the worst optimized games of all time. My CPU usage in Crysis averages probably 25-30% and my GPU usage averages probably about 75%... the game is optimized sooooooooooo badly.

I average 60+ fps in Crysis 2 (75fps in Adrenaline bench) with everything on ultra + high res textures, and it looks a lot prettier...

ok what about GIGABYTE GV-N560448-13I GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 448 i kno its not going to max settings but is it a good card
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Crysis Graphics Product