Motorola V180 faceplate

Anyone have experience replacing the faceplates on a V180?
I have two V180s, and I bought some colorful faceplates to replace the
originals. I had found some instructions on gsmarena that say pry the
plate off with a fingernail, then unscrew the tiny screws. On our
phones, it looks like the outside display is held in place by the tiny
screws, and I am leery of taking that off. Also, the tiny screws were
described as eyeglass screws, but these look like some kind of torx
head. Any ideas? Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about motorola v180 faceplate

    googleThis@nadolna.net wrote:
    > Anyone have experience replacing the faceplates on a V180?
    > I have two V180s, and I bought some colorful faceplates to replace the
    > originals. I had found some instructions on gsmarena that say pry the
    > plate off with a fingernail, then unscrew the tiny screws. On our
    > phones, it looks like the outside display is held in place by the tiny
    > screws, and I am leery of taking that off. Also, the tiny screws were
    > described as eyeglass screws, but these look like some kind of torx
    > head. Any ideas? Thanks.

    There are no screws on my V180, just some tabs on each side, one at the
    bottom and 2 near the bottom that face down into the phone.

    Maybe I have the wrong parts?

    In article <1122313408.992125.25720@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    googleThis@nadolna.net wrote:

    > Anyone have experience replacing the faceplates on a V180?
    > I have two V180s, and I bought some colorful faceplates to replace the
    > originals. I had found some instructions on gsmarena that say pry the
    > plate off with a fingernail,

    That IS the faceplate.

    Don't pull the screws. That's only for if you're replacing the external
    LCD.

    Do you have parts to replace the whole case? When I talk face plate I
    mean the shiny black plastic piece with the window for the outside
    display. The case is mostly silver on the outside with some black around
    the edges that is really part of the black keypad and display mounting
    surface.

    It looks like parts to replace the whole case. But I would have to
    unscrew the external LCD to get the existing case off.

Cingular Motorola Tiny Internet Service Providers