Sony P200 or Casio EXZ-750?

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 24, 2005 1:49:39 AM

I like the idea of a 2.5 inch display and a viewfinder, but Casio is a watch
company??

--
C and A Bredt
Anonymous

C and A Bredt wrote:
> I like the idea of a 2.5 inch display and a viewfinder, but Casio is a watch
> company??

I can't tell you much about the Casio but I have owned a P200 since
February. It has been a great little camera and the only flaw I can
complain about is it defaults to 1/40th second shutter speed for wide
angle flash shots. This can result in blurry pictures if you don't hold
the camera steady. Since it has a manual mode the shutter speed can be
set higher to eliminate this problem. Also, I have found using the
viewfinder for flash shots mostly eliminates blurry flash shots. I
wouldn't consider this a deal breaker though and the camera performs
much better than I anticipated. One other terrific feature of the P200
is the extra thick LCD protector. This may sound like a trivial item
but for a camera that basically lives in my pant pocket it gives me
great peace of mind against cracking the screen from a bump or knock.

The biggest negative I have seen regarding the Casio is that is has a
very weak flash. This can be a big problem for getting good low light
shots. Otherwise, it appears to be a good camera.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 8:33:49 AM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:49:39 +0000, C and A Bredt wrote:

> I like the idea of a 2.5 inch display and a viewfinder, but Casio is a watch
> company??
And have made cameras for somewhere around 40 years.

--
neil
delete delete to reply

Sony P200
+ fixed focus mode - set it to 0.5, 1.0, 3.0, etc meters and you will
get instant shot response w/o waiting for autofocus.
+ very high quality and resolution of images.
+ prints (from Epson photo printers with card slots) are very good to
excellent
+ excellent battery life of 300+ shots
+ a few manual controls
- smaller screen
- mpeg-1 movie mode only (1GB holds ~12 minutes of film)
- doesn't fit in a shirt pocket well - it's too thick and too long

Casio
+ MPEG-4 movie mode (about an hour per 1GB; toss that camcorder out!)
+ even longer battery life than the Sony
+ large LCD screen
+ higher ISO modes
+ fits well in shirt pocket
- image quality varies a touch more than the Sony - sometimes too
blurry, sometimes more spherical abberation, sometimes not as contrasty
or colorful.
!