Unstable cpu speed when gaming

ritual123

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
hi guys, i have a notebook with an i5-2410m as a cpu. as the title says my cpu speeds are slightly unstable especially when gaming.

now, i know a cpu will run at a speed lower than its core speed when running non-intensive programs, but in my case i have a full blown mmorpg running.

according to my CPU-Z, it runs at 2.3 Mhz for most of the time, but there will be a fraction of a second it will stoop to a low 789 Mhz and then rise back to 2.3.

although this occurs for millisecond,it happens like every 20 seconds, it affects my gaming experience a lot as when the fluctuation occurs, there will be some graphical lagness due to the decrease in cpu speed.

Can anybody provide me with a solution on how to keep that 2.3 Mhz speed stable AT LEAST whilst i'm gaming?

1. Do that ^

2. Update your laptop's firmware (BIOS update). There's a lot of power control stuff in there that you don't have access to but is none the less important

3. Install the latest Intel chipset drivers, storage drivers, and management drivers (if applicable)

4. Install the latest VGA drivers

XzneG

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017

owhhhhh this is helpfull. i set the power to high performance now my core speed is 3600 after 799