IS MY RIG COMPATIBLE???

G

Im building a budget gaming PC and i was wondering if my components and wattage etc would all be compatible to make safe working PC. The Components:
- AMD PHENOM ii X4 645
-NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
- ATX 650 WATT POWER SUPPLY (EBAY)
-8GB (4x2) DDR2 PC2-6400 Samsung RAM
- ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 MOBO
-Western Digital 320 GB,7200 RPM (WD3200AAKS-00VYA0) Hard Drive

I would like to know
1) if they are compatible with each other to maintain a safe and secure system
2) How much would you pay for this rig?
3) can you recommend any reasonably good SATA internal hard drives for under 50 pounds?
thanks much appreciated and if you arent 100% sure my PC wont blow up in my face when i set it up please dont answer :)

The cpu model number is propus, not phenom II, so I hope you weren't ripped off. A good price for that cpu is $100 or less; Please check the power supply label for the 12v rail in amps; anything less than 22 should be avoided or you can replace it later if you purchased these parts as a package deal. Antec, corsair, ocz, seasonic, enermax are all good brands, but yours may be manufacturered by ocz or seasonic as they produce ps for several other brands. Since I live in the states, I can't recommend any venders for good prices.

1. Whats an Phenom ii 645? Do you mean 965? Athlon ii 645? I don't think there is a Phenom II 645., If you mean 965, yes thats an appropriate pairing with a 560 TI.

Dont use an Ebay bought power supply, you might be very sorry. Using any old power supply you can find online is a bad idea. Always use a power supply of a reputable manufacturer like Corsair, Sea Sonic, Antec, etc. But 650 watts is more than enough, assuming you buy one of quality.

3. Western digital 500GB Caviar Blue 6.0/Gb should fit that price range.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
An eBayed 650W supply sounds like a big mistake to me. Any money you save now on a budget PSU will come back at least two fold later when you have to replace it and any components it takes with it when (not if) it dies.

Do yourself a favor and buy a quality unit from a known good brand. Several have been listed as well, and I agree with them all and would like to add PC Power & Cooling to the list of good brands.

Basically, if you spend less than $50 USD, you're buying a time bomb. Even the cheapest, lowest power units from good brands cost $40-$50 USD.