How to take off computer side?

G

hi how do i take the computers side off so i can read what the psu is, there dont to be any screws in it, its a novatech case if that helps

G

yes there are thumb screws at the back, sorry, is it easy to put back on?

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
You can turn off the wall socket or the power supply.
Press the power button for a few secs after you have disconnected/switch off the plug/socket.

But if you are just checking something not changing anything then there is no need...

G

i dont think ill be turning off the power suppy i just didnt want to turn it on its side, can they damage easily?or bits rattle around?

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
Power supplys aren't fragile like hard drive, it takes a hammer or a short circuit to break them (or a few drops of water...).

You can shake a PSU as much as you want and it won't break unless it flys out of your hand....

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

more likely to damage the floor than the power supply.

best to unplug the leads if they are tight though, if there is plenty of slack then no need

best to pull power cable though as there is still power going to the power supply

don't touch anything on back of powersuply, just pull cable

some power supplies have a switch/slider to convert from 110 to 230 input voltage

if you acidently change this then you will fry it (i know ive done it before, no pics this was before digital camera's where commonplace)

G

i just want to read the power supply im not even putting my hands in it

jay_nar2012

Distinguished

Done that before ( switched the little switch to 110v on a 240v socket and BANG, didn't know WTF happened (did it when i was younger)...