Sign in with
Your question
Closed

3 Screens different resolutions?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 14, 2012 3:09:00 AM

Hey guys and girls, i have one gtx460 and a second on my shelf, im waiting for my new psu before i use it, anyway my question is, will i be able to run three screens? but NO i do NOT intend to use nvidia surround, and i dont want one giant spread out desktop, right now i have 2 screens, 1 is 24" the other 19" the 24" screen is the primary screen, games open and play on it, the task bar only spans it etc, but the second screen is like extra space, i can drag stuff over to it and use it, and if i drag a windowed application into that screen and maximize it, it maximizes to that screen, if you get what im saying, so im wondering will i be able to run 3 screens with the same out come? 1 main screen and the other two screens just to have web pages open on and stuff

I really hope i made sense to you guys, thanks for reading

More about : screens resolutions

a b U Graphics card
February 14, 2012 4:31:27 AM

I would say yes.

ATI supports it. 3 screens, no eyefinity enabled(Spread screen gaming) you can have 3 monitors all running at different resolutions.
February 14, 2012 4:51:37 AM

HugoStiglitz said:
I would say yes.

ATI supports it. 3 screens, no eyefinity enabled(Spread screen gaming) you can have 3 monitors all running at different resolutions.

Sweet, so they'd just be extra desktop space to work with?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 14, 2012 4:54:04 AM

No it won't. You can drive only 2 monitors with a single Nvidia Card the GTX460, to make use of a 3rd or even 4th monitor you need to use a second Nvidia card.
February 14, 2012 5:02:47 AM

alyoshka said:
No it won't. You can drive only 2 monitors with a single Nvidia Card the GTX460, to make use of a 3rd or even 4th monitor you need to use a second Nvidia card.

Im aware a single 460 can not do this, but as im sure you read, i have a second 460 which is soon to be in sli with it.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 14, 2012 5:07:34 AM

Yes, then it will be able to run upto 4 monitors 2 connected to each card or then 3 monitors with 2 connected to the First card and one connected to the 2nd card.
Yes you will be able to run all the monitors to their maximum, though you may run into a resolution change on the other 2 monitors when you run a game on the first monitor IF the gaming resolution differs from the resolution you have set the monitor to(the main monitor I mean)
February 14, 2012 5:12:06 AM

alyoshka said:
Yes, then it will be able to run upto 4 monitors 2 connected to each card or then 3 monitors with 2 connected to the First card and one connected to the 2nd card.
Yes you will be able to run all the monitors to their maximum, though you may run into a resolution change on the other 2 monitors when you run a game on the first monitor IF the gaming resolution differs from the resolution you have set the monitor to(the main monitor I mean)

Yeah that happend already sometimes, when i play a game, every thing on the second screen gets moved like 8 inches to the left and half off the screen, so i assume thats the resolution change you speak of xD
a b U Graphics card
February 14, 2012 5:16:40 AM

Exactly.... :) 
a b U Graphics card
February 14, 2012 6:40:18 AM

NVIDIA can't use it,you must change the card to AMD :D 
February 14, 2012 7:31:30 AM

srafig4 said:
NVIDIA can't use it,you must change the card to AMD :D 

Nvidia surround supports up to 4 monitors..........did you even read the other peoples posts?, get your *** straight son
February 14, 2012 7:41:05 AM

Best answer selected by jamethead.
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 14, 2012 9:29:52 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!