Just got my 6230

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 26, 2004 10:59:01 AM

Thought I'd post in case anyone was on the fence about this phone.

Up until now I had the SE.P800 and was happy with all its functions,
it was just too big. I toyed with getting the SE.T610 but glad I didnt
now. I wanted a replacement for my P800 with as much of its
functionality as I could get in a smaller handset.

I picked my 6230 up on Saturday and have played around with all the
functions. I think this phone is fantastic!!!

1 bug I found, sometimes when trying to delete pictures it error's.
All you need to do is turn the phone off/on and then you can delete.
Im in the process of transferring all my P800 data across.

I am very pleased with this phone and would highly recommend it.

More about : 6230

April 26, 2004 7:12:21 PM

ask if theres a software upgrade for it? how much did it cost?
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 5:36:24 AM

Joe wrote:
> ask if theres a software upgrade for it? how much did it cost?

There already is a firmware upgrade for the 6230. The retail price varies in
different countries.

--
Tero Lehto
http://lehto.net/tero/

"Tero Lehto" <tero-news23@lehto.net> wrote in message news:<a_fjc.167$w14.158@reader1.news.jippii.net>...
> Joe wrote:
> > ask if theres a software upgrade for it? how much did it cost?
>
> There already is a firmware upgrade for the 6230. The retail price varies in
> different countries.

Cost me £50, with a new contract @ £15per month. Thing is, I'll never
use the new contract cause I got a work SIM that I put in it. So
really the phone cost me £50+(12x£15)=£230. But thats still cheaper
than buying it 'off net' @£400.

Not sure what the latest firmware is, but I did *#0000# and found mine
:

V 03.14
12-03-04
RH-12
GSM P1.1
(c) NMP

The date on my release looks pretty recent :p
April 27, 2004 1:10:38 PM

Hi,

I switched from the Nokia 8250 to the S-E T630 and have been missing 2
things badly - the LOUD incoming call and SMS ringtones and the
ability to postpone reminders in the 8250.

I'm thinking of switching back to Nokia and go for the 6230. How's
the 6230 in the ringtone loudness and reminder postponement
department?

Can the 6230 accpet MIDI file as ringtones?

Jeff

jamesbailey666@hotmail.com (James) wrote in message news:<970e3cf3.0404260559.7ad496f9@posting.google.com>...
> Thought I'd post in case anyone was on the fence about this phone.
>
> Up until now I had the SE.P800 and was happy with all its functions,
> it was just too big. I toyed with getting the SE.T610 but glad I didnt
> now. I wanted a replacement for my P800 with as much of its
> functionality as I could get in a smaller handset.
>
> I picked my 6230 up on Saturday and have played around with all the
> functions. I think this phone is fantastic!!!
>
> 1 bug I found, sometimes when trying to delete pictures it error's.
> All you need to do is turn the phone off/on and then you can delete.
> Im in the process of transferring all my P800 data across.
>
> I am very pleased with this phone and would highly recommend it.
April 27, 2004 7:29:52 PM

On 27 Apr 2004 02:58:25 -0700, jamesbailey666@hotmail.com (James)
wrote:

>Cost me £50, with a new contract @ £15per month. Thing is, I'll never
>use the new contract cause I got a work SIM that I put in it. So
>really the phone cost me £50+(12x£15)=£230. But thats still cheaper
>than buying it 'off net' @£400.

Now under £300.

>Not sure what the latest firmware is, but I did *#0000# and found mine
>:
>
>V 03.14
>12-03-04
>RH-12
>GSM P1.1
>(c) NMP
>
>The date on my release looks pretty recent :p

And already superseded with a version that fixes some but not all of
the bugs
April 28, 2004 10:55:27 AM

ongjeff@singnet.com.sg (Jeff) wrote in message news:<5a809b5e.0404270810.64f99eb@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I switched from the Nokia 8250 to the S-E T630 and have been missing 2
> things badly - the LOUD incoming call and SMS ringtones and the
> ability to postpone reminders in the 8250.
>
> I'm thinking of switching back to Nokia and go for the 6230. How's
> the 6230 in the ringtone loudness and reminder postponement
> department?
>
> Can the 6230 accpet MIDI file as ringtones?
>
> Jeff

When a reminder is alarmed, you can only "Exit" or "View" the item. No
postponement unfortunatly.

The volume is very good for alerts and ringtones, so unless you have
hearing difficulties or work in a very noisey environment you shouldnt
really need it over 80%.

Pretty sure midi is a no-go but double check the nokia site. Im only
really using mp3's.
April 28, 2004 9:11:05 PM

> "How's
> the 6230 in the ringtone loudness and reminder postponement
> department?

Loud enough

On postponing reminders... I havent tried yet, but I think you can postpone.

> Can the 6230 accpet MIDI file as ringtones?

Sure! And also mp3's
April 29, 2004 8:37:17 AM

"Junior" <tropical@email.it> wrote in message news:<c6ohki$e6r2g$1@ID-221472.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> > "How's
> > the 6230 in the ringtone loudness and reminder postponement
> > department?
> >

> Loud enough
>
> On postponing reminders... I havent tried yet, but I think you can postpone.
>
> > Can the 6230 accpet MIDI file as ringtones?
> >

> Sure! And also mp3's

I just tested the reminder......... if you choose "View" when the
initial alarm comes on, you can then select "Snooze".
April 29, 2004 1:54:09 PM

Just tried out. YES YOU CAN POSTPONE. You can postpone the alarm tone by 10
minutes, or by any time you like.

"Junior" <tropical@email.it> wrote in message

> > "How's
> > the 6230 in the ringtone loudness and reminder postponement
> > department?
> >

> Loud enough
>
> On postponing reminders... I havent tried yet, but I think you can
postpone.

> > Can the 6230 accpet MIDI file as ringtones?
> >

> Sure! And also mp3's

Anonymous
April 29, 2004 4:03:40 PM

hi

I bought a nokia 6230 its a nice phone and good features. But problem
is that i downloaded some of settings from nokia web site to use
Gprs,mms and wap. After few days that stop to work and i thought that i
will download once more time. I downloaded new settings and its
working fine. But problem is that when i am going to delete my old
settings i cant delete it. I used Oxygen phone manager II but its says
reserved word so i cant change it .

Anybody can help me on this matter....

Thanks,
chirag