Usb3-usb2 header adapter

drabun

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
hi, does adapter that converts 19-pin usb 3 header to 9-pin usb 2 header exist? i want to use a usb 3 internal cable on mobo that only has usb 2 internal header. it would be a passive adapter with 19-pin male usb 3 & 9-pin female usb 2

alternatively, something like nzxt aperture will do, but without the memory card reader function

and just want to make sure, the pinout of usb 3 internal header is standardized right?

thx

drabun

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
lol, i feel dumb for not googling first, such adapter actually has been around quite long

unfortunately, both corsair carbide & obsidian usb 3 kits aren't available in my country, other vendors?

btw, is there a variant that's not with the cable, just the connectors like those dvi-hdmi adapters, i just want to expand my options?

I do not think there is an adapter without the cable.

The adapters are included with some new pc cases. Antec, Corsair, and Lian Li are including the adapter. I don't know if other companies are including them.

If you have a PCI-e slot available your other option is to purchse a PCI-e card with a USB 3.0 internal header.