win189

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
heya i was just wondering
my computer is water cooled and my water has a temp of 25.4
and my cpu is 43
is there any way i can lower that gap with out resorting to peltiers at all

i do realize that there will allways be a temp diferance but would like to know if i did something wrong or if its my water block i should consider changing

fx8120
xspc and danger den coper liquid cooling system

ok and to note the water temp is being recorded before it returns to the tank

Are you overclocked at all? And are those temps idle? The 25.4C is before res but after rad I'm assuming. The interesting measurement I think would be the water off the CPU, before the rad, if that temp is near your waterblock temp, all is well I think. Looks to me like you're doing fine - you are cooling 8 cores after all

cbrunnem

Distinguished

4 modules and 8 threads

win189

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
no im not over clocked at all i dont feel the need just yet i just was wondering if my water block is off by 22 c and if that is normal as its 22 in my room a bout
my current loop config is

res, 2x120 rad (with 2x 250 cfm 120 mm fans),Cpu block,5870,temp monitor,rez.

i am playing second life and chatting with people

Okay, if taking the temps after your CPU and GPU but before a rad, I'm thinking your block(s) is/are not transferring heat effeciently (or your thermostat needs calibrating)- I would be personally be looking for about 35-43 off the waterblocks. I would first look at the thermostat as being suspect here since you are not overheating (you would have to be IMO) if your water temps aren't rising above 26C - that would indicate no heat transfer (or too little)
You can easily tell if it the thermostat by feeling the tubing between the CPU and GPU or GPU and rad - if it feels rather warm (it should), it's probably over 26C
Sorry, mean thermometer

win189

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
thats what i was wondering so i did a test i shut off cooling tell teps go to 75 (80 being max working temp) i then turned it on and cpu temp shot to its normal 40 in less then 60 secionds

win189

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
i figured i would be ok for running but i was just wondering if that is a standerd norm that 20 degreese is the offset

as i was expecting to only have about a 10-15 degre offset