Your question

Tempature differance

Last response: in CPUs
August 5, 2012 1:37:11 AM

heya i was just wondering
my computer is water cooled and my water has a temp of 25.4
and my cpu is 43
is there any way i can lower that gap with out resorting to peltiers at all

i do realize that there will allways be a temp diferance but would like to know if i did something wrong or if its my water block i should consider changing

fx8120
xspc and danger den coper liquid cooling system

ok and to note the water temp is being recorded before it returns to the tank

More about : tempature differance

a c 124 à CPUs
August 5, 2012 2:01:58 AM

Are you overclocked at all? And are those temps idle? The 25.4C is before res but after rad I'm assuming. The interesting measurement I think would be the water off the CPU, before the rad, if that temp is near your waterblock temp, all is well I think. Looks to me like you're doing fine - you are cooling 8 cores after all
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 5, 2012 3:22:50 AM

C12Friedman said:
Are you overclocked at all? And are those temps idle? The 25.4C is before res but after rad I'm assuming. The interesting measurement I think would be the water off the CPU, before the rad, if that temp is near your waterblock temp, all is well I think. Looks to me like you're doing fine - you are cooling 8 cores after all

4 modules and 8 threads
m
l
Related resources
August 5, 2012 4:05:16 AM

no im not over clocked at all i dont feel the need just yet i just was wondering if my water block is off by 22 c and if that is normal as its 22 in my room a bout
my current loop config is

res, 2x120 rad (with 2x 250 cfm 120 mm fans),Cpu block,5870,temp monitor,rez.

i am playing second life and chatting with people
m
l
a c 124 à CPUs
August 5, 2012 4:21:46 AM

Okay, if taking the temps after your CPU and GPU but before a rad, I'm thinking your block(s) is/are not transferring heat effeciently (or your thermostat needs calibrating)- I would be personally be looking for about 35-43 off the waterblocks. I would first look at the thermostat as being suspect here since you are not overheating (you would have to be IMO) if your water temps aren't rising above 26C - that would indicate no heat transfer (or too little)
You can easily tell if it the thermostat by feeling the tubing between the CPU and GPU or GPU and rad - if it feels rather warm (it should), it's probably over 26C
Sorry, mean thermometer
m
l
August 5, 2012 4:26:29 AM

thats what i was wondering so i did a test i shut off cooling tell teps go to 75 (80 being max working temp) i then turned it on and cpu temp shot to its normal 40 in less then 60 secionds
m
l
August 5, 2012 5:14:25 AM

i figured i would be ok for running but i was just wondering if that is a standerd norm that 20 degreese is the offset

as i was expecting to only have about a 10-15 degre offset
m
l
!