ComposerParsons

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Hi,

I have an AMD FX-8150 and a Gigabyte 970 UD3 Mobo. I can't keep the CPU from going to 4 GHZ clock speed. Have set 3.6 GHZ in AMD Overdrive, Easy Tune and in the BIOS. No matter what I do it operates at 4 GHZ.

I don't have a liquid cooler or indeed anything but the stock fan and my CPU is running at about 55 degrees. Concerned about damage.

Any ides?

Thanks

G

Made any changes in BIOS? Review anything you have changed AHCI,RAM timings,etc and consider restoring optimal default settings in the BIOS.
looked up your manual. page 34

ComposerParsons

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Made any changes in BIOS? Review anything you have changed AHCI,RAM timings,etc and consider restoring optimal default settings in the BIOS.
looked up your manual. page 34

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, restoring the optimal default settings has left my pc unbootable

ComposerParsons

Distinguished
May 21, 2011

Thanks for the response. Now I can't even get to the BIOS. The machine just keeps cycling between Windows startup repair and rebooting, over and over again.

ComposerParsons

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
I can get to BIOS now, have tried different boot drives (have 3 internal SATA 1 TB)

One thing that is odd. When I'm selecting which to boot from, My DVD drive does not show up as a choice. And it seems to me that the DVD was the 1st boot drive before, although it booted from my OS drive. Could it be that the OS drive is being seen by DOS as a DVD drive (All drives are SATA)

Is there a way to add a drive to the choices listed in the BIOS?

Thanks for your time

G

Ok, well you can come back to the dvd issue later. Have you set the correct boot drive and been able to boot windows normally?
Does the issue with CPU still exist?

G

sorry, i misread your original post. I thought you had set cpu to 4 and wanted to revert changes. Turbo can likely be disabled if you choose. Apologize for mix up, at least you`re getting good and familar with your computer. LOL

Hope you get it going like you want

ComposerParsons

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Ok, well you can come back to the dvd issue later. Have you set the correct boot drive and been able to boot windows normally?
Does the issue with CPU still exist?

I always thought my Hitachi drive had the OS because the other 2 I added later and they are both Seagates. But as I mentioned, with the machine running I noticed my DVD Ram drive was First Boot, because I changed the BIOS so it was my OS drive that would boot, and it wouldn't boot. And now, the DVD RAM doesn't show as an option.

Is it possible that when I upgraded mys system, I got the drives mixed up?

I guess what I should do, is try them all until one works.