Ati and nvidia on the same mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincrash

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
It was suggested that I can run two different gpus on my mobo to be able to watch videos on one monitor and game on the other to prevent fps loss. I have googled this but it seems I get answers that are over 2 years or older and some contridict each other.

I have an 8800gt laying around collecting dust and and 5750 installed in my gaming rig. Is it possible to install the nvidia card along with the ati card in windows 7 and connect the different monitors to the different cards. Not using sli of course. My mobo suppports crossfire but only with 4x and wanted to know if what I am asking is possible before spending money on a new video card, when I possibly don't have too.

Thanks for the help with this.

Solution
probabily yes, you can do, just make sure your psu can handle both video cards.

what you can think of also, is dedicating the 8800gt for Physx you can just plug it in the psi-e slot, without sli-crossfire bridge, and set is as physx calculation card.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
probabily yes, you can do, just make sure your psu can handle both video cards.

what you can think of also, is dedicating the 8800gt for Physx you can just plug it in the psi-e slot, without sli-crossfire bridge, and set is as physx calculation card.

Solution

captaincrash

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
I have a 700w psu atm, I do have an open power plug for a second video card. Not sure how to set up physx calculation card, but I will goggle that in a bit. thanks for your help in this matter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.