MMFQ DEATH

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Hello,

Currently I have a Reference GTX 550 Ti running on an ASRock P67 Pro3 SE and I'm looking to upgrade both. I want to upgrade the GTX 550 Ti to an ASUS GTX 560 and upgrade the ASRock P67 Pro3 SE to an ASRock P67 Extreme4. What are some of the Real-World performance increases I should expect? Also, I'm looking at a 32 GB Kingston SSD Now SSD. Is it any good?

My Overall Specs are:

Intel i7-2600K @ 3.4 GHz
Nvidia GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 (Reference)
ASRock P67 Pro3 SE
CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
ThermalTake TR2 600W PSU
Seagate Caviar Green 2TB HDD (I know it's trash)

Also if you guys could explain why sometime when I look in certain directions in Skyrim I get 60 FPS and other places I get frame drops to about 6 FPS?

Last thing is I am very biased towards AMD Cards vs. Nvidia Cards, so if you guys could please not suggest anything using them that would be great. =D

I want to upgrade the GTX 550 Ti to an ASUS GTX 560
you can look the at the review. if the performance upgrade are satisfying enough for you then go for it if not look something better.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/palit-geforce-gtx-560-sonic-platinum-review/15

ASRock P67 Pro3 SE to an ASRock P67 Extreme4

changing mobo will not give you better performance. did you have specific feature you need from the mobo?

Also, I'm looking at a 32 GB Kingston SSD

i never used SSD before so i can't say what is the real benefit of SSD in games other than fast loading times

Also if you guys could explain why sometime when I look in certain directions in Skyrim I get 60 FPS and other places I get frame drops to about 6 FPS?

it depends on the scene. most likely you got high frame rates when indoors. when you go outside there are more things to render and more effects to be calculated by the gpu which result in lower frame rates.

MMFQ DEATH

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

I don't know how to quote things so...
Anyway I saw the new Cards are coming out and I was thinking of waiting but, Performance is a huge thing to me so I want the most bang for my buck. Also, I specified the Reference design because it costs $200 and the ASUS GTX 560 costs $200. The Mobo I needed mainly for some of the extra PCI and PCI-e Slots and the SATA connectors. I mainly want the SSD for my System Drive. And as far as Skyrim goes. That's the thing, the Frame Drops are ALWAYS in a cave or a house. Outside I get a steady 30 FPS.

Anyway I saw the new Cards are coming out and I was thinking of waiting but, Performance is a huge thing to me so I want the most bang for my buck

new geforce line up expected to come out around april time frame so if you think you can wait until then, then wait for it. i've heard some funny rumor about the next line of geforce midrange will be able to compete with 7950 or even 7970 with 299 price tag :p

And as far as Skyrim goes. That's the thing, the Frame Drops are ALWAYS in a cave or a house. Outside I get a steady 30 FPS.

what is your current driver? have you tried latest beta driver for geforce cards? make sure you have the latest patch for the game as well. the game itself was known to have various bugs. still remember when the first patch goes live some user reporting about dragon moving backward :D

TRENDING THREADS