Need advice gaming pc 1500-1700$

Approximate Purchase Date: This week

Budget Range: 1500-1700$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing internet

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, Hdd

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Country: Spain

Parts Preferences: Intel cpu, assrock mobo

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: ill wait to ivy bridge, price is not an issue


This is what i looking for :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072&Tpk=i5%202500k
i5 2500k
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293
asrock z77 extreme 4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139010
corsair carbide 500 r
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148442
crucial m4 128Gb
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102963
Sapphire hd 7950 oc version
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139015&Tpk=corsair%20ax850
Corsair ax850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220558
patriot 1600 2x4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018&Tpk=noctua%20dh-14
noctua dh-14


Any advice? thanks :P
16 answers Last reply
More about need advice gaming 1500 1700
  1. can any1 say something plz? any change?
  2. It's a great build! Nothing to change.
  3. Ok ;D thanks!
  4. I see you are recycling your HDD, which HDD would you be using. This looks really good, but i do not think the 850w psu is necessary unless you are planning on a crossfire of the 7950 later on.
  5. i have 1Tb Seagate sata 3, and yes i will crossfire this. 1 question, can i handle good fps in bf3 with this gpu? ty for the suggestions
  6. nice to know =D thank u
  7. no problem! everything looks excellent!
  8. Few minor tweaks - This will give you substantially better performance for $1,696:

    Case - $ 125 - Corsair 500R White http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139010
    PSU - $ 165 - Corsair HX850 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139022
    MoBo - $ 385 - ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 Combo http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.882401
    10% off Mobo ($18) w/ promo code ASUS419425, limited offer
    CPU - inc - Intel Core i7-2500K Included w/ above
    Cooler - $ 90 - Phanteks PH-TC14PE http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709001
    TIM - $ 5 - Shin Etsu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835150080
    RAM - $ 54 - (2 x 4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233199
    GFX - $ 500 - Asus GTX 680 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121425
    GFX - Later - Same
    HD - $ 90 - Segate Barracuda 1TB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840
    SSD - $ 140 - Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120 GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226318
    DVD Writer - $ 58 - Asus Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135247
    OS - $ 100 - Win 7-64 Home Premium OEM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

    -33% performance increase to 989 fps versus 746 fps from GPU switch (Guru3D Game Test Suite)

    -Why get Z77 MoBo w/o waiting 7 days for Ivy Bridge CPU ? Why not wait a week and get the ASUS P8Z77-V w/ i5-3570K for what's been reported to be a CPU at roughly same price as 2500k

    If price is not an option, I love the new Sabertooth (5 year warranty) .... so does the reviewers

    http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/04/20/asus_sabertooth_z77_lga_1155_motherboard_review/7

    -SSD above is 2 tiers above the M4 (21% faster) and has high endurance toshiba toggle flash and is $20 cheaper to boot.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-review-benchmark,3139-6.html

    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4328/mushkin_chronos_deluxe_120gb_solid_state_drive_review/index13.html

    Quote:
    To sum it all up with a bow on top, [with the Mushkin Chronos Deluxe] you get amazing performance, extremely long service life and a hassle free low price point on a drive that literally has very little competition in the marketplace.


    -Cooler - Phanteks tops and is prettier than the Noc :) ... and its cheaper to boot
    http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/phanteks_ph_tc14pe_cpu_cooler_review,14.html

    -RAM - I went with has lower voltage so will help it and ya CPU which controls it run cooler ... color also matches ya case :)

    -PSU above is $25 cheaper and is a better performance rating

    HX850 gets a 10.0 performance rating for $165
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=153

    AX850 gets a 9.5 performance rating for $190
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=197
  9. What's the difference between the deluxe and non-deluxe?
  10. I'm waiting to ivy bridge - Additional Comments: ill wait to ivy bridge, price is not an issue ^_^
    i'll get i5 3570k with asrock extreme4. So i change my psu to hx850, ram to 1.5 V and i want that noctua but thanks. The 680 is too expensive here in spain.. its about 650$ so i think 7950oc is better for the money.
  11. azeem40 said:
    What's the difference between the deluxe and non-deluxe?


    The Chronos Deluxe model uses premium 3Xnm Toshiba Toggle Mode Flash. There are very few companies offering SSDs with Toshiba Toggle flash.

    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4328/mushkin_chronos_deluxe_120gb_solid_state_drive_review/index2.html

    Quote:
    There are two important factors to keep in mind about the Muskin Chronos Deluxe. The first has to do with the flash used; 3Xnm Toshiba Toggle Mode NAND. This flash has a much longer lifespan than the 25nm IMFT flash that resides in many of today's SandForce SF-2281 controlled products.
  12. JackNaylorPE said:
    Few minor tweaks - This will give you substantially better performance for $1,696:

    Case - $ 125 - Corsair 500R White http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139010
    PSU - $ 165 - Corsair HX850 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139022
    MoBo - $ 385 - ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 Combo http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.882401
    10% off Mobo ($18) w/ promo code ASUS419425, limited offer
    CPU - inc - Intel Core i7-2500K Included w/ above
    Cooler - $ 90 - Phanteks PH-TC14PE http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709001
    TIM - $ 5 - Shin Etsu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835150080
    RAM - $ 54 - (2 x 4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233199
    GFX - $ 500 - Asus GTX 680 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121425
    GFX - Later - Same
    HD - $ 90 - Segate Barracuda 1TB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840
    SSD - $ 140 - Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120 GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226318
    DVD Writer - $ 58 - Asus Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135247
    OS - $ 100 - Win 7-64 Home Premium OEM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

    -33% performance increase to 989 fps versus 746 fps from GPU switch (Guru3D Game Test Suite)

    -Why get Z77 MoBo w/o waiting 7 days for Ivy Bridge CPU ? Why not wait a week and get the ASUS P8Z77-V w/ i5-3570K for what's been reported to be a CPU at roughly same price as 2500k

    -SSD above is 2 tiers above the M4 (21% faster) and has high endurance toshiba toggle flash and is $20 cheaper to boot.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-review-benchmark,3139-6.html

    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4328/mushkin_chronos_deluxe_120gb_solid_state_drive_review/index13.html

    Quote:
    To sum it all up with a bow on top, [with the Mushkin Chronos Deluxe] you get amazing performance, extremely long service life and a hassle free low price point on a drive that literally has very little competition in the marketplace.


    -Cooler - Phanteks tops and is prettier than the Noc :) ... and its cheaper to boot
    http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/phanteks_ph_tc14pe_cpu_cooler_review,14.html

    -RAM - I went with has lower voltage so will help it and ya CPU which controls it run cooler ... color also matches ya case :)

    -PSU above is $25 cheaper and is a better performance rating

    HX850 gets a 10.0 performance rating for $165
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=153

    AX850 gets a 9.5 performance rating for $190
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=197



    Did you even read the entire OP?....he said he'd wait for Ivy...
    That HX850 would never rate higher than the AX850 if compared side by side....that HX review is from 2009 against 2009 hardware.....you completely took it out of context.
    The phanteks and Noctua are pretty much par performance wise....some reviews favor one over the other. But it is never quite clear.
    That motherboard is not worth the price over the Asrock....but that's my opinion....it won't bring him $200+ worth of added performance over the ASROCK....
    The Chronos was a good suggestion.
    The gtx 680 was a good suggestion.
  13. krugorz said:
    i'll get i5 3570k with asrock extreme4. So i change my psu to hx850, ram to 1.5 V and i want that noctua but thanks. The 680 is too expensive here in spain.. its about 650$ so i think 7950oc is better for the money.


    Good move on the IB, I don't expect much performance increase but the efficiency is worth waiting for.

    Read the Z77 Sabertooth reviews.....Thermal Armor provides as much as 8C temp drop which may be worthwhile to you if your area of Spain is subject to warm summers.

    http://www.kitguru.net/components/motherboard/zardon/asus-sabertooth-z77-motherboard-review-with-oc-gtx680/22/

    Quote:
    In a nutshell, the Sabertooth Z77 never crashed, regardless of whether I had the active fans installed or the Thermal Armor removed. Temperatures of the VRM’s reduced by around 8c with both fans operating,


    Yes, those that are selling the 680 now here in US are demanding $650 too for what they have left in stock .... I expect that to drop back to $500 when reputable dealers resupply.
  14. ismaeljrp said:
    Did you even read the entire OP??....he said he'd wait for Ivy...\


    yes I was reinforcing the point :)

    Quote:
    That motherboard is not worth the price over the Asrock....but that's my opinion....it won't bring him $200+ worth of added performance over the ASROCK....


    I get t throw ya own quote back at ya now ...."Did you even read the post ?"

    That price is a combo ....it includes the MoBo and the CPU.

    My MoBo and CPu = $385
    His MoBo and CPU = $220 + $135 = $355

    So we talking a $30 difference, not $200 ... and yes I'd say well worth it.

    Quote:
    That HX850 would never rate higher than the AX850 if compared side by side....that HX review is from 2009 against 2009 hardware.....you completely took it out of context.


    Not at all, read the review.......when buying a PSU, my two most important criteria are voltage stability (what's the swing range above standard on each rail) and ripple, both of which are better on the HX850 than they were on the AX850...in fact only 2 PSU's had better ripple than the HX850 and they are the only two that I have used more often than the HX850 and they are the Delta made CP-850 and SG-850 from Antec.

    Gotta give the AX points for efficiency where it is significantly better than the HX .series... but I'm much less concerned about my electricity usage than I am with voltage stability and ripple.

    Quote:
    The phanteks and Noctua are pretty much par performance wise....some reviews favor one over the other. But it is never quite clear.


    Most of the ones I see favoring the Noc are using an LGA775 platform in their test rig...... as different platforms have different heat signatures, they will produce different performance results and therefore I tend to favor tests on more modern CPU platforms.

    Setting that aside for the moment, if they are in fact trading wins on the thermal performance front, then we have to look at other factors. If we call thermal performance a draw, we still have 3 wins for the Phanteks:

    -Thermal performance let's call a draw
    -Weight is a draw (1240 vs 1250g is too small @ < 1 %)
    -Acoustics is a draw
    -Price favors Phanteks, albeit a small advantage (7%)
    -Warranty favorsPhateks (5 years for the Phanteks, just 1 for the Noc) so a big win here
    -Aesthetics certainly favors Phanteks. From the preceding link.

    Quote:
    In terms of aesthetics, Phanteks are onto another winning feature. The cooler is unique in that it comes in a selection of colours to please a wider audience and to match a range of components. There is no doubt that Phanteks were hoping to avoid the negativity that Noctua faces daily regarding their somewhat risqué choice of colour. Our red PH-TC14PE complimented my own Rampage III Extreme very well. Colour scheme aside, there is a lot to like about the dual radiator design, its engraved top aluminium plate and the octagonal fans.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems Product