Destroy All Humans

jlc

WOW! I just got done checking out the demo for "Destroy All Humans" which is
on the OXM #45 Disc. Man this game looks amazing! And I was thinking I was
playing HL2 for a minute because of the cool way the alien guy can pick
stuff up and toss it around, much like the gravity gun in HL2. I'm really
amazed that this game is running on my Xbox! It looks better then just about
anything else I've seen on the Box so far. The demo is way to short. I was
having a blast and then it was over. Like to hear feedback from others that
have played this.
I had a great time picking up tractors and dropping them on the farm hands!
What was really cool was the way fire works in the game. I tossed a car,
which caught fire. The fire grew, and then the car exploded leaving a
charred car frame that was still burning. Very realistic looking. Same goes
for blowing up houses. Light them on fire and sit back and watch them burn
down. This is a game I'm really look forward to getting. JLC

It was my favorite game from last years E3.

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
> WOW! I just got done checking out the demo for "Destroy All Humans" which
is
> on the OXM #45 Disc. Man this game looks amazing! And I was thinking I was
> playing HL2 for a minute because of the cool way the alien guy can pick
> stuff up and toss it around, much like the gravity gun in HL2. I'm really
> amazed that this game is running on my Xbox! It looks better then just
about
> anything else I've seen on the Box so far. The demo is way to short. I was
> having a blast and then it was over. Like to hear feedback from others
that
> have played this.
> I had a great time picking up tractors and dropping them on the farm
hands!
> What was really cool was the way fire works in the game. I tossed a car,
> which caught fire. The fire grew, and then the car exploded leaving a
> charred car frame that was still burning. Very realistic looking. Same
goes
> for blowing up houses. Light them on fire and sit back and watch them burn
> down. This is a game I'm really look forward to getting. JLC

Oh yeah, this one is going to be great! I'm really looking forward to this
one and Stubbs The Zombie!

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
> WOW! I just got done checking out the demo for "Destroy All Humans" which
> is on the OXM #45 Disc. Man this game looks amazing! And I was thinking I
> was playing HL2 for a minute because of the cool way the alien guy can
> pick stuff up and toss it around, much like the gravity gun in HL2. I'm
> really amazed that this game is running on my Xbox! It looks better then
> just about anything else I've seen on the Box so far. The demo is way to
> short. I was having a blast and then it was over. Like to hear feedback
> from others that have played this.
> I had a great time picking up tractors and dropping them on the farm
> hands! What was really cool was the way fire works in the game. I tossed a
> car, which caught fire. The fire grew, and then the car exploded leaving a
> charred car frame that was still burning. Very realistic looking. Same
> goes for blowing up houses. Light them on fire and sit back and watch them
> burn down. This is a game I'm really look forward to getting. JLC

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
> WOW! I just got done checking out the demo for "Destroy All Humans" which
is
> on the OXM #45 Disc. Man this game looks amazing! And I was thinking I was
> playing HL2 for a minute because of the cool way the alien guy can pick
> stuff up and toss it around, much like the gravity gun in HL2. I'm really
> amazed that this game is running on my Xbox! It looks better then just
about
> anything else I've seen on the Box so far. The demo is way to short. I was
> having a blast and then it was over. Like to hear feedback from others
that
> have played this.
> I had a great time picking up tractors and dropping them on the farm
hands!
> What was really cool was the way fire works in the game. I tossed a car,
> which caught fire. The fire grew, and then the car exploded leaving a
> charred car frame that was still burning. Very realistic looking. Same
goes
> for blowing up houses. Light them on fire and sit back and watch them burn
> down. This is a game I'm really look forward to getting. JLC

This is the demo I've spent the most time with since I got my OXM
subscription and the only demo I've played through more than once even with
the non-inverted Y axis (which drives me nuts in games). Top notch graphics,
smooth gameplay, intuitive controls, great humor, a nice open environment to
play in (I was amazed at how far you can wander around in the demo) and the
rag-doll physics when playing with your telekinesis is tons of fun. If they
wrap a decent story line around this and manage to keep the gameplay fresh
as you progress by giving out new powers at a good rate, I think they may
have a real hit on their hands.

Any news if this game will be playable online?, I could see this game being
TONS of fun online with an arena style deathmatch system..... or even going
through the game in co-op play would be great..... hrm..... bonus points for
launching two cows at each other and making them collide in the air? ;o)

definetly looking forward to this one.

jlc

"Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d6vblq$lq3$1@dns3.cae.ca...
> This is the demo I've spent the most time with since I got my OXM
> subscription and the only demo I've played through more than once even
> with
> the non-inverted Y axis (which drives me nuts in games). Top notch
> graphics,
> smooth gameplay, intuitive controls, great humor, a nice open environment
> play in (I was amazed at how far you can wander around in the demo) and
> the
> rag-doll physics when playing with your telekinesis is tons of fun. If
> they
> wrap a decent story line around this and manage to keep the gameplay fresh
> as you progress by giving out new powers at a good rate, I think they may
> have a real hit on their hands.
>
> Any news if this game will be playable online?, I could see this game
> being
> TONS of fun online with an arena style deathmatch system..... or even
> going
> through the game in co-op play would be great..... hrm..... bonus points
> for
> launching two cows at each other and making them collide in the air? ;o)
>
> definetly looking forward to this one.

I disliked the Y axis also, drive me nuts. Another thing I found strange is
you can move objects around much easer with the right stick, but it's really
hard to pull off. I'm really impressed with just how great the game looks.
And it seems to have a lot of polish. Did you try and find all the probes?
There's 10 of them I think and I only found 5 then the demo stopped on me
for no reason. This is going to be a great game if they pull off a good
story to go with it. JLC

> "Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d6vblq$lq3$1@dns3.cae.ca...
> > This is the demo I've spent the most time with since I got my OXM
> > subscription and the only demo I've played through more than once even
> > with
> > the non-inverted Y axis (which drives me nuts in games). Top notch
> > graphics,
> > smooth gameplay, intuitive controls, great humor, a nice open
environment
> > play in (I was amazed at how far you can wander around in the demo) and
> > the
> > rag-doll physics when playing with your telekinesis is tons of fun. If
> > they
> > wrap a decent story line around this and manage to keep the gameplay
fresh
> > as you progress by giving out new powers at a good rate, I think they
may
> > have a real hit on their hands.
> >
> > Any news if this game will be playable online?, I could see this game
> > being
> > TONS of fun online with an arena style deathmatch system..... or even
> > going
> > through the game in co-op play would be great..... hrm..... bonus points
> > for
> > launching two cows at each other and making them collide in the air? ;o)
> >
> > definetly looking forward to this one.
> >

> I disliked the Y axis also, drive me nuts. Another thing I found strange
is
> you can move objects around much easer with the right stick, but it's
really
> hard to pull off. I'm really impressed with just how great the game looks.
> And it seems to have a lot of polish. Did you try and find all the probes?
> There's 10 of them I think and I only found 5 then the demo stopped on me
> for no reason. This is going to be a great game if they pull off a good
> story to go with it. JLC

The only thing I didn't like (apart from the Y axis which im sure will be
fixed for the final release) was once you got your TK push ability mapped to
the Y button, I couldn't use that button anymore to raise my victims into
the air and couldn't really figure out how to do that again as pushing
forward / back move the target away / towards you.

Having said that, I tried to find all the probes and also only found around
4 to 6 before the game booted me out. After screwing around the main farm
and finishing all my objectives, I decided to move away from my spaceship in
a straight line to see how far I could go, I found other buildings, another
farm, a field full of tractors and bales of hay I could screw around with, I
was really impressed at how much you could do and I'm very excited about the
apparent open'ness of this game.

How about the Lego Star Wars game?, me and my neighbor played through that
in co-op and I found it to be the closest thing to Gauntlet since....
well.... Gauntlet. Had a complete blast with this one as well, even the star
wars licence didn't ruin it for me (oh how I abhor Lucas and all things star
wars). Overall I'd say this is the best demo disk since I started my
subscription :)

Wurm

jlc

"Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d71tjr$eh0$1@dns3.cae.ca...

> [...]
> and finishing all my objectives, I decided to move away from my spaceship
> in
> a straight line to see how far I could go, I found other buildings,
> another
> farm, a field full of tractors and bales of hay I could screw around with,
> was really impressed at how much you could do and I'm very excited about
> the
> apparent open'ness of this game.
>
> How about the Lego Star Wars game?, me and my neighbor played through that
> in co-op and I found it to be the closest thing to Gauntlet since....
> well.... Gauntlet. Had a complete blast with this one as well, even the
> star
> wars licence didn't ruin it for me (oh how I abhor Lucas and all things
> star
> wars). Overall I'd say this is the best demo disk since I started my

I did the same thing. I roamed around and found a lot of other stuff to mess
with. I found a farm woman hiding by her house, and I just had to pull out
her brain! Man that's fun!
I went to see Episode III yesterday and before the movie they had a long
commercial for the game. It was cool seeing it on a huge screen.
I you haven't seen the Episode III yet you need to go. IMHO it's the best
one since the first one. If only the last two could have been this good. It
was so strange to be sitting there watching the movie and then realizing
that this was it. SW has been a part of my life since I was a teenager and
now it's over. I'm still feeling bummed about it. Damn Episode III was so
amazingly good. JLC

> I went to see Episode III yesterday and before the movie they had a long
> commercial for the game. It was cool seeing it on a huge screen.
> I you haven't seen the Episode III yet you need to go. IMHO it's the best
> one since the first one. If only the last two could have been this good.
It
> was so strange to be sitting there watching the movie and then realizing
> that this was it. SW has been a part of my life since I was a teenager and
> now it's over. I'm still feeling bummed about it. Damn Episode III was so
> amazingly good. JLC

I can't wait to see the new Star Wars movie...I usually get Mondays off, so
I hope to see it then!