Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to arrange buttons on Task Barf

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 9:01:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I would like to be able to rearrange the window buttons that appear on
my Task Bar when I have an application open. For example, i would like
to be able to drag them into a certain order. Can this be done?

I'm not talking about the Quick Launch tool bar or the system tray.

--
Norm
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 11:06:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

No that is not possible. The first button appears on the left-most part, and the successive buttons
occupy spaces on the right. This arrangement cannot be modified.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect


"NoMoreMrNiceGuy" <pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:%23Sf$4rczEHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I would like to be able to rearrange the window buttons that appear on my Task Bar when I have an
>application open. For example, i would like to be able to drag them into a certain order. Can
>this be done?
>
> I'm not talking about the Quick Launch tool bar or the system tray.
>
> --
> Norm
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 2:18:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:01:49 -0600, NoMoreMrNiceGuy
<pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I would like to be able to rearrange the window buttons that appear on
>my Task Bar when I have an application open. For example, i would like
>to be able to drag them into a certain order. Can this be done?
>
>I'm not talking about the Quick Launch tool bar or the system tray.


Taskbar Commander from:-

http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/TaskbarCommander/



--
The Aussie Bomber
Carn The Dons!!
Related resources
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 2:28:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:18:27 +1100, Aussie Bomber
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:01:49 -0600, NoMoreMrNiceGuy
><pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I would like to be able to rearrange the window buttons that appear on
>>my Task Bar when I have an application open. For example, i would like
>>to be able to drag them into a certain order. Can this be done?
>>
>>I'm not talking about the Quick Launch tool bar or the system tray.
>
>
>Taskbar Commander from:-
>
>http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/TaskbarCommander/


P.S. That one is not free. The freeware one I was really thinking of
is here:-

http://www.mlin.net/files/TaskbarCommander.zip
--
The Aussie Bomber
Carn The Dons!!
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 2:28:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Aussie Bomber wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:18:27 +1100, Aussie Bomber
> <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>
>>On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:01:49 -0600, NoMoreMrNiceGuy
>><pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I would like to be able to rearrange the window buttons that appear on
>>>my Task Bar when I have an application open. For example, i would like
>>>to be able to drag them into a certain order. Can this be done?
>>>
>>>I'm not talking about the Quick Launch tool bar or the system tray.
>>
>>
>>Taskbar Commander from:-
>>
>>http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/TaskbarCommander/
>
>
>
> P.S. That one is not free. The freeware one I was really thinking of
> is here:-
>
> http://www.mlin.net/files/TaskbarCommander.zip


That's great. I already have some Lin's incredibly useful utilities.
Doesn't let me drag the buttons but the next best thing... Thanks!

--
Norm
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 4:40:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:48:13 -0600, NoMoreMrNiceGuy
<pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>Taskbar Commander from:-
>>>
>>>http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/TaskbarCommander/
>>
>>
>>
>> P.S. That one is not free. The freeware one I was really thinking of
>> is here:-
>>
>> http://www.mlin.net/files/TaskbarCommander.zip
>
>
>That's great. I already have some Lin's incredibly useful utilities.
>Doesn't let me drag the buttons but the next best thing... Thanks!


Mmmm - I gave up using the Lin's one a while back and now having
retried it following your psot I remember why. When I rearrange the
tasks it sometimes creates a duplicate of one or more of the items in
the task bar - the second one non-functional :-(

Have you found this?

So I tried the first one I mentioned and it seems excellent - the
favourites pop back in to their predetermined places after having been
closed then reopened. Pity it's not free :-(


--
The Aussie Bomber
Carn The Dons!!
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 4:40:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Aussie Bomber wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:48:13 -0600, NoMoreMrNiceGuy
> <pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>>>>Taskbar Commander from:-
>>>>
>>>>http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/TaskbarCommander/
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>P.S. That one is not free. The freeware one I was really thinking of
>>>is here:-
>>>
>>>http://www.mlin.net/files/TaskbarCommander.zip
>>
>>
>>That's great. I already have some Lin's incredibly useful utilities.
>>Doesn't let me drag the buttons but the next best thing... Thanks!
>
>
>
> Mmmm - I gave up using the Lin's one a while back and now having
> retried it following your psot I remember why. When I rearrange the
> tasks it sometimes creates a duplicate of one or more of the items in
> the task bar - the second one non-functional :-(
>
> Have you found this?
>
> So I tried the first one I mentioned and it seems excellent - the
> favourites pop back in to their predetermined places after having been
> closed then reopened. Pity it's not free :-(
>
>

No, I didn't experience that. So far so good.

--
Norm
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 4:44:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:40:50 +1100, Aussie Bomber
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:


>Mmmm - I gave up using the Lin's one a while back and now having
>retried it following your psot I remember why. When I rearrange the
>tasks it sometimes creates a duplicate of one or more of the items in
>the task bar - the second one non-functional :-(
>
>Have you found this?
>
>So I tried the first one I mentioned and it seems excellent - the
>favourites pop back in to their predetermined places after having been
>closed then reopened. Pity it's not free :-(


P.S. - I would really like a similar one for the Sys Tray!!! ;-)

--
The Aussie Bomber
Carn The Dons!!
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 8:12:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Aussie Bomber wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:48:13 -0600, NoMoreMrNiceGuy
> <pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>>>>Taskbar Commander from:-
>>>>
>>>>http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/TaskbarCommander/
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>P.S. That one is not free. The freeware one I was really thinking of
>>>is here:-
>>>
>>>http://www.mlin.net/files/TaskbarCommander.zip
>>
>>
>>That's great. I already have some Lin's incredibly useful utilities.
>>Doesn't let me drag the buttons but the next best thing... Thanks!
>
>
>
> Mmmm - I gave up using the Lin's one a while back and now having
> retried it following your psot I remember why. When I rearrange the
> tasks it sometimes creates a duplicate of one or more of the items in
> the task bar - the second one non-functional :-(
>
> Have you found this?
>
> So I tried the first one I mentioned and it seems excellent - the
> favourites pop back in to their predetermined places after having been
> closed then reopened. Pity it's not free :-(
>
>

Well, all good things must come to an end. I am now experiencing the
same thing you described above. Alas, I guess I'll give up on this utility.

--
Norm
!