How to arrange buttons on Task Barf

I would like to be able to rearrange the window buttons that appear on
my Task Bar when I have an application open. For example, i would like
to be able to drag them into a certain order. Can this be done?

I'm not talking about the Quick Launch tool bar or the system tray.

--
Norm
8 answers Last reply

    No that is not possible. The first button appears on the left-most part, and the successive buttons
    occupy spaces on the right. This arrangement cannot be modified.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "NoMoreMrNiceGuy" <pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to be able to rearrange the window buttons that appear on my Task Bar when I have an
    >application open. For example, i would like to be able to drag them into a certain order. Can
    >this be done?
    >
    > I'm not talking about the Quick Launch tool bar or the system tray.
    >
    > --
    > Norm

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:01:49 -0600, NoMoreMrNiceGuy
    <pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I would like to be able to rearrange the window buttons that appear on
    >my Task Bar when I have an application open. For example, i would like
    >to be able to drag them into a certain order. Can this be done?
    >
    >I'm not talking about the Quick Launch tool bar or the system tray.

    Taskbar Commander from:-

    http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/TaskbarCommander/

    --
    The Aussie Bomber
    Carn The Dons!!

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:18:27 +1100, Aussie Bomber
    <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

    >On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:01:49 -0600, NoMoreMrNiceGuy
    ><pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I would like to be able to rearrange the window buttons that appear on
    >>my Task Bar when I have an application open. For example, i would like
    >>to be able to drag them into a certain order. Can this be done?
    >>
    >>I'm not talking about the Quick Launch tool bar or the system tray.
    >

    >Taskbar Commander from:-
    >
    >http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/TaskbarCommander/

    P.S. That one is not free. The freeware one I was really thinking of
    is here:-

    http://www.mlin.net/files/TaskbarCommander.zip
    --
    The Aussie Bomber
    Carn The Dons!!

    Aussie Bomber wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:18:27 +1100, Aussie Bomber
    > <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
    >

    >>On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:01:49 -0600, NoMoreMrNiceGuy
    >><pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I would like to be able to rearrange the window buttons that appear on
    >>>my Task Bar when I have an application open. For example, i would like
    >>>to be able to drag them into a certain order. Can this be done?
    >>>
    >>>I'm not talking about the Quick Launch tool bar or the system tray.
    >>

    >>Taskbar Commander from:-
    >>
    >>http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/TaskbarCommander/
    >

    > P.S. That one is not free. The freeware one I was really thinking of
    > is here:-
    >
    > http://www.mlin.net/files/TaskbarCommander.zip

    That's great. I already have some Lin's incredibly useful utilities.
    Doesn't let me drag the buttons but the next best thing... Thanks!

    --
    Norm

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:48:13 -0600, NoMoreMrNiceGuy
    <pocobuenoguyREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >>>Taskbar Commander from:-
    >>>
    >>>http://www.onlinetoolsteam.com/TaskbarCommander/
    >>

    >> P.S. That one is not free. The freeware one I was really thinking of
    >> is here:-
    >>
    >> http://www.mlin.net/files/TaskbarCommander.zip
    >

    >That's great. I already have some Lin's incredibly useful utilities.
    >Doesn't let me drag the buttons but the next best thing... Thanks!

    Mmmm - I gave up using the Lin's one a while back and now having
    retried it following your psot I remember why. When I rearrange the
    tasks it sometimes creates a duplicate of one or more of the items in
    the task bar - the second one non-functional :-(

    Have you found this?

    So I tried the first one I mentioned and it seems excellent - the
    favourites pop back in to their predetermined places after having been
    closed then reopened. Pity it's not free :-(

    --
    The Aussie Bomber
    Carn The Dons!!

    Aussie Bomber wrote:

    >>>P.S. That one is not free. The freeware one I was really thinking of
    >>>is here:-
    >>>
    >>>http://www.mlin.net/files/TaskbarCommander.zip
    >>

    >>That's great. I already have some Lin's incredibly useful utilities.
    >>Doesn't let me drag the buttons but the next best thing... Thanks!
    >

    > Mmmm - I gave up using the Lin's one a while back and now having
    > retried it following your psot I remember why. When I rearrange the
    > tasks it sometimes creates a duplicate of one or more of the items in
    > the task bar - the second one non-functional :-(
    >
    > Have you found this?
    >
    > So I tried the first one I mentioned and it seems excellent - the
    > favourites pop back in to their predetermined places after having been
    > closed then reopened. Pity it's not free :-(

    No, I didn't experience that. So far so good.

    --
    Norm

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:40:50 +1100, Aussie Bomber
    <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

    >Mmmm - I gave up using the Lin's one a while back and now having
    >retried it following your psot I remember why. When I rearrange the
    >tasks it sometimes creates a duplicate of one or more of the items in
    >the task bar - the second one non-functional :-(
    >
    >Have you found this?
    >
    >So I tried the first one I mentioned and it seems excellent - the
    >favourites pop back in to their predetermined places after having been
    >closed then reopened. Pity it's not free :-(

    P.S. - I would really like a similar one for the Sys Tray!!! ;-)

    --
    The Aussie Bomber
    Carn The Dons!!

    Aussie Bomber wrote:

    >>>P.S. That one is not free. The freeware one I was really thinking of
    >>>is here:-
    >>>
    >>>http://www.mlin.net/files/TaskbarCommander.zip
    >>

    >>That's great. I already have some Lin's incredibly useful utilities.
    >>Doesn't let me drag the buttons but the next best thing... Thanks!
    >

    > Mmmm - I gave up using the Lin's one a while back and now having
    > retried it following your psot I remember why. When I rearrange the
    > tasks it sometimes creates a duplicate of one or more of the items in
    > the task bar - the second one non-functional :-(
    >
    > Have you found this?
    >
    > So I tried the first one I mentioned and it seems excellent - the
    > favourites pop back in to their predetermined places after having been
    > closed then reopened. Pity it's not free :-(

    Well, all good things must come to an end. I am now experiencing the
    same thing you described above. Alas, I guess I'll give up on this utility.

    --
    Norm

Configuration Customization Windows XP