I only play Team Fortress 2, what should I downgrade to from 6770 ?

tracker45

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Im thinking of selling the 6770 for 65 pounds and getting a 6450 for 20 pounds

Is this a worthy downgrade considering I only play TF2 and counter strike ?

May be a tad short sighted... who knows what you may want to be playing tomorrow?

Its a hard question for us to answer... only you know what £45 is worth to you... for me - i'd stick with the 6770.

Good luck - whichever way you go.

xtremcarl

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Unless you really need the money I wouldn't downgrade. You can never know that you won't need the better card for a game you might play in the future. Personally it seems silly to downgrade components as the downgrade almost never justifies the slight profit made.

4745454b

Titan
HUGE TF2 player here.

I was able to play this game maxed on an old 8800GS. (minus AA/AF due to the small ram buffer.) If all you care about is TF2 and dont' want to keep your card for any new games then anything around that should be fine. 9600GT, GT240, 5670/6670, etc. I'd be careful going any smaller then this as you might get into trouble later with new games you might care about.

viktorbkk

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
You will only regret this later. 6770 is a decent card with low energy consumption. If you were rolling some watt-hungry powerhouse, it could make sense, but you don't.

G

I'd keep it as well. Besides, with all the hats and other useless junk Valve keeps on throwing in the game, you never know when TF2 is going to lag. I've seen people with high end machines having FPS problems even though much newer games with higher requirements go smoothly.

JordanfromNZ

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Keep it. You never know what games are around the corner, and the 6770 is one of those cards that can comfortably play pretty much all console ports at 1680x1050 with decent-ish frame rates.

Is it really worth that slight profit gain? Got to ask yourself that question, but as above, it seems a bit short sighted.