• Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Configuration
  • Cooling
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
August 5, 2012 12:25:37 PM

I'm looking for a new case, where I can apply the Push+Pull configuration on my Corsair H100 cooler. I also want fans in the left side, to cool my GPU's better.

My build:

i7-3770k
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Corsair H100 liquid cooling
16GB G.skill ripjawsz 2133Mhz 4-kit
Corsair force 3 240GB SSD
1 random 500GB HDD (Don't know the specs)
2x Palit Jetstream GTX 680 4GB in SLI
Asus Xonar D2X
XFX 1050W Black Edition PSU

This needs to fit inside the case, with optimal cooling.

I'm looking for:
- Big case! (midi is too small for 2 GTX 680, IMO)
- Side panel cooling (at least 1 or more fans in the side)
- Room for Push/Radiator/Pull configuration at the top of the case (Thickness of 3 fans I think)
- Prefer the colour blue, since my current case has blue fans, and then I can use the previous fans.
- I also prefer case with quiet build-in fans.
- Budget limmited to <€150 (I'm dutch, so I buy things in Euro's)

I personally like the cyborg, transformer looking cases, such as Aerocool x-predators, or Zalman Z11 plus, with I currently have. (My current case is too small to even only radiator/pull.. I demolished half my case to get it working)

I hope someone has some suggestions, just link the cases, with name or something. I'll look them up on dutch sites myself.

thanks in advance!

More about : case push pull h100

a b ) Power supply
August 5, 2012 6:12:07 PM

the CM 690 II advanced is supposed to support push/pull in the roof of the case
a c 246 ) Power supply
August 5, 2012 6:24:45 PM

Here is a link to a variety of pc cases for liquid cooling:

http://www.xoxide.com/watcoolcas.html

Just looking at the images I am sure some of the cases do not meet your requirements. Hopefully there are a few that are suitable and available in Europe.
Related resources
August 5, 2012 9:40:58 PM

@ nna2

Thanks for the advice, but I'm currently looking for a bigger case to fit my 2 GTX 680's. I think this is still a bit too small for the huge GPU's with their coolers, and cables.

@ JohnnyLucky

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant a case which supported enough space for my "Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling" it's a looped CPU cooler. It's like a normal CPU cooler, but with a water loop the the radiator, which can be located at the top of the case.

Corsair H100
a b ) Power supply
August 6, 2012 3:50:17 AM

kemperkipie said:
@ nna2

Thanks for the advice, but I'm currently looking for a bigger case to fit my 2 GTX 680's. I think this is still a bit too small for the huge GPU's with their coolers, and cables.

@ JohnnyLucky

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant a case which supported enough space for my "Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling" it's a looped CPU cooler. It's like a normal CPU cooler, but with a water loop the the radiator, which can be located at the top of the case.

Corsair H100

are they the "top" asus cards? coz it will fit 2 dual slot cards just fine
August 6, 2012 9:37:52 AM

nna2 said:
are they the "top" asus cards? coz it will fit 2 dual slot cards just fine

As mentioned before, it are 2 Palit Jetstream GTX 680 4GB's. They cover 2,5 PCIe slot. However I currently have a midi-case, which shares about the same GPU length as every other midi-case. This length is a bit to short, I can hardly cover the power cables. , it blocks too much air which should be blown between my cards. I want more length, to be able to cover up my cables, while keeping the best possible airflow.

I would love to send some pics of what I mean. but I don't know how to upload pics here. I seem to need to add an URL.. not just a file? If someone can explain that as well ;P

Thanks in advance

a b ) Power supply
August 6, 2012 4:19:06 PM

h100 has a really slim rad and i highly doubt you need push/pull.better just buy two high static pressure fans and stay happy.
will save ya both money and space ;) 
August 6, 2012 5:45:06 PM

hellfire24 said:
h100 has a really slim rad and i highly doubt you need push/pull.better just buy two high static pressure fans and stay happy.
will save ya both money and space ;) 

I currently have 2 Zalman ZM-F3BL on my radiator.

But they don't fit properly in my Zalman Z11 Plus case..
However, I don't think it will increase performance overall, because I'm using a i7-3770k where the heatspreader seems to be the bottleneck (according to some reviews). But still, if I want to upgrade my case, I would like to get Push+pull in case I upgrade my CPU in a couple of years. And the upgrade is also for my GPU's which are getting real hot now, and the Soundcard above it, gets hot as well.
a b ) Power supply
August 7, 2012 12:44:09 AM

so just get a bigger case with better airflow,add the 2 case fans on the case instead of h100.
August 7, 2012 7:20:29 PM

"Add 2 case fans instead of h100" ??

I don't get it. You want me to throw away my H100, and use.. stock cooler I guess, to use 2 fans? I guess not, but I can't make anything else out of your information.

Anyway, I just want a bigger case, which fits the Push+Pull for my H100, but these cases are pretty hard to find imo. Does anyone have suggestions?
a b ) Power supply
August 8, 2012 12:38:17 AM

^i said,use two fans on your h100 and use other two on your case for a better airflow.
h100 rad is pretty slim and you won't need 4 fans in push/pull.
August 8, 2012 9:18:26 AM

Oh, I see what you mean. But I understand it isn't nessecary, but won't the performance be better after all, and can I set the fans lower if I have Push+Pull? So I will have the same performance, with less noise, or something like that? I don't mind spending some money on this upgrade, but not more than 150 for the case.
August 9, 2012 10:00:28 AM

That's a very nice looking case. Do you perhaps know this one supports Push+Pull for the H100? And does the side fan cover the GPU's as well? I've seen the foto's of the fan positioned at the HDD's.. But personally I find HDD cooling a waste of fans..
August 22, 2012 12:12:34 PM

Does one of the Silverstone Raven series fit H100 Push+Pull? I like the idea of the turned motherboard. Are there any other cases which have that?
August 22, 2012 2:55:52 PM

Ah, I see. But does the "SilverStone Raven RV03B-W" support the Corsair H100 overall? Because it seems like it doesn't fit there at all :o , at the bottom there seems to be place for only 1 set of fans, even if I don't put GPU's in it, I can't attach it because there is an edge hanging over the screws or something.

Does anyone know if I can fit the H100 with fans attached (Only pull, or push config, whatever is better) in the case at all?

Also, which one will be better, push or pull?
a b ) Power supply
August 22, 2012 4:02:49 PM

kemperkipie said:
Ah, I see. But does the "SilverStone Raven RV03B-W" support the Corsair H100 overall? Because it seems like it doesn't fit there at all :o , at the bottom there seems to be place for only 1 set of fans, even if I don't put GPU's in it, I can't attach it because there is an edge hanging over the screws or something.

Does anyone know if I can fit the H100 with fans attached (Only pull, or push config, whatever is better) in the case at all?

Also, which one will be better, push or pull?

August 22, 2012 4:08:03 PM

Cool, it even fits Push+pull.. But it doesn't seem to be attached to anything? It just lays there?

Which specific case is this? SilverStone Raven RV03B-W?

Also, this noctua fans you see on picture 1.. Are they just levitating? :p 

But this case most likely fits all of my other components as well? Mobo with 2 GPU's taking 2,5 PCIe slot each. And the shitload of cables I have?
a b ) Power supply
August 22, 2012 5:15:33 PM

it fulfills almost every need.
August 22, 2012 7:09:31 PM

kemperkipie said:
Cool, it even fits Push+pull.. But it doesn't seem to be attached to anything? It just lays there?

Which specific case is this? SilverStone Raven RV03B-W?

Also, this noctua fans you see on picture 1.. Are they just levitating? :p 

But this case most likely fits all of my other components as well? Mobo with 2 GPU's taking 2,5 PCIe slot each. And the shitload of cables I have?

Hi, first of all I like to say the Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced edition is the best midi case so far, becuase of the space inside and the fantastique finition. if you really worry about the size of your graphic cards you can check on my built. I mount the h100 on top in the CM 690 ii like Mr nna2 mentioned before.

I recently upgrade my components, so here are the pictures

http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=30659
a b ) Power supply
August 23, 2012 9:22:18 AM

Hmmm, Sandstorm speakers from currys, look nice.
a b ) Power supply
August 23, 2012 9:22:24 AM

^beautiful build!
August 23, 2012 9:48:33 AM

Nice build!

May I ask you, how do I upload pictures to this forum, so I can show you my build at this moment, and show you what's bothering me. I wanted to upload, but I only seem to add them with a URL, how does that work?

I'm not sure how much bigger my cards are. But when I look at them, they just look insanely HUGE! everything is so annoyingly thight which causes bad airflow. When my GPU's are IDLE, like now (PC has been powered on for 4 hours, not done any game yet) my top GPU is 58 C, bottom gpu 49 C. I mean.. come on.. it's IDLE
a b ) Power supply
August 23, 2012 10:03:09 AM

You add after the URL if that makes sense like

I type for example.
August 23, 2012 11:38:31 AM

jay_nar2012 said:
You add after the URL if that makes sense like

I type for example.

Ok I get that, but how do I put an Image on an URL?? I have them on my desktop?!
a b ) Power supply
August 23, 2012 11:56:48 AM

upload them on any image hosting site,i prefer tinypic :) 
August 23, 2012 1:13:43 PM

Notice the cable mess around and behind the GPU's, luckily this case has cable management at the back, but I can hardly fit the sidepanel when I'm done with cablemanagement.
August 23, 2012 1:14:53 PM

I will make new pictures to show more fails, but these ones were already on my phone. Need to open up my case tonight.
August 23, 2012 1:32:43 PM

I'm glad the space at the CPU is free of cabling.. Only the water tubes are hanging over there. But the space between the 2 GPU's don't have any cooling. because the cabling + the HDD bay block almost all airflow there. And I don't have side-panel fans to cool them.. So that's why i'm looking for a new case now.. Don't bother the Push+Pull anymore, since you send me the link to cooling comparisons :p 

Anyway, the 90 degrees mobo cases are very interresting for me, since I have a Asus Xonar D2X above the 2 GPU's (Not yet visible on the images, I will upload them later). It gets very hot, because of the GPU's beneath it. If my MoBo is 90 degrees turned, I don't have to bother that anymore, and with the silverstone cases, the Air Penetrator fans will blast air between the cards (I really like the air penetrators). But I want to make sure the case is fully supported with my Mobo, the 2 huge GPU's + the soundcard. And of course the Corsair H100 (I prefer it attached somewhere with only pull, than laying it down randomly, with push+pull)

a b ) Power supply
August 23, 2012 3:08:17 PM

yeah raven is a great case IMHO and will cool your components very well.
August 23, 2012 4:09:15 PM

Raven RV03

It seems to fit in the HDD bay, I have 1 SSD, and 1 HDD for storage. Does someone know if I can fit my SSD and HDD somewhere else in the case I really like this idea!
a b ) Power supply
August 23, 2012 4:16:58 PM

how about trying this simple method-
August 23, 2012 4:48:11 PM

Is that the exact same case? Because I've seen some where the H100 would blast into the GPU's, which isn't my plan. But this one doesn't seem to have it though.

Do you personnally own this case? Or did you found this case?

I would like to know if drive bay is the only way to build drives in the case? Because the backplate seems to support some as wel. But I'm not sure

I don't have a CD/DVD drive, because I just don't need one. So I will only have 1 2,5" and 1 3,5" drive. It would be nice if I had 2 option to install my H100 :) 
August 23, 2012 5:55:37 PM

I've done some research.

The case you mentioned turned out to be the Raven RV02 instead of the Raven RV03 I was mentioning.

However, the Raven RV03 doesn't seem to be an option for me. The case support only up to 180mm PSU's, but my XFX 1050W Black Edition seems to be 190mm. That's just too much, and will never fit while cables are sticking out.

The other Raven's don't have USB 3.0. What I do want in my case, because I use 3.0 USB Sticks, and don't want to crawl behind my pc everytime :/ 

Are there any other 90 degree motherboard cases on the market? The Silverstone Fortress cases all seem to be too small for my huge cards and the H100
August 24, 2012 12:50:13 AM

kemperkipie said:
I've done some research.

The case you mentioned turned out to be the Raven RV02 instead of the Raven RV03 I was mentioning.

However, the Raven RV03 doesn't seem to be an option for me. The case support only up to 180mm PSU's, but my XFX 1050W Black Edition seems to be 190mm. That's just too much, and will never fit while cables are sticking out.

The other Raven's don't have USB 3.0. What I do want in my case, because I use 3.0 USB Sticks, and don't want to crawl behind my pc everytime :/ 

Are there any other 90 degree motherboard cases on the market? The Silverstone Fortress cases all seem to be too small for my huge cards and the H100

With <»= 150€ you can go for the Corsair Graphite 600T midi tower looks like a full tower, same as my case CM 690 II nVidia edition.

Or the Cooler Master HAF-X Full Gaming Spec Tower Case , it's a pretty nice case and you'll fit whatever you like
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Cooler-Master-HAF-X-Full-Gaming-....

There are too many cases out there for less than 150€ you can fit all your components and get everything cool.

What degree your graphic cards are when they are in full load?
August 24, 2012 12:53:28 AM

All the cases mentioned above have USB 3.0
August 24, 2012 7:03:53 AM

But they don't have the turned motherboards.. Is that Silverstone only?
a b ) Power supply
August 24, 2012 10:47:45 AM

turned motherboard is not a "must have" feature.
August 24, 2012 11:45:59 AM

But it is a very nice feature, which I would like to have. the reason my top GPU is more than 10 C hotter than my bottom GPU won't occur when my motherboard is turned. Also my Soundcard won't catch all the heat, that card doesn't even have active cooling, so he's just baking now :/ 
August 25, 2012 11:19:39 AM

Ok I've done some more research, and it seems the "Raven RV-2" has more versions. 1 of those versions actually support USB 3.0. So this case might actually be interesting for me.

But I would like to know all possible set-ups for my "Corsair H100" in that case. Hellfire24 already mentioned I can just lay it on the bottom of the case

Like this one.
But won't this blow my hot CPU air at my motherboard and other components?
Is this the only way to set it up? And will it be worth the money, and increase my cooling enough to stop worry about it?
a b ) Power supply
August 25, 2012 12:04:35 PM

this is the build of a toms member "recon-uk" and he never made any complaints about his setup.
note: he runs 2x 480s(heat monsters) without issues.
August 25, 2012 2:03:28 PM

Ok!
I think this is going to be my next case. I'm just going to send him a personal message if he would recommend it with my specific hardware. And then buy it. I will keep you guys up to date, and post pictures if / when i'm done.

Thanks very much for the help and support!

-Edit: How do I find him :p ? Does anyone have a link to a thread where he's in? thnx!
a b ) Power supply
August 25, 2012 5:01:54 PM

^i will do that for ya ;) 
a b ) Power supply
August 25, 2012 7:53:08 PM

^recon-uk? i heard he may no longer be active... im not 100% on that though
a b ) Power supply
August 26, 2012 5:01:28 AM

^oh! that's sad :/ 
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest