Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help, my computer is no longer fluid

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 5, 2012 12:36:30 PM

Hi guys,
my computer is no longer fluid ...
It isn't slow but dont work not properly...
If I try to play the rendering its strange...
Im running Windows , i tryed change Graphic Card, Hard disk without differences, please Help me!

More about : computer longer fluid

a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 12:43:15 PM

We need more details..EXACT system specs would be a good place to start, as well as what software you are having the issue with.

Welcome to Tom's!
August 5, 2012 1:22:50 PM

INTEL QUAD CORE Q6600
ASUS P5G41T-M LX
NVIDIA 520 GT
HDD SEAGATE 160 GIGA
4 GIGA RAM KINGSTON DDR3

thx for help
Related resources
a c 473 à CPUs
a c 358 U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 2:47:38 PM

You probably just need some regular maintenance like defragging your hard drives. If it has been a while since Windows was installed, then the Registry could be over bloated. A program like CCleaner can help clean up junk entries in the Registry. However, the best thing to do is to re-install Windows, then install CCleaner and use that once a month to delete junk entries in the Registry.

August 5, 2012 5:17:43 PM

jaguarskx said:
You probably just need some regular maintenance like defragging your hard drives. If it has been a while since Windows was installed, then the Registry could be over bloated. A program like CCleaner can help clean up junk entries in the Registry. However, the best thing to do is to re-install Windows, then install CCleaner and use that once a month to delete junk entries in the Registry.

I have try reinstall windows, and i have change hard disk too without differences
August 5, 2012 5:25:33 PM

What is strange about it? We need more of a description of the problem.
August 5, 2012 9:25:29 PM

Derkle said:
What is strange about it? We need more of a description of the problem.

For example when i open the windows the effect of these happened slow...
The computer its strange slow...Another example the rendering of a game its too strange...Its not fluid , its moved...
The pc its totally moved, not fluid anymore , thats all!
a c 186 à CPUs
a c 109 U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 9:26:17 PM

More detailed explanation?

When you try playing a game are the framerates low?
August 6, 2012 12:22:47 PM

amuffin said:
More detailed explanation?

When you try playing a game are the framerates low?

The framerate its ok...But the game is the smoothness abnormal...
I dont know how to explain...But before the computer was fluid, now i noted strange slowdowns in rendering of Computer, which, however,But that does not affect the frames rate...Its Really Strange Problem! Its for me look like a Cpu problem , but maybe also the ram maybe?
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 12:27:54 PM

Try doing a virus scan. It's possible that you have some form of malware and it is taking all of your CPU cycles.
August 6, 2012 12:59:12 PM

clarkjd said:
Try doing a virus scan. It's possible that you have some form of malware and it is taking all of your CPU cycles.

I can try but its impossibile since i change hard disk with reinstall Os
August 6, 2012 1:15:39 PM

No malware or everthink like it...The pc Its Free
a b à CPUs
August 6, 2012 1:59:47 PM

^ Hmm, maybe you need water-cooling for "fluid" PC :p ..

Seriously, that old a computer, I suspect you might be running Win XP, which has disc indexing turned on by default. My XP Q6700 system would periodically slow down and stutter as it would attempt to index the gaming drive or the OS boot drive. Unless you need to find a lot of stuff quickly, I'd turn indexing off - in Windows Explorer, select each hard drive, right-click it, choose Properties, then in the window uncheck the Indexing checkbox, then OK.
August 6, 2012 3:03:38 PM

fazers_on_stun said:
^ Hmm, maybe you need water-cooling for "fluid" PC :p ..

Seriously, that old a computer, I suspect you might be running Win XP, which has disc indexing turned on by default. My XP Q6700 system would periodically slow down and stutter as it would attempt to index the gaming drive or the OS boot drive. Unless you need to find a lot of stuff quickly, I'd turn indexing off - in Windows Explorer, select each hard drive, right-click it, choose Properties, then in the window uncheck the Indexing checkbox, then OK.

this problem has appeared suddenly...I'll explain....
The day before this problem appeared my computer was ok...The following day, my pc was like it...With this stupid problem! without having touched anything, much less the hard disk...Im sure the indexing disc was always disabled...and with two hard drives simultaneously tested the problem has not done a fold...
I think it's something to do with the hardware
August 6, 2012 4:46:26 PM

I MAKE A VIDEO GAMEPLAY OF A GAME JUST FOR SHOW MORE BETTER THE PROBLEM OK?
August 6, 2012 5:14:14 PM

There are a couple of things that could potentially be causing this...

1. Are you running the CPU overclocked?
2. Have you cleaned the system out? ie. opened the cover and used some compressed air to clean out the dust bunnies...
3. Are you possibly using an SSD drive? (i highly doubt but still worth asking)

Because it appears your running an older system, i'm thinking it might be a heating issue because intel processors have a built-in feature to slow down in an attempt to keep from destroying themselves when the heat gets too high...

I would re-seat the cpu, clean and add some new thermal paste...

Another thing i noticed your running a Q6600 with a 520GT, correct me if i'm wrong, but it's possible you may be running into a bottleneck running a newer video card and an older processor...

AJ
August 6, 2012 5:35:36 PM

Quote:
1. Are you running the CPU overclocked?

No
Quote:
2. Have you cleaned the system out? ie. opened the cover and used some compressed air to clean out the dust bunnies...

The problem started suddenly,without tempered Pc with in any way...Occasionally i wipe the PC with a vacuum cleaner
Quote:
3. Are you possibly using an SSD drive? (i highly doubt but still worth asking)

Yes, o_O
Quote:
Because it appears your running an older system, i'm thinking it might be a heating issue because intel processors have a built-in feature to slow down in an attempt to keep from destroying themselves when the heat gets too high...

CAN I disable this feature?

Quote:

I would re-seat the cpu, clean and add some new thermal paste...
Another thing i noticed your running a Q6600 with a 520GT, correct me if i'm wrong, but it's possible you may be running into a bottleneck running a newer video card and an older processor...

I tryed 3 difference video cards without differecens, i changed themal paste some month ago, the temperatures are ok for meAJ[/quotemsg]

An example of a game : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B6Lpw0084U&feature=yout...
a b à CPUs
August 6, 2012 7:02:34 PM

Dragonix said:
this problem has appeared suddenly...I'll explain....
The day before this problem appeared my computer was ok...The following day, my pc was like it...With this stupid problem! without having touched anything, much less the hard disk...Im sure the indexing disc was always disabled...and with two hard drives simultaneously tested the problem has not done a fold...
I think it's something to do with the hardware


OK, some other things to try:

- Take a look at what processes are running on your PC when it slows down. Use task manager and then look up anything unfamiliar with Google.

- run some diagnostics on your hard drive & memory, esp. if they as as old as your CPU and mobo. And as somebody else posted, you can always try reseating the DIMMs, and making sure all the cables are plugged in tight.

- see if you had any Windows updates or driver updates that broke something. Usually I don't find as much problems with nVidia driver updates as I do with AMD (or ATI), but there could be obviously. So what you might try is to use system restore to the last state before you started noticing this problem. I doubt it would be a BIOS update if the mobo is 5 yrs old, but you could always insert a new CMOS battery as it might also be failing around this time.

- last resort would be a complete reinstall of the OS. Windows XP simply seems to get clogged up with time so that even a good registry cleaner will probably miss some problems. I had a restore image that I would reinstall from about once a year or so, then let windows update do its thing and then I'd delete all the temp files and defrag the hard drive. Of course, if you're using an SSD you don't want to defrag it.
August 6, 2012 8:00:34 PM

Go to the wiindows event viewer and see if you have some errors there is a case some drivers to hit errors see the criticals and report then to us. But with 5400 rpms to a hard disk what you expect anyway? the newer disks are working at 7200 rpm try an ssd drive to get arround 400 Mbytes/sec and it will solve all your laggind problems.

PS fazers_on_stun i did send you a prive btw..
!