Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte Radeon HD7950 3GB

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 14, 2012 6:53:02 PM

I'm very interested in Gigabytes Windforce edition of this card but I haven't been able to find any reviews on it. It's big brother, the Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 3GB (Windforce edition), has been reviewed very favorably and it's said to run very cool, quiet and it's supposed to overclock well.

So does anyone know of any reviews of the 7950 version or maybe someone who owns the card could tell me if it's any good (temperatures, sound levels and overclocking capabilities)?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I originally left out that I meant Gigabytes Windforce edition of the 7950, sorry about that.
February 14, 2012 7:16:42 PM

The 7950 is a great card and can overclock easily to meet 7970 in games. If it's the reference card it may be a bit noisy with the fan at full throttle, but you should never need it that high and will run quiet and cool enough for most people.
February 14, 2012 7:25:19 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I left out that I was interested in gigabytes windforce edition, whooops :whistle:  ..

But again, thanks for the quick reply.
Related resources
February 14, 2012 7:51:26 PM

kamelkaze said:
Thanks for the reply.

I left out that I was interested in gigabytes windforce edition, whooops :whistle:  ..

But again, thanks for the quick reply.

No problem, most aftermarket gpu coolers have better acoustics so you should be fine on noise and temps should be in check at the very least. (probably better load temps and similar idle temps to reference)
February 24, 2012 3:04:41 AM

kamelkaze said:
I'm very interested in Gigabytes Windforce edition of this card but I haven't been able to find any reviews on it. It's big brother, the Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 3GB (Windforce edition), has been reviewed very favorably and it's said to run very cool, quiet and it's supposed to overclock well.

So does anyone know of any reviews of the 7950 version or maybe someone who owns the card could tell me if it's any good (temperatures, sound levels and overclocking capabilities)?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I originally left out that I meant Gigabytes Windforce edition of the 7950, sorry about that.

Here's a review link
http://www.pureoverclock.com/article1448.html
!