Not open for further replies.

owbm3297

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
hello , i have
cpu core 2 duo e7500 @3.3 GHz
ram 4 gb
resolution 1600x900
i wanna buy a new graphics card , and i have a limited budget , am thinking of buying the hd 6790 , i wanna play all games in ultra :) , please can u tell me is this card good for me or not ??
some people said that my e7500 will bottleneck this card ... others said that i can't play games like BF3 in ultra with this cpu ,
i just want u to see this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tW [...] Q7EwlFakfr
and also check his channel .....
i also saw that guys can play all games with high settings using the e7500 cpu , so i concluded that the vga is the matter not my cpu , am i right ??
please can u tell me is this vga card suitable for me??
on more question :)))
am really confused bettween 6850 and 6790 , of course the 6850 is better but in this pic
http://media.bestofmicro.com/V/F/2 [...] 201920.png
i see that there's no much difference between them , and as i told u before i have a limited budget so i will wait a lot until i get the price of 6850 , i currently have the price of 6790 card , so will i be disappointed if i bought it ?? please answer me
Thank you very much , and sorry for my bad english :)

owbm3297

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

Thank you very much that helped a lot , well ... I will go for 6850 :) do you mean that my card won't bottleneck this card ?? If yes so that's awesome and I will buy it :D
Man you said that I can't play crysis full graphics with my pc ... I have the game and I play it with my sh*ity 5450 card at about 25 fps at maximum resolution :)

owbm3297

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

well man about how much fps will be dropped by this bottleneck ??

Well see here is the thing owbm3297, you have a dual core. or well to be exact a core 2 duo. you are most likely to get a bottleneck with any mid range card. See Technology advances double if not more every time a new technology is released. Ok now lets go back to when the core2duo was in its prime. the Pentium dual core were probaby like our Core i3's to to when ivy bridge is released (If they even have dual core anymore????) . Dual cores were the thing about 4-5 years. Now not so much, quad core's are mostly your regular thing now, and 6 cores and more multi core architecture are starting to get more used. So a quad such as a core2quad if possible will help. I know this alot to read but just take into consideration. If your getting bottlenecks from the start with the new video card. thats all your likely to get later on. Just save up and build a new. Sell that core2duo system and build a new. Its time to move on

owbm3297

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

so do u mean that my cpu will disappoint me in playing current and future games ?? :(( even if i bought the 6850 ?? i don't have enough money to buy a card a mobo and a quad core cpu , it's impossible , do u believe that i will say that " damn buying this card a waste of money " because of my cpu ??? :((((((((((((((((((
i saw lots of people playing this game with ultra settings using the e7500 and many heavy games such as gta iv and mafia 2 , all on high setiings with e7500 , so i concluded that the vga is the matter not the cpu am i right ??

owbm3297

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

wow , u gave me a lot of hope :) , of course i know that a better cpu will give me a better and more fps's but u said that i won't regret of purchasing this card :D , u helped me alot ^^ , just one ore question :))) .... how much fps will be dropped from a good cpu ex. i3 to my e7500 cpu ?? i just want to know the difference :)) , and thank you man , i will go for 6850 ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.