Sign in with
Your question

Budget Gaming/Editing Build, need advice

Last response: in Systems
April 23, 2012 4:47:06 AM

Hi, this is my first time posting here and i need some help with building a new computer, :bounce: 

Approximate Purchase Date: in about a week from now

Budget Range: $500-$700

System Usage: i need a machine for both gaming and video editing(mostly premiere pro CS5.5)

Parts Not Required: mouse, key board, screen, HDD

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: im useing http://www.msy.com.au/default.jsp?category=1

Parts Preferences: intel, nivida, (dont want to go AMD because of Premiere) anything else i don't care

Overclocking: mabye

Monitor Resolution: one 1440x900(will be adding another one soon) :na: 

Additional Comments: read below

I have come up with something that i think will satisfy my needs and budget, but i want to be sure that all the parts will work together.

im mostly concerned about the ram, i have brought RAM before for my old computer, but i brought the wrong speed(i brought ddr2 533mhz instead of 800mhz) will this speed be ok? and im hopeing to get games like BF3 out of it, will it be able to run it? any help is appreciated and im open to changing anything :D 

thanks strech
April 23, 2012 5:31:35 AM

1) You can get DDR3 1600 RAM for about the same price. It will be faster than the one you have. Just make sure its 1.5 V.

2) For a gaming build at that price, I would get a cheaper case and cheaper optical drive. For example, a haf 912 for case, and an asus DRW dvd drive should serve your purposes quite well. The money you save you can invest in a better graphics cars (i.e 560 ti or radeon 7850).

3) If you do not plan on SLI or Crossfire in the future, you will be fine with a 500W PSU. Make sure you get it from a good company, and is at least bronze rated.
m
l
April 23, 2012 6:36:30 AM

Thanks l0v3rboi,

i changed the ram to "G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8G Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1600" they are 1.5v so should be fine

i chose a Coolermaster Elite 371 insted of the Enforcer, the haf 912 was actually my first choice but was more expensive than the Cooler Master Enforcer.

also change to a DRW DVD insted of the blueray drive

and changed the PSU for a Thermaltake TR-500PCAU TR2 500Watt

with the extra money im getting a Asus 1GB GTX560 PCI-E VGA Card

thanks agian

m
l
!