Blue Screen of Death on my HP

I have a HP Pavillion DV-7 Model 3067-cl laptop. It won't do anything it the blue screen of death. I've tested all memory passed but on hard drive test, immediately got Disk Error (303). I am lost on what to do
I had just put a Norton Anti-Virus on it and it goes haywire. It's got precious photos on it I will be devastated if I lose.
3 answers Last reply
More about blue screen death
  1. Quote:
    Both error codes would indicate that your Hard Drive is failing - there are many reason for a Smart error, one example would be that there are increasing blocks of the HDD that can not be written to or read from - whatever the actual reason for the smart warning, the solution boils down to replacing the Hard Drive.

As to why it occured, the average lifespan of a traditional HDD is between 3 - 5 years, but some fail much sooner while others may last far longer.

If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/SMART-Hard-Disk-Quick-303-Error/td-p/1433183 they have contact links here
  2. So you're saying I've lost all my pictures and the precious videos.
  3. it's possible, contact HP and they may be able to recover them
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Blue Screen Hewlett Packard