Mobo driver question

would you trust this:
i sent a support request to asrock wondering about windows 8 support, there are no drivers on the site.
my question to asrock:
"All i want to know is if you are making drivers for windows 8 for this product Asrock p67 Fatal1ty pro. i spent alot of money buying this mobo last year and would like to upgrade. I notice other vendors have support for windows 8 on the p67 platform. i have asked in the tweaktown forums but cant get an answer. you dont have drivers on the support site. a quick yes or no and why would be nice. "

they responded:
"Sorry about that. the mainboard does not support Windows 8 at this moment.
Please check the future update for the mainboard once available at below link.
However, Windows 8 has already build in most of the drivers and not requires drivers installation.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&Model=Fatal1ty%20P67%20Professional

Thank you

ASRock America Support Team"

is it possible windows 8 has all the mobo drivers

Solution
Hi :)

They were honest..no 8 drivers means EXACTLY that...so do NOT buy 8...until eventually they will write 8 drivers...

Stick with 7 for now...

All the best Brett :)

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
chances are you will be able to get your drivers on there fine, i had one problem with a driver i couldn't find for windows 8. was not compatible to run. so i ran the driver .exe in compatibility mode with win Xp and it worked fine.

TRENDING THREADS