Closed Solved

What Video card should I buy?

I have a Nvidia 780iSLI mobo with a Intel core 2 quad cpu Q6600 @ 2.4GHZ, 700 watt psu 4.0 GB ram windows 7 32bit. I currently have 2 nvidia 9500 GT cards in a SLI configuration. I have a 42" plasma screen, and a 23" LCD hooked up to my computer. My kids like to game on the 23" while I watch movies on the plasma. Lately my video cards have been getting warm and glitching after a couple hours of this. So I think it is time to upgrade graphics cards. I have about $350 to commit to this, and am trying to decide if I should buy 2 GTX560 cards and go SLI again, or 1 GTX570?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what video card
  1. A single GTX 570 now, and another one down the road.

That's what I did, and I'm at the "down the road" part now. Yay tax season!
  2. Best answer
    go for the gtx 570 always single high end card will be the better way to go and overclock your cpu to avoid bottlenecking if you dont then it may bottleneck in cpu dependent games like skyrim so better to overclock it.
  3. Best answer selected by paulhook.
  4. Thanks guys, I wnet with the gtx 570, installed it last night, and am pretty happy. I ran windows experience index, and scored a 7.8 out of 7.9 for both graphics and gaming graphics. My previous was 5.1
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards Graphics