Desktop font color

Hi,
Is there anyway to change the font color on the desktop?

I tried the Desktop.ini file but that just changed it when viewed in the
folder Desktop.

Thanks,
John
7 answers Last reply
More about desktop font color

    Hi John,

    The font color for the icon labels on the desktop cannot be changed manually. If you select a
    lighter background color (mind you a background color and not the actual wallpaper) then the font
    color automatically changes to a darker one and vice-versa.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "John Paul" <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Is there anyway to change the font color on the desktop?
    >
    > I tried the Desktop.ini file but that just changed it when viewed in the
    > folder Desktop.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > John

    Alright.

    Thank you,
    John

    Windows FX from www.stardock.com can change the icon font color.

    --
    Just my 2¢ worth,
    Jeff
    "John Paul" <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2255C1A9-B9E6-435A-A6E5-AA0050C04A39@microsoft.com...
    | Hi,
    | Is there anyway to change the font color on the desktop?
    |
    | I tried the Desktop.ini file but that just changed it when viewed in the
    | folder Desktop.
    |

    | Thanks,
    | John

    You are welcome !

    --

    "» mrtee «" wrote:
    Windows FX from www.stardock.com can change the icon font color.
    ----------------------------

    Does this have to remain running in the background, or can you make the
    change and uninstall it?

    Thanks,
    John.

    It runs in the systray. My machine has been up now for over 17 hours and WinFX has used 2 seconds of CPU time.

    --
    Just my 2¢ worth,
    Jeff
    "John Paul" <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F81E779D-806F-4AC0-8D1E-833BFA207987@microsoft.com...

    | Does this have to remain running in the background, or can you make the
    | change and uninstall it?
    |

    | Thanks,
    | John.

    Okay, Thank you.

    John

Configuration Desktops Font Customization Microsoft Windows XP