New Build Failed! Need Help PLZ!

Deisler

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Hi guys:

I am building a new workstation PC for my work now but I got a big problem when putting the CPU cooler into the case...

Main Components are:

MoBo: P9X79 Pro
CPU: 3930K
Cooler: Corsair H80
RAM: high-profile RAMs
Case: Antec P193 V3

The problem is:

When I put the RAMs, Mobo and CPU into the case (this step can be done with no problems), I can't put the radiator of H80 onto the inner-back of the case (radiator+2fans are too thick and they block two RAM slots at the rear side). More sadly, the radiator give no room to the side fan in that case.....

Can anyone solve this problem????

I am thinking of having a new case but it won't solve the problem as bigger case doesn't have bigger room between rear fan (radiator) and RAM slots....

I also tried to use only one fan for H80 radiator but they are still blocking the side-fan and 1 ram slot.

WHAT CAN I DO? :( :( :(

catatafish

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Don't use the side fan and buy low profile memory,
or,
buy a new case and read some reviews on water coolers to see which it will fit in
or,
How many RAM sticks are you using? Will it clear if you just use slots 2 and 4? (or 6 and 8 or whatever, jesus that mobo has a lot of slots)

Surely you can just drop 2 sticks of 4gb in the furthest most matching slots?

Deisler

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012

Thanks for replying...

I can't. If I put it in the rear, it will block the side-fan of the case and 2 RAM slots at the rear.

If I put it on the top of case, if will block the top-part of MoBo....

I am very frustrated now..........

Deisler

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012

I can't find any low-profile 8GBs/slot RAMs from Ebuyer...

I will try to find a case which may fit everything in.

I am currently using 4 slots (32GB) but will extend it to 64GB (8slots)

The radiator blocks the rear 3 RAM slots which does not enable me to install 4x8GB anyway.

God help me!!!

catatafish

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
God help you for whatever it is you are using that needs that much RAM.

I'm curious, what are you running that requires that much RAM?

What about installing the radiator/fan where the side fan goes? Pulling cold air from the outside of case. Yes it would be cumbersome whenever you pulled the side open, but with that much memory, you shouldn't have to do that for another 10 years ;-).

Deisler

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012

Thanks. Normally my code needs 30GB~60GB to run. I bought those rams because I really need that much... And sadly I couldn't find low-profile ram from Ebuyer...

I am not sure if I can install the radiator/fan on the place where the side-fan was. That might need some drills on the side plate..