PC seems to not wake from sleep

xllsargellx

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Ok so I recently built a new computer and everything seems to run fine while I am on it. The problem is when I leave it idle for long periods of time, but not always (just wierd). Anyway sometimes when i leave my PC idle for along time it almost seems like the video card goes to sleep and won't wake up. I mean the monitors are set to turn off after an hours and they do. The problem is that sometimes when I come back to the PC and move the mouse they don't come back on. All the fans are still running in the tower and it seems to be running, but the only way to get it to come back on is to do a hard reset. Also the fan on the video card sounds like it is "breathing" at times when idle. I know sounds wierd but the fan seems to come on then off over and over until it just stops completely. I contacted support but they don't want me to try anything other than send back the card and wait until they send me another one. I really was hoping that I could find a resolution for this issue before I had to be without my PC. Anyway system specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68
Processor: i5-2500k, 3.3 GHz
RAMM: 8Gb (2x4Gb) DDR3 2133
Video Card: XFX Radeon 7950 Core Edition
Hard DRives: 2 Western Digital 1 TB drives(forget the models)
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply: XFX Pro 850W

Thanks in advance. Oh and no laughing at the system please :)

TRENDING THREADS