Sign in with
Your question

To moderators/administrators, a request please

Last response: in Forum Feedback
March 10, 2012 8:26:11 PM

I have been a member since 2/10/2010, so over 2 years, but have yet to get my 'Silver/Captains' badge. Is that something that happens automatically or something an admin has to assign. Can you please look into and advise? Thanks!
March 13, 2012 8:28:29 AM

It should happen automatically when the database driven forum notices certain events. Making a post = changing post counts and adding 4 forum points, etc.
Did you get a Private Message notifying you?

I noticed in the side panel "They won a badge" widget that user Cruzermac619 just won his Admiral (Gold) badge for 3yrs membership - even with just 1 post 3 years ago:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/profile-400707.htm
But it's not yet showing up on his profile page. That's not unusual. A lot of the forum database processes are 'batch driven' at certain intervals instead of 'real time updates'.
Related resources
March 13, 2012 8:28:59 AM

It is in toms guide forum where they put mine!
March 13, 2012 3:10:58 PM

Thanks guys, it is in tomsguide, but that one doesn't show my news comments, yet tomshardware shows the news, but not the member badge, haha. No biggie I guess, just bragging rights for myself :) 
March 13, 2012 7:10:18 PM

As WR2 says, it's not instant. Sometimes your awards/badges take a while to show.
!