this may be a simple question but i changes the color of the background of
the desktop items. i would like to change them bakc to the default, so the
background blends in with the background. any help would be great!

Click on the Start button
Select Control Panel
Then select Performance and Maintenance/Adjust Visual Effects/"Use drop shadows for
icon labels on the Desktop".
Classic – Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings
If this still doesn't do the trick, right-click the desktop, point to Arrange Icons
By and make sure that Lock Web Items on Desktop is un-checked;

"tutucute" <tutucute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> this may be a simple question but i changes the color of the background of
> the desktop items. i would like to change them bakc to the default, so the
> background blends in with the background. any help would be great!

I am having the same issue with the desktop background color showing in the
icon text area, but I have tried your suggestions, and for some reason the
issue persists. Any other things I might try? Thanks.

"Taurarian" wrote:

> Click on the Start button
> Select Control Panel
> Then select Performance and Maintenance/Adjust Visual Effects/"Use drop shadows for
> icon labels on the Desktop".
> Classic – Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings
> If this still doesn't do the trick, right-click the desktop, point to Arrange Icons
> By and make sure that Lock Web Items on Desktop is un-checked;
>

> "tutucute" <tutucute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > this may be a simple question but i changes the color of the background of
> > the desktop items. i would like to change them bakc to the default, so the
> > background blends in with the background. any help would be great!

Check here:

Display Properties>Desktop tab>Customize Desktop...> Web tab.
Make sure that all checkboxes are clear.

"L.Paul" wrote:

> I am having the same issue with the desktop background color showing in the
> icon text area, but I have tried your suggestions, and for some reason the
> issue persists. Any other things I might try? Thanks.
>
> "Taurarian" wrote:
>
> > Click on the Start button
> > Select Control Panel
> > Then select Performance and Maintenance/Adjust Visual Effects/"Use drop shadows for
> > icon labels on the Desktop".
> > Classic – Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings
> > If this still doesn't do the trick, right-click the desktop, point to Arrange Icons
> > By and make sure that Lock Web Items on Desktop is un-checked;
> >

> > "tutucute" <tutucute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > this may be a simple question but i changes the color of the background of
> > > the desktop items. i would like to change them bakc to the default, so the
> > > background blends in with the background. any help would be great!

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

OK but the default was back ground icon test as clear now I can only change
the background color how do i change it back to background color as clearclear