Ivy Bridge or Sandy Bridge, and which mobo?

Hey guys, I'm going to be building a setup soon, with most probably a z77 or z68mobo, an i5 processor (but which one?), a CM Hyper 212 Evo, a Corsair TX750W V2 PSU, a NZXT Source 210 Elite case and 2x4gb of Corsair DDR3 1600 XMS3 RAM.

I'm going to be using mainly for video editing / rendering (for YouTube), photoshop, gaming and general use.

It'll only be gameplay footage, vlogs and the like that I'll be editing and rendering as far as I can see, no 3d modelling etc :)

Would I be better going the IB build, for the better IGP, whilst I'm waiting on money to get a better GPU, or to go SB to overclock higher for video rendering times etc?
Also, what MoBo would you recommend with your choice of IB or SB, I was looking at the 3570k and the ASRock Z77 Extreme4.
Ideas please?
3 answers Last reply
More about bridge sandy bridge mobo
  1. Tcshad said:
    Hey guys, I'm going to be building a setup soon, with most probably a z77 or z68mobo, an i5 processor (but which one?), a CM Hyper 212 Evo, a Corsair TX750W V2 PSU, a NZXT Source 210 Elite case and 2x4gb of Corsair DDR3 1600 XMS3 RAM.

I'm going to be using mainly for video editing / rendering (for YouTube), photoshop, gaming and general use.

It'll only be gameplay footage, vlogs and the like that I'll be editing and rendering as far as I can see, no 3d modelling etc :)

Would I be better going the IB build, for the better IGP, whilst I'm waiting on money to get a better GPU, or to go SB to overclock higher for video rendering times etc?
    Also, what MoBo would you recommend with your choice of IB or SB, I was looking at the 3570k and the ASRock Z77 Extreme4.
    Ideas please?

It depends on the review. IB is due out the 29th. Reviews and budget. Can't really say much until then.
  2. But in general, what would you recommend, for my needs, a higher clock speed, or the IGP?
  3. Tcshad said:
    But in general, what would you recommend, for my needs, a higher clock speed, or the IGP?

For video editing the IB's HD4000 graphics would seem the logical choice.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems