OCZ/Antec/Corsair/XCLIO

buzz271

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
Ok guys, I got a huge favor. I need some advice if ya got any please. I am looking for a high-end, reliable PSU. I have narrowed my choices down to these 4 and I am having the absolute hardest time deciding.

1. Antec TruePower Trio 650W :D (like it, but XCLIO puts out more)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817371001
2. XCLIO GreatPower 750W :) (not really sure about brand/reviews complain about loud electronics humming noise)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817189011
3. OCZ GameXStream 700W :? (phenomenal reviews but has blue LEDs and its a memory company)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341002
4. Corsair 620W :? (50A max output for 12V rails, other PSUs are in mid 40s)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817139002

Here's what I am pushing:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2GB OCZ Mem
150G Raptor SATA
160G WesternDigital IDE
BFG 6800 GT OC SLI (2)
Audigy 2 ZS
TV Tuner Card
(2) Sony DVD-RWs
Lite-On CD-RW
4x120mm Fans
(no lights, no prettiness)
All inside a Antec P180 Case

Priorities in PSU:
Minimum LEDs/Lights in general
Room to grow (dual core, higher end cards, etc.)
Stable with high CONTINUOUS ouput
Can't have fan(s) in rear (next to ATX/SATA/ETC wire outlet)
Plenty long cables cuz my PSU is mounted at bottom
Strong enough to do alittle overclocking
Under $200

Thanks for reading and PLEASE feel free to post any kind of comment. Thanks again.
-AK

I'm a fan of Seasonic PSUs. Since the Corsair PSU is manufactured by Seasonic, that's the one I would get.

XClio is an up and coming PSU brand. Their PSU have received very good reviews from hardware review sites. However, as a result of their increasing reputation, their prices have increased as well. I used to recommend XClio PSUs to people here in the forumz who were looking for a really good PSU at a very low price.

Based on the hardware reviews that stresses the XClio PSUs, they are solid PSUs. In fact one hardware review site (can't remember now) placed a higher than rated load on the XClio; it quickly and safely shut itself down. That's a great feature for protecting your components.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I'm a fan of Seasonic PSUs. Since the Corsair PSU is manufactured by Seasonic, that's the one I would get.

XClio is an up and coming PSU brand. Their PSU have received very good reviews from hardware review sites. However, as a result of their increasing reputation, their prices have increased as well. I used to recommend XClio PSUs to people here in the forumz who were looking for a really good PSU at a very low price.

Based on the hardware reviews that stresses the XClio PSUs, they are solid PSUs. In fact one hardware review site (can't remember now) placed a higher than rated load on the XClio; it quickly and safely shut itself down. That's a great feature for protecting your components.

I tried the XClio back when I was failing to find a 7900GTX that would run for more then a few minutes... The XClio 750 wouldn't even get the 7900GTX into Windows, whereas the OCZ 520 would get it into XP for a couple of minutes. I got into a conversation with an XClio engineer and that was NOT a comforting exchange. I'd also read a great review, which led to the purchase, but I think I must have gotten a lemon.

I tried the XClio back when I was failing to find a 7900GTX that would run for more then a few minutes... The XClio 750 wouldn't even get the 7900GTX into Windows, whereas the OCZ 520 would get it into XP for a couple of minutes. I got into a conversation with an XClio engineer and that was NOT a comforting exchange. I'd also read a great review, which led to the purchase, but I think I must have gotten a lemon.

It's possible that you just got a lemon. Seasonic has their lemons too. I recall reading a post about a Seasonic S12 PSU that died within 1 month.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
It's possible that you just got a lemon. Seasonic has their lemons too. I recall reading a post about a Seasonic S12 PSU that died within 1 month.

I assume that it was just a lemon. What bothered me more than that was the talk with their engineer. When a customer gets a lemon, CS people have to be straight because BS is too obvious.

TRENDING THREADS