Processor number 630
Processor markings 3.0GHZ/2M/800/04A
Frequency (GHz) 3
Bus speed (MHz) 800
Clock multiplier 15
Package type 775-land FC-LGA4
Socket type Socket 775 (LGA775)

I plan to build a rackmount pc for music
I started looking for motherboards but I do not know about chipsets or which type of motherboard supports this processor.
for graphics I need a pcie X 16 I think? I only know about agp and I want to use an nvidia card, and give the pc longevity. not concerned about SLI
I would rather have the extra pci expansion.
the case supports 7 rear slots so a full atx format is required with the graphics card taking up a pci express slot.
I also need as many usb headers as possible to support usb, firewire, and card readers on the front of the machine.

I need to know where to start as its a big bad lots of motherboards world out there.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2012 11:56:14 PM

Great help and thanks for the info

I still need to find a board which has 4 pci slots hence the need for a budget atx form, to support firewire extension to rear. + 2 sound cards (1 main card out, 1 monitor) + midi in/out
this will give me an idea on which to look for in the larger sized board.

Thanks again
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 12:29:53 AM

Found this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6813138157

still clueless about processor compatibility as I don't know if its any of these.

Intel Core 2 Quad Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor
Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor
Intel Celeron Processor 400 Sequence
Maximum CPU TDP (Thermal Design Power) : 130Watt

and now more confusion with CPU TDP
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 12:32:52 AM

Found this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

still clueless about processor compatibility as I don't know if its any of these.

a c 109 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 12:33:24 AM

Your CPU TDP is 84W

What mobo is it?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 12:40:20 AM

BIOSTAR T41 HD LGA 775 Intel G41 ATX Intel
August 6, 2012 12:51:01 AM

Quote:
Found this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

In the link you gave just click in details and you see:

I mean they never post a motrherboard without the cpu support info's, is not for Intel Pentium 4 like ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, ABIT IS7, MSI Neo2-FIS2R, etc... is not easy to find one online either...
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 12:57:28 AM

Hi thanks for interest

the problem is I don't know if the processor I have is any of the ones listed.
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 1:00:28 AM

Quote:
Hi thanks for interest

the problem is I don't know if the processor I have is any of the ones listed.

If you have the Pentium 4 630, like you say, it doesn't appear to be compatible with that Biostar board.

Looks at the CPU support list here. http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_...
a c 109 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 1:03:49 AM

Doesn't support P4s...

August 6, 2012 1:08:05 AM

I found this one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

supports 800 Mhz fsb and it will play, only 59,99 hit it fast.

PS DJDeCiBeL will also play it suports 800 mhz fsb also anyway my link isn't working anymore someone got it. IS not easy to find a motherboard for sale with that fsb anymore they are at 1066 and 1333 mostly...
August 6, 2012 1:17:04 AM

PS DJDeCiBeL will also play it suports 800 mhz fsb also anyway my link isn't working anymore someone got it

Is not easy to find a motherboard for sale with that fsb anymore they are at 1066 and 1333 mostly...

So i say IF the motherboard can play at 800 Mhz fsb and HAS 775 socket will work the Pentium 4

ANY MORE explanations needed ?
August 6, 2012 1:31:13 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
If you have the Pentium 4 630, like you say, it doesn't appear to be compatible with that Biostar board.

Looks at the CPU support list here. http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_...

It suports 800 Mhz fsb will play it also

jay_nar2012 said:
Doesn't support P4s...

are you having problem in your mind and always giving RONG infos to the people?

We were trying to find a motherboard that can play at 800 Mhz fsb the op knows it this why he came here...
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 1:31:19 AM

Hi All

Thank you for all your help.
The board is perfect and really inexpensive and a good make.
my search is over and the music will play,

Cannot thank you enough for your concern, hope to help you with any music/pc related questions in future.

:bounce: 
August 6, 2012 1:42:45 AM

Try to find a motherboard that writes Support FSB 800/1066/1333MHz and 775 socket if you don't see 800 mhz it dosen't has the crystals on board for 800 mhz and it will fail...

And before someone to ask what crystall you say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_oscillator

you can remove an existing crystal to a motherboard and you add one that support 800 mh it will work not ***...
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 1:48:05 AM

Giatrakis said:
Try to find a motherboard that writes Support FSB 800/1066/1333MHz and 775 socket if you don't see 800 mhz it dosen't has the crystals on board for 800 mhz and it will fail...

And before someone to ask what crystall you say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_oscillator

you can remove an existing crystal to a motherboard and you add one that support 800 mh it will work not ***...

Thanks, greatly appreciate the info,
a c 109 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 1:59:59 AM

Giatrakis said:
It suports 800 Mhz fsb will play it also

are you having problem in your mind and always giving RONG infos to the people?

We were trying to find a motherboard that can play at 800 Mhz fsb the op knows it this why he came here...

Do you love trolling people?

The G41 chipset doesn't support P4s -http://ark.intel.com/products/chipsets/36519
August 6, 2012 2:17:49 AM

jay_nar2012 said:
Do you love trolling people?

The G41 chipset doesn't support P4s -http://ark.intel.com/products/chipsets/36519

in here you were saying the 3820 can't be overclocked and when i post a 4.5 Ghz cpuz:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=t...

You were saying it's a turbo boost...

We were having a problem finding a motherboard that had the pentium 4 in the support list as most corporations don't post their full cpu's tests in the motherboards

I have here a G41 board you Claimed again it dosent't support it!

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

and ops it HAS pentium 4 inside!!! How come? because it can play at 800 Mhz fsb you got it? MORON

a c 283 à CPUs
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 3:10:55 AM

^ OK, stop with the name calling.

In reality, the G41 chipset MAY actually support a P4, BUT neither that Biostar nor the Asus that you linked appear to. The BIOS of either one DOES NOT support it, even if they will support 800Mhz CPU's, and if the BIOS doesn't support it, it will never be recognized and therefore be able to be used. If you can PROVE to us otherwise, please feel free. Otherwise, grow up and stop calling people names and acting like a child.
a c 117 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 3:23:52 AM

op you could find a whole build second hand for the price of a new p4 motherboard.
really m8 your just throwing money away. today your local pc shop will have refurb machines in that will have everything you require and probably a better Pentium dual core/core 2 duo for $50-$100...
if your thinking that the cpu will play games your mistaken, it hasn't had enough grunt to play any new games since 2008 when doal cores became the standard...
yes you will be able to play old engine games like wow on reduced settings but you wont be able to play the add ons like cataclysm...
basically all a p4 is good for today is writing emails, web surfing and watching video.
for sum1 that doesn't have a pc and just want basic usage they will get there moneys worth from a second hand refurbish job, but not from a new build...
the motherboard may be cheap but ddr1 isnt... your looking at $50+ for 512mb of ram a hdd with less than 130gigs your lucky to find 1 at anywhere near a reasonable price.
nah m8.. forget buying new. get to a charity chop or second hand store to source your parts it will be much much cheaper.
August 6, 2012 3:28:40 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
^ OK, stop with the name calling.

In reality, the G41 chipset MAY actually support a P4, BUT neither that Biostar nor the Asus that you linked appear to. The BIOS of either one DOES NOT support it, even if they will support 800Mhz CPU's, and if the BIOS doesn't support it, it will never be recognized and therefore be able to be used. If you can PROVE to us otherwise, please feel free. Otherwise, grow up and stop calling people names and acting like a child.

Can you tell me what Intel cpu's are runing with 800 mhz fsb in 775 socket?

What prove do you need if you can set the bios at 800 mhz fsb, I gave a motherboard that official has all the pentium4 family in a G41 what more do you want from me?
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 3:33:47 AM

Giatrakis said:
Can you tell me what Intel cpu's are runing with 800 mhz fsb in 775 socket?

I can, but why? It's long list anyway, and you know that as well as I do. I don't get why that's even relevant (it actually kind of proves my point, in a way).

That Gigabyte board absolutely DOES support P4's, no argument there, but that's because the BIOS supports them.

FSB isn't ALL that matters and you should know that. The board needs to have the firmware to be able to recognize the CPU being used too. If the CPU isn't recognized by the firmware, it WON'T work because it has no idea WHAT CPU it even IS. Period. End of discussion. Just setting the FSB correctly does nothing. THAT'S what I need proof of. That the BIOS of those two boards will ACTUALLY RECOGNIZE a P4, if installed. Can you do that?
August 6, 2012 3:42:41 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
I can, but why? It's long list anyway, and you know that as well as I do. I don't get why that's even relevant.

That Gigabyte board absolutely DOES support P4's, no argument there, but that's because the BIOS supports them.

FSB isn't ALL that matters and you should know that. The board needs to have the firmware to be able to recognize the CPU being used too. If the CPU isn't recognized by the firmware, it WON'T work because it has no idea WHAT CPU it even IS. Period. End of discussion. Just setting the FSB correctly does nothing. THAT'S what I need proof of. That the BIOS of those two boards will ACTUALLY RECOGNIZE a P4, if installed. Can you do that?

I can sort the list for you the 800 mhz fsb is only Celeron 400, all P4 family, Pentium D family, Celeron Dual-Core and Pentium Dual-Core in gigabyte happend to test everything to that motherboard click the mouse in the cpu support link and you will see it.

Are we done?
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 3:46:49 AM

Giatrakis said:
i can sorte the list for you the 800 mhz fsb is only Celeron 400, all P4 family, Pentium D family, Celeron Dual-Core and Pentium Dual-Core in gigabyte happend to test everything to that motherboard click the mouse in the suppoort link and you will see it.

Are we done?

LOL, you proved nothing there. I already KNEW that the Gigabyte board supported P4's. That's not what I asked and not even CLOSE to my point.

What I asked is if you can PROVE that the Biostar board above and the Asus board that YOU linked earlier can support P4's, even though the support list doesn't say so (because the BIOS doesn't support them, regardless of whether or not they can use a 800Mhz CPU).

Go back and read through my previous reply again. It had NOTHING to do with proving to me that the Gigabyte board supported P4's and EVERYTHING to do with the other two being able to (and why they CAN'T and WON'T).
August 6, 2012 3:53:06 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
LOL, you proved nothing there. I already KNEW that the Gigabyte board supported P4's. That's not what I asked and not even CLOSE to my point.

What I asked is if you can PROVE that the Biostar board above and the Asus board that YOU linked earlier can support P4's, even though the support list doesn't say so (because the BIOS doesn't support them, regardless of whether or not they can use a 800Mhz CPU).

Go back and read through my previous reply again. It had NOTHING to do with proving to me that the Gigabyte board supported P4's and EVERYTHING to do with the other two being able to (and why they CAN'T and WON'T).

The op dosen't care he can go to gigabyte that had the time to do all the tests to click to 775 motherboards select the chip set he likes and see the support list end of story i have no time to search for the assus boards.

I assume 800 Mhz are and for P4 Is this problem solved and for you? I leave the "if the bios..." to you.

Ps the link that i post it writes Intel pentium in Motherboard Specifications they didn't had the time to write all Intel pentium family in there i assumed. maybe you need to see it again? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 3:57:32 AM

Giatrakis said:
The op dosen't care he can go to gigabyte that had the time to do all the tests to click to 775 motherboards select the chip set he likes and see the support list end of story i have no time to search for the assus boards.

I assume 800 Mhz are and for P4 Is this problem solved and for you? I leave the if the bios for you...

MUCH better. Your argument all along seemed to be that if a board supported 800Mhz FSB, it should automatically be able to support ALL 800Mhz CPU's. I was just trying to tell you why that's just not at all true.

Both the Biostar board AND the Asus board support 800Mhz FSB CPU's, but NOT P4's. That was my point.
August 6, 2012 3:59:29 AM

Ps the link that i post it writes Intel pentium in Motherboard Specifications they didn't had the time to write all Intel pentium family in there i assumed?

Maybe you need to see it again? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

I found the time to write all pentium family in 1 line maybe you need to see it again ? Is only Celeron 400, all P4 family, Pentium D family, Celeron Dual-Core and Pentium Dual-Core
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 4:02:44 AM

Giatrakis said:
Ps the link that i post it writes Intel pentium in Motherboard Specifications they didn't had the time to write all Intel pentium family in there i assumed.

Maybe you need to see it again? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] CatId=1533

Nope, don't need to see it again. I saw the full support list on the Asus site (which you should have looked at in the first place), and even linked it here.

I'll link it again: http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5G41... No P4's and THAT comes straight from the horses mouth.
August 6, 2012 4:05:02 AM

If this is true the bro you are right i'm sorry...
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 4:07:32 AM

Giatrakis said:
If this is true the bro you are right i'm sorry...

No problem, I just didn't want the OP to be misinformed.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 4:10:55 AM

HEXiT said:
op you could find a whole build second hand for the price of a new p4 motherboard.
really m8 your just throwing money away. today your local pc shop will have refurb machines in that will have everything you require and probably a better Pentium dual core/core 2 duo for $50-$100...
if your thinking that the cpu will play games your mistaken, it hasn't had enough grunt to play any new games since 2008 when doal cores became the standard...
yes you will be able to play old engine games like wow on reduced settings but you wont be able to play the add ons like cataclysm...
basically all a p4 is good for today is writing emails, web surfing and watching video.
for sum1 that doesn't have a pc and just want basic usage they will get there moneys worth from a second hand refurbish job, but not from a new build...
the motherboard may be cheap but ddr1 isnt... your looking at $50+ for 512mb of ram a hdd with less than 130gigs your lucky to find 1 at anywhere near a reasonable price.
nah m8.. forget buying new. get to a charity chop or second hand store to source your parts it will be much much cheaper.

Hi I know what you mean. the board I need needs to have 4 pci slots and 1 pci express x16. with at least 2 usb internal headers. It has to be new for guarantee and insurances and also replaceable as music equiptment does a lot of travelling, the pc will end up with the installed cards doing all the work, with the mainboard doing nothing heavier than running a monitor, and having a tried and tested cheaply replaceable processor. which is still available as a new spare.

August 6, 2012 4:14:01 AM

PS Pentium duo means 2 pentium 4 inside the chip so i can assume 1 pentium 4 it can play to that motherboard...
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 5:57:58 AM

Giatrakis said:
PS Pentium duo means 2 pentium 4 inside the chip so i can assume 1 pentium 4 it can play to that motherboard...

I... don't think thats how it works, wouldn't you still need the "instruction" (for lack of better term) for the pentium 4 instead of a "pentium 4 x2" essentially.

a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2012 6:20:27 AM

No, Pentium Duo-Core is not related to Netburst Pentium 4 CPU at all. They are P6/Core architecture CPU that Intel introducing with the intent to reintroduce, in name only, the Pentium family back into their line up of CPU. Pentium D is sticking 2 single core Pentium 4 die in 1 package.
August 19, 2012 5:17:54 AM

I've been working on a friend's Dell with a BTX motherboard that lacks PS2 inputs and has a fatal flaw of not powering up USB fast enough to recognize the keyboard on boot. It came with a P4 630.

My plan was to swap out the MoBo and clean install Windows XP. Prior to reading this thread, I bought a G41 chipset board. Should be in on Tues/Wed.

So in a few days you'll have a definite no or yes on whether the G41 chipset will work with a 800 MHz FSB Pentium 4.

(No worries folks, I have a crappy Celeron that for sure works and the MoBo will not be completely wasted)

August 21, 2012 10:40:07 PM

Good news everyone:

Pentium 4 630 works with the G41 chipset. Started up perfectly, BIOS immediately recognized it.

The more you know.
August 21, 2014 2:57:59 PM

Anonymous said:

Hi :hello: 

I have an intel processor as follows

Type CPU / Microprocessor SL729
Family Intel Pentium 4
Processor number 630
Processor markings 3.0GHZ/2M/800/04A
Frequency (GHz) 3
Bus speed (MHz) 800
Clock multiplier 15
Package type 775-land FC-LGA4
Socket type Socket 775 (LGA775)

I plan to build a rackmount pc for music
I started looking for motherboards but I do not know about chipsets or which type of motherboard supports this processor.
for graphics I need a pcie X 16 I think? I only know about agp and I want to use an nvidia card, and give the pc longevity. not concerned about SLI
I would rather have the extra pci expansion.
the case supports 7 rear slots so a full atx format is required with the graphics card taking up a pci express slot.
I also need as many usb headers as possible to support usb, firewire, and card readers on the front of the machine.

I need to know where to start as its a big bad lots of motherboards world out there.

!