AMD FX-6100 Black Edition
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 board
Corsair Vengeance 1600 2x2gb
Colloermaster HAF 912 case
Samsung lightscribe DVD writer
Seagate Barracuda sata3 500gb disk
OCZ 650 S series PSu
Powercolor 1024Mb HD6850 PCI-E video card

Upon construction I had no image on the moniter - just a black screen, I tested the power input, moved the monitor to the second port, just 1 flicker. Replaced it with a basic ATI card all worked well and I install software. I RMA the card and the suppliers replaced it with a new one.
The new card did not work!, I assumed it was a PC prblem and the PSU was a likely choice. I checked AMD certified PSU list and found only a few that they said were suitable. I bought a Corsair TX750 v2 PSu fitted it and still no response. I also stripped down a working PC and replaced it HD4850 with this HD6850 - No Joy. I put all things back with my basic ATI card and am working but have a second DOA HD6850 - what else can I do?
3 answers Last reply
More about powercolor 6850 failures
  1. You can tell powercolor to do a refund because you are not happy with this purchase and you can get a better 6850 :).
  2. I just went through a similar problem with my Powercolor 6850 failing. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/343227-33-powercolor-6850-overheating

In my case I got it working, but the card quickly overheated up to 143 degrees celcius. In the end I wound up returning the Powercolor and purchasing a Sapphire brand 6850 that worked fine.
  3. well maybe your old PSU toasted this video card, so before you configuring the TX750 may have just been burned too, some generic psus can burn graphics card very easily, i am almost sure that you can replace it and try the new one on the tx750w psu;
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon PowerColor Graphics