Hp dv7 monitor not working black screen

Lunaegypt

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Hello
I have a Pavilion dv7 4051nr
I have a black screen but when connected to another monitor my computer works. I did slam my top down a little hard but after this the monitor still worked. I closed by computer down for the night in the morning went to use my computer to find just a black screen. What could this be? Or what can i do?

howardp6

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
Your HP dv7 4051nr has LED backlighting, there is no invertor or a backlight to fail. The external monitor works it is not the AMD GPU. Fold the screen back and forth. It may be the cable that connects the display. If it is still under warantee have HP take a look at.

Lunaegypt

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Thank you I did what you said by moving it back and forth but it did not work. to open it make it work. Also on my graphics software. AMD catalyst it shows me the external monitor but does not show me the computer monitor. In the device manager it does show me the two devices but in the monitor section it does not. :( it shows a generic monitor. I am really computer tech dumb but my computer is just a little over a year old and very expensive I would like to try all options before taking it in.

TRENDING THREADS