Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel CPUs with integrated graphics?

Last response: in CPUs
August 6, 2012 2:17:24 AM

Hey as you might have seen in my recent thread, I am
aiming to build a good gaming pc. Looking for components, I decided to start looking at CPUs. Immediately I noticed that they all had integrated graphics. Do I buy one with intergrated graphics or without? Also, I'm buying a discrete graphics card for my pc and any recommendations?

Best solution

a c 471 à CPUs
a c 115 å Intel
August 6, 2012 2:25:03 AM

The integrated graphic core can be disabled in the motherboard's BIOS, thus allowing you to use a discrete graphic card.

Which graphic card is good for you depends on the performance you want, the resolution you play at and the amount money you want to spend.
a b à CPUs
August 6, 2012 2:28:23 AM

its good to have the igp as a backup in case you ever run into GPU problems, as gpu is the one part that goes wrong the most software wise.(or if your gpu dies out)
m
l
Related resources
a c 309 à CPUs
a b å Intel
August 6, 2012 2:35:09 AM

Most all modern processors come with an integrated graphics core... I'm speaking of Intel. The older AMD Phenom IIs and Athlon IIs don't, but their newer counterparts do.
m
l
August 6, 2012 2:46:02 AM

jaguarskx said:
The integrated graphic core can be disabled in the motherboard's BIOS, thus allowing you to use a discrete graphic card.

Which graphic card is good for you depends on the performance you want, the resolution you play at and the amount money you want to spend.

Thanks to all but this mainly answered my question.
m
l
August 6, 2012 2:48:33 AM

Best answer selected by Aminostic.
m
l
!