Sign in with
Your question

No sound while using RealTek drivers

Last response: in Components
August 6, 2012 3:20:30 AM

So recently, I had an issue with my on-board audio (Motherboard: DH61WW). For some reason, the audio jacks wouldn't work (both front and back), and I also tried putting an X-Fi Soundblaster XTremeMusic into my PCI slot but it wouldn't work there either. The solution I've come up is a DVI to HDMI cable to my monitor and playing the sound through my monitor. I've been through all the loops trying to fix my on-board sound (I've reinstalled windows and all my drivers, reset my BIOS settings, tried all the audio ports on my computer...). I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue.

When I plug in my speakers to the audio jack, my RealTek audio drivers recognize that a device has been plugged in (even recognizing that it's on the back port) and asks if it is speakers or headphones. However no sound is produced when I do a sound test on the volume bar. The problem is not my speakers, I tested them with some music on my phone.

More about : sound realtek drivers

a b \ Driver
August 6, 2012 11:16:35 PM

there are several ways to mute the audio, depending on the operating system, and they can be a pain to locate.

what OS are you using?
m
l
August 7, 2012 2:01:14 AM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I got a sound card and that fixed the issue. I'm near positive it wasn't a software issue.
m
l
a b \ Driver
August 8, 2012 2:34:30 AM

yes, win7 is much better at keeping control over the volume than say win98. LOL
grats on the fix and sorry your onboard died.
m
l
Related resources
!